“A great honeymoon experience at cottage...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Lakeview

Hotel Lakeview
Ranked #15 of 78 Hotels in Ooty
Ahmedabad, India
“A great honeymoon experience at cottage...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Excellent rooms, Good service. Best for honeymoon couples. Winter is the season to stay at hotel lake view. We stayed for 3 days. Staff is very courteous. Also, Travel desk has all the kinds of sight seeing services. We got a direct bus to Kodaikanal. Thank u Hotel Lake View for your good hospitality. Best wishes .....

Room Tip: A fire place and excellent valley view.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

We reached Ooty at early morning 6AM but check-in time was 12 noon. I requested them to provide room if someone is checking out early. We waited in reception, had breakfast in restaurant, finally got room at 10:30AM.

The hotel location is good and is nearby Boat house. Food quality is average and room service is very slow. I booked Deluxe Cottage but rooms were like govt guesthouse rooms not maintained properly. I would recommend this hotel only for location and nice surroundings.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shantanu G
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

The location is not walk able to the Main Boat House. You need a vehicle or a auto drop to any place. Cottages are well designed but service is poor. Food quality is average. We had stayed there for 3 nights from 29.12.2011 to 01.01.2012. To our surprise, there was no new year programme at the hotel. We were offered New Year's passes for Sterling Resort at an exorbitant price, Rs.5600/- per couple. Since we were staying in the most bottom cottage down the hill, the distance to the Hotel Restaurant and Reception was quite a distance. Room Service order was minimum 45 minutes. We did not like the hotel at the price.

3 Thank gks007
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

When I reached the hotel I was impressed with the view and cottage system but it didn't last long as it was a horrible experience. I visited Ooty for honeymoon and I was staying in cottage no. 112. Room service was very slow and most of the time there was electricity problem. Rooms were very cold as it was not tightly locked from all side. It will take 45 minutes to warm water when you turn on the geyser which was communicated to us at the time of checking in. They charge extra for room heating. I called twice to reception to get towels and it takes lot of time if you order something. In the night I felt presense of some unnatural things in the room as somebody pushed me in the night when I was sleeping and I saw some blurred image (I was not drunk and I am damn serious). There was some scary feeling which didn't let us sleep. cottages are very far and you wont see any person near to you so you will feel alone in this situation. next day I talked to reception and changed my cottage to 22. But here also we both heard someone running on the roof in the night 1 AM. It was so loud and clear that it didn't let us sleep and it was happening all the night and even we both had very bad dreams. over all this was the worst journey of my life however I enjoyed my honeymoon trip in other places in Kerala. But I am damn sure about it that the most of the cottages in Lake view are haunted and reception guys were aware of it.

65 Thank Saurabh8451_11

Travellers are raving about these Ooty hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 2N & 3D, and the stay was really good. Neat & well maintained rooms were nice to be with family for holidays. Supportive staff helped us in for any kind off needs.
The hotel is also situated at nice place. Would recommend to my friends.

Regards,
Ajay

9 Thank AjayKumarHM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

Stayed at Hotel Lakeview cottages. Located approx 3 kms from Ooty bus stand and Railway station this place is far away from hustle bustle of main town. As the hotel name says, it actually provides view of famous Ooty Lake, one could just walk up to the lake and take a boat ride. Stayed in Deluxe cottage of the hotel which was quite good though not great but still a nice cozy place. The hotel staff is courteous, helpful and makes your stay memorable. The famous Fern Hill Palace is just 2 kms away from this hotel so one can take an evening stroll and visit the palace. Would recommend this place anytime, if you don't want hustle bustle and want some piece of mind ;-)

Room Tip: Try and take rooms from 1 to 20 if you want direct view of Lake. Else take Room 80-90 if you want hi...
12 Thank Kunal L
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

I opted for this hotel after reading many positive reviews at makemytrip and tripadvisor. However, my stay was terrible ( 1.12.2011 to 4.12.2011). First, hotel is not well maintained. I opted for their most expensive room - Valley view. The room was ordinary type and even cobwebs were hanging in the sitting room and bathroom. This is when you are paying 2500 per night. I don't know what they offer in 1500 and 1800.

However, the incident which made me lose my mind is as follows. We had gone out for sightseeing by our own hired vehicle. Our 8 mths old son was along with us in this trip. it was his first trip, However, unfortunately on that day ( we were going to pykara lake) , our car had brake failure. Thanks to driver, he managed to stop the car. We were standing at a lonely road with no sign of transportation. In such a scenario, we called hotel for help to hotel. However, we were refused help point blank and the female on the phone told us that if u walk 1-2 km you will find an auto. It was completely shocking. Standing alone on road with a kid. Thanks to god, an auto driver transporting cylinder agreed to help us and we managed to reach hotel some how. Though, i didn't spare the female when i reached hotel, but it spoiled our mood and that day. I will really advise not to go for such hotel.

15 Thank Nihasha