A short trip to ooty with my team mates was indeed good. We made the stay at the Holiday inn resorts. Hotel is located in a silent locality, a few kilometres away from the main town .We made bookings from Antilog Vacations online as they give good hotel rates & cheap packages as well for sightseeing etc.Taking booking from hotel is highly priced and you also don’t get the required service
The resort facilitated fine services. The staff was polite rather than friendly. We had a drive from cochin to ooty via our tour operator. We were a bit disappointed for not being served welcome drinks. But the beauty around the resort made us compromise that little part. .From the room one looks either into the mists and fog or surreal beauty of a green oasis depending on what the day brings. It is a good property with great views. It is not newly constructed but have been maintained well. It has indoor swimming pool & maintained garden area.
We ate in both restaurants (Indian and Chinese) and had excellent meals. Breakfast provided a wide choice from the buffet. Bedroom had 2 queen beds and a lounge area with good views. Room decor is of a standard 3 star hotel. Old style TV ( though we did not watch the TV, some would prefer a good one). and the wooden flooring has started to show the age.
Bathroom was adequate. Air con did not seem easy to adjust. The rooms were well appointed and were always clean and the plumbing worked well. The Maharaja of Mysore's summer palace is near by which also offers accommodation but best for a visit for coffee or evening drink with a return to the absolute comfort of the Inn. And the car parking priority was for the cabs and buses coming in with tourists, rather than for people staying. This was a matter to be disliked as we were not properly served the parking facility though our agent managed it .
The band would play instrumentals of old Hindi songs. The service of Hotel staffs are also very nice. Overall its a lovely place to stay and next time if go Ooty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the beautiful Nilgiri Mountains, the hotel stands tall with all elegance and style. A contemporary structure with a traditional feel, Gem Park Ooty has kept itself well with the spirit of the beautiful and picturesque city. It is located in the heart of the town, minutes away from key tourist attractions and major shopping areas. With its convenient location and fine service, the hotel has aptly gained favor of all business and leisure travelers who throng the city throughout the year. The hotel welcomes you to a stunning beautifully done up lobby with impressive Indian art on the walls. It is the spotlessly attired staff, ever ready to do the most to make you comfortable that makes the stay an experience for a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gem Park-Ooty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Gem Park-Ooty Hotel Ootacamund
- Holiday Inn Ootacamund
- Ootacamund Holiday Inn
- Gem Park-Ooty India/Ooty (Udhagamandalam)