This hotel has mixed reviews but my stay here for 3 days and 2 nights were good, comfortable and nothing much to complain about. The hotel is a little away from the city but if you need a peaceful and silent weekend, this is the place to go to. The hotel is huge and has many independent cottages/villas. You can even take your vehicles and park it near your cottage. Do note that there is not much around the hotel so if you need to go to the market or find some shops, you need to travel more than one or two kilometers. The auto drivers in the city are too cheeky. They charge way too much even if the distance is just about 2 kilometers. I had to pay around 100 bucks just for a ride from the bus stop to the hotel. Even though I spoke in the local language, they wouldn't reduce a buck. So I suggest you take a rick through the hotel. Its lesser that way. I just had to pay 60 bucks from the hotel to the bus stop after check out.
The rooms were clean and organized. So was the restroom. Each cottage has an electric geyser so you can get hot water all the time. The suite I stayed in had a fireplace in the living room and you have to pay 100 bucks extra for wood. But I felt it was a waste as it kept only the living room warm for a little while and not the bed room. The wood gets burnt in no time. The floor does not have carpet and its too cold so make sure you wear your slippers. The water is also too cold so had to use the geyser a lot. Each suite has a TV and to my delight, there were English channels too :)
I have read many reviews that the room service was bad and slow and I went there expecting the same but I was surprised that it was fast and every call I made was dealt with quickly. The hotel says that a food order would take a minimum of 45 min but to my luck, it came within 10 to 15 mins every time I ordered and the food was quite hot. (only problem is you need to eat as soon as it arrives or the weather makes it cold too quickly). Or you can always walk up to the restaurant and eat there. The staff are friendly and most of them speak English except for the room service boys who speak only Tamil. Phones go unanswered after 10.30pm.
The breakfast is buffet only which is priced at 120 per person and you mostly get south Indian food like Idli, Dosa, Upma, Poori, Semiya etc in addition to coffee, tea and juice. The second day there was aloo paratha as well. The taste was good and since its unlimited, you can eat how much ever you want to :) Lunch and dinner was good too. I loved the Mutton Biriyani especially. It was spicy and delicious.
There is wifi available for which you need to pay extra. There is a travel desk who can help you arrange for sight seeing and stuff.
Overall, the stay was satisfying and I recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Lakeview sits pretty on an 8 acre stretch of land, on the sensuous terraced slopes of a hill offering a magnificent double spectacle. Even at an ambling pace, you can reach the boathouse in 10 minutes flat, or the bus stand in 15 minutes.The complex has easy access to every part of the town and beyond.Experience the pleasure of living besides Ooty lake with family and friends in the Queen of Hill station.The largest and the most exclusive hill resort in Ooty, Lakeview consists of 123 specially designed, fully independent luxury cottages. Hotel Lakeview is where you begin to experience Ooty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your Hotel Lakeview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Hotel Ootacamund
- Hotel Lakeview India/Ooty