“Stay in Deccan Resort”
Review of Deccan Park Ooty

Deccan Park Ooty
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The location of the Resort was in a remote area. Had my private vehicle so i didn't face any difficulty. It was a beautiful resort, had a great garden, play ground for children, indoor games, gym, basket ball court. It had a good vegetarian restaurant. The food was delicious.
One thing i have to mention about the Room Service, was very poor. The rooms were spacious and clean. There were flies in the room.
The front desk service was also poor.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The first impression we had of Deccan park was that of a nice resort with warm staff, we were given a room at the far end of the resort, the long walk took off some of the enthusiasm, the room was dark and there was no power when we reached, the bellboy promised to rectify it but nothing happened and it was after we raised a complaint at the reception that the power was turned on. The room too was not neat, the sheets though done looked dirty and so did the towels in the bathroom, everything was yellowish and looked as though they were not washed. A complete turnoff. We turned on the tap to find ice cold water despite waiting for 40 minutes after turning the geyser as instructed. Two complaint calls later a guy comes and informs us all is well and hot water will flow shortly, three hours later and two complaints and desperate waiting the maintenance guy comes and repeats the same comment of 40 minute wait, when my husband finally loses his temper the guy checks the false ceiling in the bathroom to realise that the heater is not plugged in. The children’s park is definitely the only plus of the hotel, the buffet spread was not so impressive.The spread had no variety and we were served the exact same menu on both days for breakfast.
the Staff ( other than reception) are not cordial, will not even look at our face , as if we did something wrong to them. Their is no room view. feels like we are in a cellar.
Overall the experience was not a pleasant one and definitely not one I would like to add to my memories.

Room Tip: ask for top end rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 898MMG
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Deccan Park Resorts is a great place for fun with family. The property is located a little away from the main Ooty town. As we had booked a taxi for the full duration, it was not a problem for us; on the other hand we actually loved it. We were away from all the touristy hustle and bustle in the the quiet environs of the mist-ensconced mesmerizing Nilgiri hills.
We had gone to Ooty in May 2014, when it was raining non-stop in Ooty. So other than light local site-seeing, it was difficult to go out anywhere. The resort proved to be a good place to have fun in such a weather. It has a gym, children play area (in the open, which, however, due to the rains, my son couldn't use), indoor games (carom, TT and Fooseball), a badminton court and Basket ball Court. It also offers massage on request, which we did try.
We stayed in room nos. 1 and 2 which are opposite the in-house restaurant; so it was convenient to walk across in the rains for meals. Otherwise, the property is spread over a sprawling area of natural beauty. I would have loved to go for walks in its up-and-down hilly pathways, but rains played a spoil-sport!
Special mention may be made of Mr. Swain, the restaurant Manager, who took utmost care of the guests. As I was traveling with my family and in-laws, I was more worried for appropriate food for my aged parents in-law. I was relieved to find everything to their liking. The food was sumptuous and delicious. Mr. Swain could be seen circulating among the guests during meal times, and personally supervising everything.
Just the perfect place in Ooty for a relaxing and fun-filled break.

Room Tip: Take rooms with a good view from the windows.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We two went to Ooty and stayed in cottage during 2nd week of April , place is situated away from Ooty city and getting a conveyance before 40 minutes is difficult ,in case of any emergency there would be panic . THE STAFF IS FRIENDLY and helpful . Cleanliness in the rooms is poor . The food served is very average and totally vegitarian food is served. It is value for money but not a place for any luxury.

Room Tip: Closer to the reception and on the East side are better rooms .
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Best place to stay. And if you are going with your husband, then don't miss it. Awesome view from every room. I like the staff and their helpful nature. Should go one's in a year. Good vegetarian food in the restaurant. I liked complementary buffet breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as our booking was at the last moment and all star hotels were booked in ooty.
Its a nice property. With decent stay. Location is good. Away from the hussle bussle of city. Quite calm place.
But food is bad. No taste and no variety.

You can stay here if you like peaceful locations and have mid size budget.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014

After so many visits to Ooty, I wanted this vacation to be a relaxed one where I can just lay back and relax myself from the daily schedule. Search started to get a decent resort a little outside the city (was not interested in the normal tourist places like lake/gardens etc as I have seen them numerous times). Saw this resort and liked it. Since this was the peak season, rate was bit on the higher side but I decided to give it a shot. Go to this place if you are looking for calm and just laze around. This place has almost pin-drop silence and you can spend some nice quality time.

The resort is located towards Ooty lake side further up around 3-4 km, This place is ideal if you have your car/taxi otherwise transportation will be a problem. It’s a steep climb of 100-200 meters from the main road but can be easily done in 1st gear.

Now about the property and the amenities. Overall the cottages are very nice and clean with all facilities like room heater, LCD TV, mini fridge etc. All cottages have a connected balcony which overlooks a small valley below. They have all the amenities like basketball, TT, snooker, badminton, carom etc, children park, a small gym and sauna centre. Overall many activities to keep you occupied. They offer complementary buffet breakfast. The restaurant is pure vegetarian and I would say I got pretty decent north Indian food for lunch and dinner.

Things that can be improved:
1. They can do better landscaping and make the resort greener. May be I visited in May (which is normally a dry season); I found it less green as per my liking.

2. When you pay a premium price, you expect all the facilities, although bathrooms were neat and clean with all modern accessories; the hot water supply was only 1 bucket at a time. After that, you wait for another 30 min to get another bucket. When reported to management, they told that they have geysers which have only that much capacity. Not acceptable.

Room Tip: You can choose any of the cottages overlooking the valley.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple