“Good views but ok food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Dinner, Seating
New Delhi, India
“Good views but ok food”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Shanti Lodge is a roof top restaurant just outside the south gate of Taj. It gives an amazing view of the taj so its a perfect place to sit and enjoy the views while sippin on tea coffee or even beer. The food on the other hand is not that great plus it took them an hour to prepare the food and bring it for us when there were only 3 other guests there. Wonder how much time they would take if it was full. Ill just rate it as average.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Agra, India
“View: Awesome. Food: Huge disappointment”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We were hoping to find a nice place to sit to view the Taj while we ate; looking at the menu, the food seemed a tad pricy but the view was unbeatable so we decided to have a go. We've been in India for about three months now, and the food here was actually the biggest disappointment for the whole trip. Each dish in the special thali that we ordered (200 rupees) was both extremely bland and incredibly sweet, as though they'd ran completely out of spices so just replaced it all with sugar. The paneer dish somehow tasted a little like Chinese takeout sweet and sour, and I probably would have actually enjoyed the malai kofta had it been handed to me as dessert. We actually had to ask for some green chilies to munch on to offset the sweetness: the server told us that they didn't have any in the whole restaurant which I think perhaps says it all. Definitely a place to avoid if you want to eat anything approaching correctly spiced Indian food.

Nice view though.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank rachelandbri
Kolkata
“Good Restaurant, but a bit Costly for me.”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The excellence of this restaurant lies in the view of the Taj MAhal from all of its tables. I only had tea, but the tea was the best I had in Agra. In fact I came back at tea time for the tea.

The other food items were a bit pricey for my wallet. However, a breakfast of milk and cornflakes that I took for my daughter was enough for a grown up man. So the portions for the money must be good.

The service was courteous and the staff were helpful. The best part, apart from the view, is that you can get breakfast right at 6 o'clock in the morning.

Visited December 2013
Agra, India
“awesome resturant”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

i liked restaurant of shanti lodge.nice view from the resturant of tajmahel must visit my friends. and very nicely maintained restaurant .

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Rohit R
Hobart, Australia
“Worth the struggle to find it”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We had our lunch here one Friday, because the Taj Mahal is closed on that day. It was cloudy but we were patient and we were rewarded with the stunning view we had hoped for.
Unlike some other posters, we enjoyed our meal and were pleased with the service provided by the waiters.
We also were impressed that there was a wifi hotspot here.
But I was disturbed when I visited the toilet. I suddenly did not need to go any longer.
This is a popular restaurant and I think the manager needs to supervise the cleaning of the toilets more closely.
Fortunately, I had enjoyed my food before I went to check out the loo.

• Visited January 2013