“Wonderful Experience”

“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We (two couples, 2 kids) stay here last week. Here's our review:

Rooms:
Excellent. Its like a serviced apartment and for that price is a great value. Not much of a view from any of the rooms though. This is in comparison to Sherlock's garden view. Its a common balcony for two rooms outside each room. There are 3 additional single beds.

Food:
We loved the food. I am not sure why some readers mentioned its average or ok. Of course, customization is limited. breakfast was yummy (burp). dont missed the vadas and the red chutney.

Service:
Excellent. Intuitive to your needs. You dont need to ask them for every little thing. they bring them to you.

Room Amenities:
24hrs hot water (not from boilers) and this is not lukewarm :) Usual toilet blings (shampoo, soaps, etc.,). TV in the room. mostly regional channels. News and English movie channels are available too. floor mats :) Warm beds with razais that do their job.

Approach:
Currently, the road is bad from the main road. vehicles with low Ground clearance will need to take a beating. It is bad at 3-4 places.

Having said this, we'd be back for sure.

Thank you Team, for making our stay a delight.

Room Tip: Lower rooms are warmer.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ArunRadhaKrishnan, Executive Director at Delightz Inn, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for Choosing Delightz Inn for your recent trip to ooty. We are glad to learn that our Service & staff members have met your expectations.We will be elaborating the Morning Buffet as considering your feedback..We have intimated Municipality regarding the same,the maintenance work was started but getting delayed due to parlimentary elections.When you come next time,we exceed your expectations with our uncompromise service..We will glad to host you again & look forward to welcome you again to our Property in near future..

Executive Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Fremont, California, USA
Reviewed 2 May 2014

While I can understand (and vouch) for the quiet, secluded and scenic charm this property presents to vacationers who may be looking for a romantic getaway or to simply unwind from the noise/pollution/crowd of their home town, I am still disappointed due to the lack of basic infrastructure such as good access road and dining options. For people who have their own vehicles and who are used to potholes, this may not present as a problem but for outsiders like me, who have some basic expectations and are dependent on taxi or public transport, this could be a challenge. Apart from the pothole laden narrow access road, the other things I didn't like about this so called resort are:

1. No restaurant, only room service - They have an elaborate menu that they serve in your room. They say its all prepared fresh as per your taste but we were disappointed with the food. Too much oil and spices that upset our stomachs even after providing feedback to the cook. The cook seemed eager to please but was obviously limited by his own capabilities and availability of ingredients.

2. Tiled/Cemented floors: Even in the peak summer months of April, this place can be several degrees cooler and cold floors do not help in such cases.

3. There are water heaters in the bathroom but disconnected. What's the point? They do provide a separate hot water tap in the bathroom but then you don't get hot water access at the sinks.

4. This place was quite chilly during the evenings and we were shocked and surprised to find that the hotel charges Rs.250/day extra for providing a room heater. When I am paying thousands for a hotel room per day I don't want to worry about the room temperature to begin with let alone paying to get a room heater. Note that the rooms are more like suites with (non-functional) kitchen area so the room heater is only good for the bedroom!

5. Open air morning buffet - You need to be all dressed up even to go get breakfast. Only chairs are setup - no tables (see picture). With flies roaming about you as you eat, this isn't exactly my idea of the start-of-the-day.

Since my wife was pregnant, the bad access road, ultimately, was the deciding factor for us to seek another place the next morning. The front desk staff were initially sympathetic and willing to help but said they couldn't do much as my reservation was prepaid. After I was able to get cancellation done via the travel site I booked with (minus one day charge), the hotel guys insisted that I pay them separately for one extra day and in cash! - which I did.

Room Tip: Make sure you are getting hot water in the room and negotiate for a room heater as they charge extra...
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for Choosing Delightz Inn for your recent trip to ooty. Our’s is a newly developed resort and planning is going on to construct restaurant, play area, Bar etc….We still stick on to our commitment in spite of your negative comments that the food served to you as well as our guests are fresh without preservations and remains fresh always.
Since you have felt that floor was cold,we value your feedback & will try to implement that.4. Considering the weather condition In ooty, we have initiated the separate hot water system line for our guests because normally it takes at least 20 minutes for the geyser line to get hot water due to weather conditions,since water will be under 0 degree clesuis,so it takes time to get hot.5. We are aware of the road condition which is pretty bad and also which comes under the municipality limit.We can understand your expectations towards the basic infrastructure such as municipality access roads but it is not fair on your part to single out our single property for this pathetic road condition and also for your information the road work was supposed to start by the concerned department, but delayed due to Parliamentary Elections.As of now the room heaters are on chargeable basis since it is not included in the room tariff but we are planning for the inbuilt room heaters in future.Nothing we are charging apart from the Electricity consumption,since its 2000 watts.When you come next time,we exceed your expectations with our uncompromise service..We will glad to host you again & look forward to welcome you again to our Property in near future..

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed there 13th April to 16th April,2014 with my family. Location is Superb,Staff is very cooperative and I like their phone No.9 service. It was very quick and responsive. For my 1.8yrs baby they arranged Hot water and boiled milk in one call. Really I am thank full. My family was happy for I booked this hotel through MMT. Also thank you Team MMT.

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for Choosing Delightz Inn for your recent trip to ooty. We are glad to learn that our Service & staff members have met your expectations.When you come next time,we exceed your expectations with our unompromise service..We will glad to host you once again & look forward to welcome you again to our Property in near future..

Chennai
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed @ Delightz Inn for 2 days this April. My wife, 2 year old kid and I.

The place is a little far away from Ooty town(5 to 6 kms) but the location is fantastic. We loved the place. We stayed in Room 120. Rooms 119 and 120 on the first floor shared a common balcony. The balcony has very good views. The place is at a higher altitude than Ooty town and the trip down to the town has amazing scenic views. We loved the place.

The rooms are very spacious - they have a hall + a bed room, a small kitchen space. Our first impression was - "Seriously!!! - For this price?". The room was neat and clean and we were really happy to have chosen Delightz as soon as we entered. There were 2 diwans in the hall and a double bed + a single bed in the bedroom. So it an comfortably accommodate 5 people as it is and even if there are more, I am sure there is enough space/facilities to accommodate.

Had a geyser which served hot water. Also the boiler water was available from morning 7 for about 3 or 4 hours. We faced some power issue when we were there but then it should have been an one-off day for them.

Service was very good. We asked for hot water for our kid(since there was temporary power shortage) and it was immediately served in a bucket with a smile. I gave a request for an iron box and got that too. The service team members were really courteous and didnt mind going up and down carrying food and other requests..The manager Mr. Ramesh was also very courteous. The entire team was very well trained.

We had lunch once at the hotel and loved the Babycorn pepper fry and Spicy chicken soup!! Cold it was, and the spicy chicken soup was awesome!! The buffet breakfast(complimentary) was South Indian and was very good. Dosas, Set Dosa, Idlis, Vada and Adai Dosa were the choices we had over the two days we stayed - but if you are staying for more than 2 days, I am sure you would find it a little boring, not for the taste but for the choices. Overall felt that the food quality and taste were good, may be even better than other choices in Ooty town.

We had a horse ride - horses were available from around 7.30 to 8.30 during buffet. Was a very very small trip though for Rs. 100 - we got a ride for almost thrice the same distance in Film shooting spot.

The place has its own travel desk - they arrange cabs for a one day trip. They have a few trip options too available (Pykara+Ooty, Coonoor+Ooty, Ony Ooty, Only Pykara etc). The rates were very decent. We had an excellent driver - Mr. Saha who was also a guide for us throughout the trip, gave us a lot of information about the place. He has a Tavera - you get it at the cost of an Indica - ask for him if you are looking for a cab.

Check out time is 12 noon sharp as during season times occupancy is 100%.

There is a disadvantage is if you dont have your own vehicle. Every trip to Ooty town costs Rs. 150 to Rs. 200 by auto. It takes at least 15-20 minutes for the autos to come up to the hotel. No issues if you have your own vehicle. Second is poor mobile phone reception. Airtel and BSNL both were on and off. But I am not sure if it is a disadvantage, we had a very good time - away from phone calls!! WiFi is not available in the rooms(only in the reception area), but I was told it would soon be available. Without mobile phone and wifi - it was difficult to check the internet even for knowing our ticket status !!! I am sure they are working on this.

And finally, a suggestion on booking. We booked only 2 days earlier. Goibibo had an offer for the rooms - Rs. 5300 worth for just Rs. 4000. While searching on the net, both goibibo and the hotel's website said that 1 room was available for the dates. I called up the hotel and said I wanted to check availability before booking through goibibo. I was told that no rooms were available as it was a weekend. While I told them that both their website and gobibo guys confirm availability, they told me even if I book online - either at goibibo or through their website - at the end of the day, they would cross check availability and send a regret email (as they give preference to direct checkins). I was surprised and called up goibibo - they assured me that if their website shows rooms as "Available" they would make sure that the hotel gives us the booked room. I was not sure whom to believe - I was doubtful and believed goibibo would let me down. But we got the rooms confirmed a day before we started. I am still wondering why the Hotel Guys told me not to book!!! So may be you will get lucky - if check on travel sites even if the hotel guys say that rooms are not available.

Overall we were really happy. Fantastic trip. Excellent location + Real value for money!!!

Room Tip: Everybody says rooms on the first floor are good. We liked them too!! The balcony was good.
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for Choosing Delightz Inn for your recent trip to ooty. We are glad to learn that our Service & staff members have met your expectations.Electricity Board been working for long time regarding Transformer down the road,for that reason you might have faced power voltage down,it would be rectified at earliest.We have worked on Morning Buffet & elaborated menu with different choices.We are been working on Shuttle service,soon it will be made.We regret that there were some confusions during reservation.We have taken effective steps for the cause.When you come next time,we exceed your expectations with our uncompromise service..We will glad to host you again & look forward to welcome you again to our Property in near future..

Reviewed 23 April 2014

It was Memorable experience @ Delightz Inn during our stay with family. The rooms are specious and maintained clean. The Staffs are co operative and food quality also good.
it was worth a stay with reasonable rates along with all facilities.The location was filled with awesome scenic beauties of hills,flowers of many types and other eye catching sights.

Cabs were arranged for sight seeing(reasonable rates) and each day was well planned so we could visit places without much hindrance.

The only disadvantage was the road to Hotel is not maintained and well kept.Travelling by your own vehicle is much convenient as the Hotel is about 2 ~ 3 km away from town and is at a higher altitude.

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for Choosing Delightz Inn for your recent trip to ooty. We are glad to learn that our Service & staff members have met your expectations.We are been effectively our level best to improve road maintenance works & similarly it comes under municipality of ooty & ofcourse intimated govt people regarding same several times.When you come next time,we exceed your expectations with our unompromise service.We make sure you have best stay when get down next time.We will glad to host you again & look forward to welcome you again to our Property in near future..

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The location and the hotel atmosphere is very good.... Room is very spacious and clean.... Hotel staffs are Co-Operative..... The breakfast was average.....
Overall, Worth for Money....Like it.....:-):-)

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Muhammed N
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for Choosing Delightz Inn for your recent trip to ooty. We are glad to learn that our Service & staff members have met your expectations.When you come next time,we exceed your expectations with our unompromise service..We will glad to host you again & look forward to welcome you again to our Property in near future..

pune
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Staff cooperative
Food average
Clean room
Nice view
Hotel to market or nearby place... its not at walkable distance. 200 meters road near hotel is bit sloppy and lonely with less light. Only hotel light is there.
... good if you have your own vehicle or auto arranged by hotel take rs. 150 and above

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank parulsingh1506
ArunRadhaKrishnan, Executive Director at Delightz Inn, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for Choosing Delightz Inn for your recent trip to ooty. We been trying out to possible shuttle service & would do that soon.We are glad to learn that our Service & staff members have met your expectations.When you come next time,we exceed your expectations with our unompromise service..We will glad to host you again & look forward to welcome you again to our Property in near future..