“horrible hotel”
Review of Pyrenees Homestay

Pyrenees Homestay
Ranked #15 of 205 Agra B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I am stay at pyrenees home stay. this is a horrible . Lost of noise that place . And all round nice place stay. The staff was. frindy . Hotel owner Mr kamal he look very friendly .but he always trying to sale you high price . He agreement tuk Tuk for me local sightseeing in Agra . Hotel onwer say me he is friend he show you Agra . Tuk tuk drive trying to sale me high price . I was alone with him he taking with me about sex . I told him I don't like it talk like this with me .but he don't stop and he try to kiss me . Don't go this hotel is not save place to stay . Don't every go his hotel any woman . Don't trust the staff .

7  Thank kalleyclark
kamal297683, Owner at Pyrenees Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest

Greetings from the Pyrenees home stay in Agra

We are sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience in certain areas of your stay with us, Your comments have been forwarded to the concerned people and we shall look into the matter at the earliest.
u write about staff friendly as well u say don't truest staff?what u mean?i think u peoples r sick your self where ever u go every thing finding suspicious as well very meen pay less excepting five star service.if tuk tuk driver trying to talk u about sex !your duty to informed us! before u leave our place!!!!! there so many guest write about tuk tuk driver service as well what they behave to the our guest.
sorry!!!!!!!!!!!

There are newer reviews for Pyrenees Homestay

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I did not expect much from this place at first, but was pleasantly surprise when I got there. This place was in a quiet and gated community. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable that I'd slept in, in my months of travel. There was also a dinning roof top area, that provided a distant view of the Taj Mahal during sunset. The Taj Mahal is also only a 15 minutes walk from it. All in all, I enjoyed my stay at Pyrenees Homestay. It was a little piece of paradise for a price that you would not expect. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Pyrenees home stay!!!!
We are truly thankful to you for taking the time to post such a positive review and for your recommendation. The staff, in their spirit to serve are delighted with this feedback. We are glad you had a memorable trip and do hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Warm Regards,
kamal

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The only good thing lacation is fine very short here was horrible it is really noisy this palace and staff behavior is far bellow poor a.c don't work but you pay for it they demand payement in advance right when you cheek in food was over price my bathroom was not clean I say the guy my bathroom was not clean he say me we don't clean boy now

3  Thank karenak36
pyreneeshomestay, Owner at Pyrenees Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2015

Dear Valued Guest
it was a pleasure to have you stay at Pyrenees home stay, . Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor . I am glad to know that we lived up to your expectation,
should keep in your mind how much u pay..
should change poor thought's,
.You r our guest and i will suggest you when you r travelling abroad specially budget travelling try to cope up with the condition and take the help of localities rather complain and cry it destroys your travelling as well your relationship with your host this is what we are out of our home country to learn and enjoy go to different country otherwise pl do not leave your home town its always will give you some UN homely challenges and unfamiliar faces ... all the best take care ....your true host KAMAL ALWAYS HERE TO HELP YOU.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay, great value for money, simple clean room.
The owner very friendly and helpful..my train ticket was cancelled and he helped me to find solution.
They hv rooftop restaurant and food was good with reasonable price.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Pyrenees home stay!!!!

Warm Regards,
kamal

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

The owner and staff were very friendly and would cater to our everyday needs. They offer auto rickshaw service and the driver would take us anywhere in or near Agra.
The rooms were neatly furnished and came with a mosquito repelling incense. Indian and other Asians foods were also served at the rooftop terrace for a great price.
I would love to come again!

• Stayed: May 2014
kamal297683, Owner at Pyrenees Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at The Pyrenees homestay.

We are very happy to know that you had a memorable stay and your kind feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Pyrenees home stay!!!.
kamal verma

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Getting the only 2 negatives out of the way, the room was tiny, just a small gap either side of the bed and the tap water was sandy.
We only stayed in agra 1 night to see the taj, the room was clean, it had hot water and big bed. The owner was really friendly and helpful, they offered use of their phone and laptop when it was clear we were having probs with our own. The food was good and cheap.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your review on this forum. I am delighted to learn that you had a good stay with us, we have noted your feedback and will take corrective measures. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our home stay.
best regards
kamal verma

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Both room and restaurant were cheap and decent but a couple of issues mean we wouldn't stay there again

Privacy was a significant issue. We discovered the shower/toilet area in our room was clearly visible from the communal stairwell to the restaurant through the ventilation window. We stuffed a towel up there for the rest of our stay, but my girlfriend and I were on display for the first night. The hotel manager's response to this was unimpressive, basically "people aren't allowed to look, we're very strict on that". When pushed on the issue he committed to putting up a privacy curtain on the window. Check your room if you stay here, they seemed to have no appreciation for the seriousness of the issue.

The hotel sits in the suburbs - a significant walk (or repeated auto rides) was needed to get to Taj and other sites. The hotel writeup says 15 minute walk but that's not correct - it's 30 minutes minimum.
Very limited choice of restaurants in the area. Hotel restaurant was fine - decent food at reasonable prices.

Had issues on checkout. We booked an 'all-incusive' room via Hostelbookers. On arrival the hotel said that had been advertised by mistake (they've since corrected their advertisement) and gave us a cheaper room. On checkout we were expected to pay the full bill for the cheaper room and also pay the Hostelbookers 10% upfront charge, this would have left us out of pocket for their mistake. The HostelBookers charge is a pre-payment of some of the bill, not a booking fee payed by the guest.

Wifi was only available on lower two (of four) floors

The manager/owner was clearly sensitive about getting poor reviews, and each issue was met with many apologies. Unfortunately there was no follow through or belief behind the apologies, just a need to make the immediate problem go away.

Room Tip: Check your privacy. Some bathrooms are clearly visible from common areas through ventilation screens
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank worldmeander

Dear Valued Guest
should keep in your mind how much u pay..