“Ignore the bad reviews! This is very well run organisation.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
India Travels - Day Tours
Ranked #121 of 228 Tours in Agra
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Ignore the bad reviews! This is very well run organisation.”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

As a young girl travelling alone in India I was apprehensive about the tour to Agra but this company were brilliant. They picked me up at my door at 5 30 and took me to the train station. They literally walked me onto the train to where my seat was to make sure I was OK. When I arrived in Agra before I even got off the train I could see a man with my name on a placard who introduced me to my tour guide and driver.
They took me to the Taj, Agra Fort and another place off in the countryside and the tour guide was brilliant. He really made the history of the place come alive.
The hotel where you are taken for lunch is gorgeous with great food and great air conditioning.
They do take you to workshops to see how things are made and you can buy them if you want but they don't put pressure on you. The tour guides let you take as long as you like at each attraction and you have plenty of time in the day to take it all in.

One day is enough in Agra. Get to Jaipur. It has a lot more going on in it.
So at the end of the day they drove me to the train station and waited with me until the train came even though it was late. When I got back off the train in Delhi my taxi driver was waiting to take me home.
It was seemless and brilliant and a reasonable price for all inclusive. It was really relaxing having it all organised for you as well.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank hunter700

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Culture Holidays - India”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I would really recommend Culture Holidays for those who want to visit India.
Overall experience was great!

My boyfriend and I only had 2 days vacation in India, but we we're able to visit lots of interesting places in Delhi and Agra.
Our tour guides and drivers were all friendly, kind, and informative.
We had a customized tour, and I'm very happy that all my specific requests were arranged accordingly.
I specifically choose the places that I want to visit in Delhi, and I also request for same day Taj Mahal tour.

Delhi tour was fun and interesting.
It was quite tiring, yet we learned a lot of things about India's culture and history.

Agra tour was exciting and unforgettable.
We have seen Taj Mahal in its magnificent view in the morning, and we arranged also for moonlight view. The moonlight view of the Taj Mahal was magical and splendid!

If you want to visit India, I recommed that you plan for at least 1 week vacation or more. Because for the 2 days vacation that we had, I can say it was not enough. But indeed, I really enjoyed my short vacation there. I hope we had stayed longer to see more interesting places. Because India is truly a wonderful place.

We're very thankful to Culture Holidays for helping us to have a memorable India tour.
Thank you so much for all the staff who helped us plan our trip. From booking/arrangments until the end of the tour, Culture Holidays provided a professional and great service.
The entire journey was comfortable and easy.

I would definitely book my tour again with Culture Holidays on my next trip.

(Visited October 2012)

Visited October 2012
3 Thank 8_i_love_to_travel_8
Tokyo, Japan
“They saved me in Indian travel”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I went to Agra at August 2012, and was planning to go to Varanasi without valid ticket. Although I tried to get ticket, no ticket was available. Mr Dinesh Kumar, I met him accidentally in Agra, kindly supported me and he found the route to Varanasi. He can speak Japanese (and French, he said) quite fluently, it was very hellpful for me. Also, He arranged for me the pick up and drop service and the tours in Agra, Varanasi and New Delhi. All of the service were quite good and satisfactory. I was able to enjoy the travel in India, many thanks to him and his colleagues.

Visited August 2012
Belmont, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Agra, Jaipur and New Delhi day tours with www.indiatraveltours.com”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I took 4 tours with Mr Dinesh Kumar's agency personally and here are my reviews:

Agra Day Trip: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri - November 2011 -> my friend and I booked the Agra tour by train. We were supposed to be picked up at the airport in New Delhi and taken to the train station to catch the 6am train to Agra, however our flight to New Delhi was delayed and the train to Agra was overbooked, so we had the driver drive us to Agra. We had an awesome tour guide and everything ended up great.

Delhi Sightseeing Tour - November 2011 -> this tour was horrible with an awful tour guide who barely spoke to us. Even though the web site references a bunch of sights to be seen, we were not shown Qutub Minar, Hamayun's Tomb, we didn't get lunch as promised, we only drove by Red Fort and Jama Masjid and did not have the opportunity to take a rickshaw ride to Old Delhi. The tour lasted 4 hours and not 8, and we were told we didn't have enough time for the rest.

Jaipur Day Trip - November 2011 -> I did this tour solo as my friend needed to return to Pune for work, but due to the agency's 2 person minimum requirement, I had to pay for two people. My tour guide in Jaipur was not that great, he was rushing through the sights, didn't let me take the elephant ride up to Amber Fort (said we didn't have time even though that was the first thing we went to see). I spent 10 hours going to Jaipur and back to Delhi and the tour was 3 hrs max.

Agra Day Trip: Taj Mahal and Agra Fort - April 2012 -> My husband came to visit me in India and I went back to Agra with him (nobody should visit India without seeing the magnificent Taj Mahal!). This time we didn't have time to see Fatehpur Sikri because we arrived to Delhi late, but the tour guide we had this time refused to take us to Agra Fort even though it was 5pm when we finished seeing Taj Mahal. The tour guide said Agra Fort closes at 5pm, which was a lie. He also took us to a crappy Indian restaurant for lunch and not to the Taj View Hotel. I had to argue with him and threaten that I won't pay. Then we were taken to Agra Fort and everything turned out okay.

What I recommend when using www.indiatraveltours.com is to have an email confirmation from Dinesh printed out and if things don't go according to the plan, start arguing.

I recommended www.indiatraveltours.com to many friends and colleagues and they all had similar experiences. The trips are not cheap, but the positive thing about them is that you have your own tour guide. Fingers crossed he's good.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank vatai76
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A day and a night at Agra as part of a week's tour of the Golden Triangle”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We found our visit to Agra to be the highlight of our first weeks holiday in India. The Taj Mahal is stunning. Our driver 'OP' was excellent so was the tour guide for this location. However we can see through any attempts at textiles salesmanship! You need a minimum of 3 hours to do justice to this monument. We did not use any other facilites at the Taj Mahal. As for fees, these were included in our original booking so paid for and reclaimed by the guide. The Fort is a powerful monument to India's History. The hotel we stayed at was excellent although it was a five minute walk from reception to our room!
We'd recommend this tour operator without hesitation for his planning and organisation. Thank you Dinesh.

Visited March 2012