“Clean friendly family run home stay”
Review of N.Homestay

N.Homestay
Ranked #6 of 206 Agra B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 May 2012

From the start Shiron and his mother were very helpful and made us feel very welcome when we arrived. The house is in an ideal location for visiting the Taj Mahal. There are some very good restaurants within walking distance and the breakfast omelette was delicious. If you're looking for a clean, well run and very reasonably priced stay whilst visiting the taj mahal this is perfect and makes a nice change from staying in a hotel.
I would highly recommend this guest house.

3  Thank d_hay1234

Reviewed 4 May 2012

We made a two day trip to agra , and decided to stay at this bed and breakfast due to the wonderful reviews it received. We were not disappointed. shiron was such a wonderful host, it felt more like staying at a friend's than a bed and breakfast. He gave us a quick overview of the sights in agra and directions for walking from his house. We had full access to the Roof top, drawing room , and to the dining room for breakfast, . He provided a parking spot in front of his house. Everything we would want!

IF you need anything just ask them they will arrange it for you

Breakfast deserves a special mention.we already requested the indian breakfast, mrs haider cooked stuffed paratha, with curd and pickle, it was awesome i never had this good indian food

We stayed on second floor, the rooms was were very big,cozy and clean,

In short, we wish there were a B and B like this in every city we visit! We absolutely recommend it, and you can't go wrong staying here!

3  Thank aaron r
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My sister and I stayed here a couple of weeks and really loved it! My sister had stayed here once before and assured me that I would love the family. And I did. The Haider family are so welcoming, friendly and open to having you in their home. The rooms are clean with ac and en suites and there's wifi too. Dinner was just lovely with plenty of food!
I could easily have spent a few days just hanging out with the family, they're great. And Shiron even does tarot cards readings.
Lovely, funny and friendly people! Apart from the Taj Mahal, they're my highlight of Agra.
Thanks! And next time Phoebe and I are in India, we'll be sure to visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank JemBell
Reviewed 3 May 2012

A homely homestay with a friendly family who make you feel like you're part of the family.

LOCATION: The homestay is in a residential area, in a quiet street. Our driver struggled to find it as he was used to going to large hotels, however after calling the homestay he soon found his way with their great directions.

TYPE OF ROOM: Our room had a very large bed, and own bathroom. The room was spacious, with good AC and was nice and quiet.
RPS 1399 per night for AC room, breakfast was included but was quite basic. For the price though you cant beat it.

BATHROOM/SHOWER: The bathroom was open with the shower not separate from the toilet etc, so if you have anything in the bathroom its going to get wet.
The shower pressure was ok but not great.

CLEANLINESS: The room was very clean and spacious.

CLOSET SPACE: There wasn’t a closet in our room, however there was plenty of space in the room itself for our bags and cases.

TV/INTERNET: There was no TV in the room, however there was free wi-fi.

SERVICE: The family are very friendly, and happy to help with any queries.
It really does feel like you’ve gone to stay at a friends house when you stay at nhomestay, you feel like part of the family.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor and apparently has the largest bed.
Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gounta
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Pros:
Very helpful and friendly host. Our initial correspondence with Shiron through email was very good with prompt replies to all our questions.
We arrived from Delhi to Agra at about 9:50 PM and Shiron arranged a cab to pick us up (Rs.200 for pick up). We picked up some food on the way in a nearby restaurant.
Just as the name suggests, it’s a home and they have few rooms in the first floor which they rent out. First impressions - "nice house"!
The room was of a very good size and had basic facilities. Double bed, chairs, table, wardrobes, A/C and bathroom
Shiron provided us with plates and spoons so we could eat our takeaway dinner. There was also a common water cooler with clean drinking water in a kitchen next to the room.
Being in Agra, we of course wanted to visit the Taj Mahal and wanted to head to either Mathura or Fatehpur sikri and Agra fort. Shiron was very helpful and gave us suggestion on which itinerary would work best and the time it would take us to visit each of the sites.
We booked the same cab which came to pick us up in the station for a whole day of sightseeing (Taj Mahal, Fatehpur sikri and Agra fort - drop at Agra railway station by 5PM)
Shiron's mother prepared excellent paratha's for breakfast the next day and she was very friendly.

Cons:
While their service was excellent, we thought the room was a letdown. We arrived late night and there was no tissue, soap, bucket or mug in the bathroom. Other hotels/B&B's in touristy places offered all of these (even in guesthouses which was cheaper than this)
Wardrobes were dirty.
Bed linens weren’t clean and we given 2 single bed sheets.
I think the overall maintenance of the room and bathroom could have been better and they could have taken more care to see that basic items were available in the bathroom at the time of check-in.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank capri_kra
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The great service began with the prompt email replies. Once the room arrangement was made, I mention my plan to arrive by car, to which Shiron suggested he would be able to arrange a pickup, which was at the airport on time, with a sign with me name.
The first person I met was Naghda, at 05:00 in the morning, who welcomed me with a smile and a cup of tea before I set off to see the Taj Mahal. Back at the Homestay later, I had some breakfast and engaged into some nice conversation with some other guests and with the family... Frankly, I could see myself hanging out with this family on a regular basis, they are just so pleasant and funny :-) . I greatly enjoyed the company of Naghda's little sister who just happen to be visiting.
The house is nice and big, though during my short stay I did not wonder around too much. My room was on the second floor and it was very clean. The location is at the end of a dead end street so there is no traffic and it's quite residential. Again, the best part of staying here is the family... they were the first I stayed with in a series of homestays during my time in India, and definitely one of the best... Very genuine, and professional... They do care about providing a good experience all around, and they take it very seriously that the service providers they recommend follow through at the same expectation. Thank you all for a great, albeit short, stay :-)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank eurasian73
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We couldn't have asked for a better homestay in Agra. Shiron and his family made us feel instantly at home. Shiron's mom, in particular, loves to entertain, cook and make her guests feel comfortable. I can still taste her amazing food and pickles! Shiron arranged for a car to pick us up from Jaipur and bring back to Agra and made sure we knew our directions before taking off the next morning to see Taj Mahal, which was a beautiful 15 minute walk if you leave at about 6am. The homestay also has a guest waiting room where you can park your belongings till your room is ready. They have a fridge on the first floor with all the pop and water you can ask for all priced as per retail (not priced at a premium like in hotels). Had an amazing time with them and would recommend it to anyone looking for a homely experience in Agra.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room facing the front of the house. It had a spacious balcony. You can try asking f...
1  Thank trevellingbee