“Excellent, comfortable & homely stay”

and 1 more site!
Dayal Lodge - A Boutique Hotel
Ranked #77 of 147 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed 11 August 2014

A friend of mine recommended tho hotel. Situated in the city centre the place is exceptionally homely and well managed. Whenever I travel only thing I look for is clean and hyginic bathroom and the place excelled on this front, the bathrooms seem newly built and clean. Food is superb and you must recommend Special Thali. Go experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ShreyaDass

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for 2 weeks, place was excellent. Air conditioned, generator for power outages, great food, friendly staff. Very spacious room, made for a very comfortable stay, next time I am in Agra I will definitely stay at dayal lodge again!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Dmamrot
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have been visiting Dayal Lodge for the past few years.
Food from 'Family Kitchen' is clean and prepared in a homely manner.Staff is co-operative.Way to go!!! Looking forward to visit again..........

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
3  Thank Soami Pyari K
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Things i liked about the hotel:
1- Convenient location, right off the highway connecting delhi airport
2 - Owner (Amol) was really graceful and very accommodating to my needs and highly knowledgeable as well
3- The front office lady was very sweet and answered all my idiotic queries with a smile

For the money i paid, rooms were really good and the facilities were as expected. will recommend this to all my backpacker friends who want to have a convenient and a comfortable stay at a low cost.

Travel Date - March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed at Dayal Lodge between August and October'13 for business purposes. It wasnt a continuous stay and I could always count on the staff to keep my luggage safe while I was gone. For starters, it provides an extremely idyllic environment with friendly staff and healthy food. It is a little far away from the tourist area, so if you are thinking about visiting the Taj, you might find its location feasible. It however is situated in one of the up-and-coming areas of the city where most new businesses are located, so thats a plus.

The rooms are OK for a single person and charges are nominal. One major disadvantage is the presence of a single plug point which makes charging your electronic goods simultaneously impossible. The sheets have a yellowish feel to them but apparently they are cotton and environment friendly (this is open to debate...). The bathrooms are nice and fitted with necessary attachments.

The people are really helpful and can accomadate personal requests once in a while. I did lose an important courier during my stay there but the employees tried their best to search for it (I guess we all commit honest mistakes...no complaints there). The food is good to say the least but they could do with more options. There is no non-veg available in their kitchen so keep that in mind. I would suggest to try out the Family Thali for dinner.

It is close to Raja-ki-Mandi station (15 mins by auto) so that is not a problem. It is close to a mall, so you can always hang out there if need be. The TV and the AC worked perfectly, so no complaints there either.

To reiterate:
Pros: Nice location (not if you are a tourist), Food, Service
Cons: Limited menu options, no Non veg, Crowded surroundings

Room Tip: Try for rooms on the First floor; Let the hotel authorities know if you have personal preferances
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank AnirbanGhosh
Reviewed 24 May 2013

A comprehensive and detailed review:

It was only 950 rupees a night for my wife and I in a double room, AC, cable TV and ensuite. Room service and a selection of food is available. Wifi is also available the signal doesn't quite stretch to your room but works in the communal areas. The room was only just about clean enough, defiantly not sparkling though. They provide you with toilet roll a tooth brush, soap an toothpaste which was a nice touch.

If you're looking for a budget option in Agra, look no further but pay less than we did. We found it hard to get a rickshaw from outside the hotel but i was told there was a taxi rank near by. If you're here to visit the Taj then pay more and stay near the Taj.

This hotel is a 45mins and minimum 150 Rupees Rickshaw ride from Agra Cantt Rail Station in an auto Rickshaw. - getting this price may take some aggressive haggling as Agra is tourist rip off central. The hotel may be closer to the other train stations in Agra, I'm not sure but it might be worth checking before choosing.

Our hotel manager told us it was 70-80 rupees and about 7km to the Taj Mahal from here. With then help of the hotel staff we payed 130 rupees and it took 30 to 40mins to get to the Taj. The staff here are very friendly (especially the older guy who serves food - he was delightful and his smile and hospitality made our stay so much more enjoyable) and it has a nice atmosphere. The food is budget but tasty.

The couple who run the hotel are nice and did try their best to make sure we didn't get ripped off by rickshaws when leaving the hotel, sadly they were unsuccessful. We also had a bad experience as we were in Agra on a Friday, the one day of the week the Tajmahal is closed!!! Totally our fault though. The hotel manager gave us a 141 rupee discount from our bill as we didn't manage to see the Taj and he failed to tell us when we arrived the afternoon before that it would be closed the next day (if he had remembered we could have gone that afternoon).

Bottom line, it's an okay budget hotel, i feel we paid too much for it as it was out of tourist season and is no where near the Taj. If i were to stay in this hotel again there is no way i would pay more than 450 rupees, and judging by trip adviser's page that's how much you should be paying. 450 Rps as there is nothing of any interest near the hotel so you will have to pay for an extortionate rickshaw every time you leave and come back, which adds hundreds of rupees to your bill per day. The road it is on is a main road and felt very unsafe but then so did the whole of Agra, my wife and i witnessed two physical fights the fisrt day we were there and the tourist touts are seriously aggressive.. Everything costs more in Agra due to the Taj.

If I were to visit again I would not stay here, I would stay close to the Taj and I would leave ASAP, or better still visit the Taj and not stay in Agra at all - I didn't find it to be a very nice City. Most people are quite aggressive, we were stalked by Rickshaw drivers for over 30mins at the train station on the day we arrived who still wouldn't leave us alone after we repeatedly walked away from them and asked them to stop following us. It was very intimidating. My wife dresses very modestly even by Indian standards (we should know we spent our first month in India as the only foreigners working in a school in rural Gujurat), my wife wore only modest indian dress the whole time we were in Agra but this didn't stop men from being completely perverted and even riding up next to our cycle Rickshaw and hitting on her in totally degrading and intimidating ways. My presence seemed to make no difference.

If I were to do two things to improve this hotel
One: I would ensure the bed sheets were changed before guests arrived in the room, and make sure that the white sheets (whether clean or not) were not covered in various stains.
Two: I would hire a hotel driver. Who would still make a profit but only charge our hotel guests reasonable prices to ensure the guests do not get ripped off every time they leave. This could even be done by just creating a really good relationship with a local Rickshaw driver and asking guests to book the driver's services in advance.

If Dayal Lodge did both of these things I would have been satisfied with the price we paid.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pointsup
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I am Ashish Mali Comming from Ahmedabad and you all know how ahmedabad peoples love to eat tasty food even i also love. and i get superb service from here. i sugest you all to just once stay at here. good service on good price... home make food so u can eat everyday...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business