“Don't go !”

and 1 more site!
Sai Palace
Ranked #21 of 206 Agra B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were brought here by rickshaw driver. We took a room with AC that worked some hours in the day and broke down in the evening. We called the reception and the guys accused us of breaking it by touching temperature button (they set 19°C and didn't allow to change the temperature... and anyway we didn't touch anything). Furthermore the AC could not be switched off inside the room, we had to go outside to switch it on/off (lol ?). Then they proposed to put us in a room with air cooler but the air cooler was noisier than a jet engine so we refused and asked for a discount. We realised then that they overcharged us the room (in comparison with what shown on their website) and they didn't want to refund us the additional cost. First they lied saying that it was not the same room but then they confessed they charged us the rickshaw commission... After 20 min of bargaining they accepted to make us 150 INR discount for nonfunctional AC (we paid 1050 INR for 3 and the room without AC for 3 was 600 INR => lol ?).
Moreover they asked for paying at arrival so I suspect they cheat on guests
By the way there were also insects crawling on the floor and sheets not really clean...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is great if you are looking for cheap accommodation near to the Taj Mahal. It is in the budget area of Agra so the surrounding area isn't particularly nice but there are great cheap restaurants and you can walk everywhere.

Our sheets were washed, but stained in some places and the pillows were hard but the room was otherwise clean. There are western style toilets but it's bring your own toilet paper!

There is a nice rooftop seating area where you can chill without any pressure to buy anything from the restaurant.

Staff were friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

First of all I want to put out there that I'm not one of these people that would nit pick at a place where I've stayed. I wasn't impressed with my stay at the Sai Palace. I understand that you get what you pay for but it doesn't excuse a hotel to provide you with absolutely filthy bed sheets. That was my main issue. The other thing was that there was only one plug socket in the room, this being as high up as my head. This meant that I had to charge my phone whilst holding it in my hand. The socket was loose which resulted in my phone being pulled out of my hands and smashing on the floor - smashing your phone in India is not ideal. I know this probably wouldn't happen to anyone else but the plug sockets being high up the wall was a major inconvenience for everything really.

On a positive note the hotel was in a good location and the staff were quite friendly. The restaurant on the top served food which was okay.

I wouldn't particularly recommend or not recommend Sai Palace. For a night it was okay but my general experience there was poor. I'd personally say spend a few pounds more and stay somewhere a little bit more comfortable.

Room Tip: Definitely pay for the superior room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren C
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Always book the top Taj view room, its a terrace room.....even the other rooms are really good. Interiors are lovely, staff very courteous, good food......very close to Taj.....it is a budget hotel but experience is awesome

Room Tip: The Top room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel was in excellent location, bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean, service and wifi was good. AC went out a lot and food in hotel was bland. The rickshaw drivers outside the hotel were aggressive and the one we ended up using on the way out tried to scam us multiple times. Walk out to get another driver.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Run by Sai Baba devotees, Sai Palace is a reasonable place to stay in Agra. It's quite close to the south gate and from the rooftop restaurant there's a good view of the Taj Mahal. We had room number 15 on the top floor, which - incredulously - sports a view of the Taj even from the toilet seat! The restaurant food was quite alright, but if you don't want to dine in house, there are plenty of other options nearby.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 27 May 2014

"Sai Palace" in Agra (India) is cheap, but clean. It is situated near Taj Mahal and have a good reastaraunt on the roof with Taj Mahal view. But know, that South Gate, where the hotel is situated, are open only from 9 a.m. (at dawn only West and East Gates are open).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo