“Decent Resort to stay”

Sabol Holiday Resorts
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I had been here couple of times and I would say this is one of the finest resorts which has a very good view as it is located on top of the hills. Very good place to relax. The hospitality was excellent and they managed to be on top of our requests. Overall its awesome experience. Special Thanks to Nandha, Abraham and Syed.

Room Tip: Top view will look good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

The main reason for me to choose this hotel was due to my delay in booking, in fact I was searching for hotels in ooty just the day before of travel. So 95 percent resorts were booked out as it was a vacation season as well. I was looking for a classy place where I could spend my entire day relaxing in the resort, So I decided to choose this place seeing the price and trip advisor reviews. But I was shell shocked seeing the property. The place is not just far away from the main town but the property is definitely not worth the cash we spend. The rooms were not clean and the wash basin was leaking continously. My primary concern about this place is value for money. Stay only if you have no other options in Ooty,else it is not worth more than 2000 rupees. I have stayed in many othr resorts in ooty offering high standards with much cheaper price. The food quality in the restaurant was not satisfactory. But I was Impressed by the breakfast experience.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank arunasokkumar
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed at Sabol Holiday Resorts with my family from 15th Mar 2012 to 17th Mar 2012. It was indeed a wonderful experience.The hospitality was great and wonderful and had not experienced such a thing in the past any where in the world i had visited.Special mention should be your manager Syed.. He made our stay memorable.He helped us a lot from booking the resort to check out from the resort.. The Play area and activities are really wonderfull... Location was amazing as situtated atleast 3KMS from Main ooty...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I honestly relied on Trip Advisor rating and review and chose this hotel for a family visit after Christmas! Was I dissappointed! Infact when I was waiting for keys to the room, as our room was getting prepared inspite of my confirmation to them the very day, that a disgruntled customer was raving and ranting to them regarding muddy shower water, service, etc shouldve taken an about turn but we didnt and wanted to see for ourselves! The complain was very just, food was terrible, dirty plates, cups with stains, the basic hygiene was missing! All this for 7000 INR per night? Are you kidding me??????? We were compelled to go eat out in ooty to avoid such terrible breakfast lunch or dinner! Bed tea dont expect it before 7:30am! Towels? You have to keep asking for it for a day n half before they manage to procure it!!! And most astonishing fact is the resort is only two years old!!!! I mean if you guys cant manage sell it rather than fleecing customers!!!!
Avoid!! avoid!!! avoid!!!

Room Tip: Dont go there!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Its a completely relaxing place with cottages in 3 layers of land and home-like tasty food. There are one,two bedroom n duplex cottages with a kitchen and living room. The room service was good and reliable
The resort is located in a wonderful place on the hill, away from traffic and noise. Our stay at the resort was just awesome, well maintained environment, a friendly and charming in house team to assist and help us.

Room Tip: On the whole, a nice choice of the place to stay in Ooty. I will recommend this to a family, a team...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank deepa632
Reviewed 28 September 2012

we stayed in this beautiful resort on my honeymoon in Auguest for 6 days(from 24th to 29th). Our stay was simply awasome and most memorable. This resort is around 4km. from Ooty in an excellent valley and tea gardens. The location is quite calm and we enjoyed hot coffee every morning with the chilled fog going on us. we really enjoyed our stay over there.
The staff received us with their warm hospitality. especially I have to mention Mr. Abraham who received us from Ooty bus station in the rainy evening. Thanks Mr. Abraham for your warm welcome. And the resort manager Mr. Senthil Kumar, who guided us through out our trip for sight seeing locations and provided what ever we want during our stay. Thanks Mr. Senthil for your hospitality and caring.
Rooms are neatly maintained and almost all cottages having beautiful valley views. 24/7 hot water is available in the rooms. The main advantage of this resort is the location which is awasome and the property is also new so all facilities are excellent. we missed the Marlimund lake which is very near to this resort
Its a beautiful lake, we thought of spending some time over there but we dint get chance.
Food is also good especially the service. we stayed in blue jay cottage which is single bed room with a spacious hall and small kitchen attached. view from this cottage is simply superb.
I strongly recommend this to couples and family.
My suggestion to management is to add other facilities like swimming pool, spa etc...

Room Tip: all the cottages are spread on a hill in 4 rows we stayed in Blue Jay cottage which is in the secon...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Srujankumar
Reviewed 9 September 2012

introducing ourselves as Wee Goo . . .
a group of frnds n family who go holidaying in for many exotic locations within india. using trip advisor we zeroed in on Ooty this time, which is around 3.5hrs frm our native place calicut. in all means our stay at Sabol Holiday Resorts was truly a lovely experience. uploading some pics which will talk more than my words. to the management at Sabol the only negative experience we had was, the drive through ur approch road which was very poorly maintained considering ur standards. hope u will do the needful . . . .

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family