“Excellent place to relax”

Ooty - Elk Hill, A Sterling Holidays Resort
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Ooty
Wayanad District, India
“Excellent place to relax”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

If anyone ask me about my last holidays in ooty..... just one word Elkhill made my holidays wonderful....it is one of the best resorts i have ever stayed with zero complaints....here you will get world class service from staff with a smile be it from the room cleaning boy or the boy serving u tea in the restaruant.......resort is neat and clean and the charm of this place is the location from hr you have a beautiful view of the ooty town...

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank jayaraan123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
kochi
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I booked through online, on arrival itself I was surprised by the warm welcome I got at the reception with a traditional welcome drink. The rooms were neat and clean with all the amenities and the wow factor was the view from the room. You can see full Ooty town. Food was excellent and service inside the restaurant but their room service is a bit slow. They conduct games in the evening for the guest which is a very good and different type of experience... If anyone going to Ooty I strongly suggest sterling elk hill.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My experience with ELk Hill Sterling Holidays resort is too good, I Stayed with my family from 14th Oct 13 to 17th Oct 13. Moment i checked in the resort I am impressed with the welcome i was given room no. 432. The room was so good with a fresh linen and a great view from the window. I was surprised to know that the resort is organising full day activities like drawings, sports, tambolla, quiz competions and also a camp fire. Daily eveing after full day outing we used to spend most of the time in play zone for Table tennis, chess and other sports activities. I would like to mention that the Housekeeping, KItchen, Restaruant, Hospitality services of the resort is outstanding. Staff is so co-operative and informative. I appreciate the dedication, devotation and sence of responsibilioty of the staff towards the guests. As i have to resume my duties in Delhi i have to check out on 17th Oct 13. A great Stay there. Hope to be soon in Ooty Elk Hill Sterling Resort. I thanks the Management and the Staff of the Resort.

Room Tip: Rookms on the front side of the Resorts
Bangalore
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My experience with Sterling Resorts at Yelagiri and Dharamshala had been great, the facilities, the hospitality..it was all a feel good factor that i decided to book Sterling resorts wherever they are present. With Fern hill resorts being fully booked, i selected Elk Hill. I arrived on Saturday, 12th October. The welcome was warm, I was given a room (610) with a good view, technically 6 floors down and all was well. We had decided to step out to have lunch, the lift was not working...temporary issue I thought, we had to climb 6 floors and I had my aged father in law with us. But then this turned out to be a constant problem, we had to climb 6 floors every time we had to go out. With a baby and an aged man with us, this was no joke. The power also went out every morning, leaving the bathrooms in pitch darkness. This was consistent as well throughout our stay. If this is a regular problem, there should be power back up plans like the other Sterling resorts or atleast emergency lights available for the guests. During check out, I pointed this out, but the people had a don't care attitude which pissed me off. The staff were definitely not as warm as the other locations. All the pains taken to ensure that the guests had a good time, the events, the cultural show..etc were all masked by the inconvenience caused due to the power cuts and the attitude while check out. I would still recommend other Sterling locations to others but not Elk Hill.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Glenn S
SterlingHolidays, Owner at Ooty - Elk Hill, A Sterling Holidays Resort, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are extremely concerned about the inconvenience caused during your stay at our resort. We have noted the issues you have highlighted about the power failure and staff attitude. We have shared them with the resort team and corporate management.
We request you to consider your experience as an individual event and not the representation of Sterling’s service standards. We hope you’ll give us another opportunity to serve you better with another visit to one of our resorts.

The Sterling Holidays Team.
Mysuru (Mysore), India
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed with my family from 13-10-13 to 15-10-13. Resort is situated in an elevated beautiful place. Moment I checked in to my room I found stained bedsheet. Bathroom was small and without any ventillation. When I complained I was shifted to another room which according to them recently renovated. In this room bathroom was better. Wooden sofa cum bed was broken and wash basin tap was tilted. Being a timeshare member, Rs 850 per day utility charges was collected. Resort should understand that people come there to relax and not to keep on complaining

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
SterlingHolidays, Owner at Ooty - Elk Hill, A Sterling Holidays Resort, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Sterling Holidays! We have noted your concerns regarding service at the resort and your feedback has been shared with the resort management and team.

At Sterling, we are committed to achieving high customer satisfaction levels and are deeply regretful that you felt that we were unable to demonstrate that commitment during your holiday with us. We hope you will give us an opportunity to prove that the issues you faced were an unfortunate exception.

We deeply value your feedback and want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know your views. It helps us in our constant endeavour to deliver the best service to all our guests

The Sterling Holidays Team.
Bangalore, India
Reviewed 15 October 2013

its a nice place to stay...even though they have mentioned there is LCD tv, couldn't find it in room. Parking needs to be improved a lot...& Restaurant food is nice but their room service is not up to the mark always...one time we got a waiting time of 45min minimum for getting the ordered food. Once we intimated same to reception, we got food with in 15min...Food is bit expensive. All staffs are very friendly and will make you to feel good.
Worth place to stay.

1 Thank Vineeth K
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Overall experience was good and nice location. Only bad experience was lift didn't work sometimes and it was very painful to climb 6 floors. In one of our rooms there was no electricity for one night.

Stayed at deluxe suite rooms. Rooms were clean and view from the rooms was nice.

1 Thank bsp894