“Friendly homestay, great driver”
Review of N.Homestay

and 1 more site!
N.Homestay
Ranked #6 of 201 Agra B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Friendly homestay, great driver”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at NHomestay for 2 nights in February. I thought the Homestay itself was pretty decent, although I didn't really spend much time there — like most people I got up at dawn for Taj and then was out and about for most of the day viewing other Agra stuff. What really made my experience was Nhomestay's TukTuk driver Mukul. He is a young guy with a ton of energy and a brilliantly wacky sense of humour that I found very entertaining. I really recommend his taxi tour — it's a good deal and you're in great company with Mukul.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 April 2014

In 2013 my girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 days and it was one of the most comfortable 3 days of our stay in India. The family who runs this homestay are courteous, kind and caring and the mother is a fantastic cook. If anyone is planning on going to Agra I highly recommend booking your stay here!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Zach S
Hamburg
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I loved to stay there. Shiron gave us recommendations how to get around and where to get the best food in town. Their lunch provided was great. I felt valued and to get a feeling of Indian family life. Definitely a worth place to stay, I would go again right away!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank clickclackbangbang
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I planned with my friends to visit Agra on Easter holidays. That time I stayed in this homestay. First of all, it has a very peaceful location and near to Taj. The family gave us warm welcome. They were very much helpful and guided us the way to Taj. The best in the homestay was the home cooked mughalai food. The taste of biryani was the best I ever tasted. The bed was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed a sound sleep. It was a perfect refreshing weekend plan. I would recommend the homestay to persons who visit Agra.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 929sajids
Sittard
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed in February 2014 for one night and left in the evening, during the day it was nog problem tot stay in the home stay waiting for the train.

The family was extremely friendly and very helpful, would definitely recommend to everyone !

Room was basic, but very clean.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Yens_NL
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Chances are your apprehension of staying at a homestay is because you won’t get the privacy and autonomy you normally get at a hotel? Well, at N Homestay you have no need to worry, because Shiron and his family and staff are there if you need them, but they couldn’t give you more space if it was a Maharaja Palace.

Most reviews will read that the rooms and the breakfast are ‘basic’. To this we will say that the rooms could be described as basic, but they are also very clean. If you want 5* luxury for under 2000 Rupees-a-night, go look elsewhere. And good luck!

With regard to the breakfast, again, for the price, be grateful you’re getting one. Especially as you will receive probably the best omelette you’ve ever tasted (Or, if it was written in the Lonely Planet, “the best omelette in Agra and possibly the whole of India!”), along with toast, butter and marmalade!

The Lonely Planet says that “you'll rarely break through the cultural surface with such ease”, which couldn’t be more truthful. We were lucky to be the only guests at N Homestay for our 2-night stay and had some great, open conversations over breakfast with Shiron and his mother about all sorts of issues and topics. We missed them and the place when we left.

If you’re lucky, you’ll also be able to spend time with Mukul and his rickshaw for a day’s tour. He only works with N Homestay and he’s a great, honest guy with a big heart.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nickelen
manchester uk
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at N.Homestay for two nights in February 2014. We were given a very friendly welcome by Shiron and his family. The family had a very laid back and relaxed approach that made us feel instantly at home and we enjoyed some very tasty home cooked food.

Accommodation was fairly basic but clean and comfortable with a good hot shower. Good location and a pleasant quiet spot away from the mayhem of Agra. Would recommend this place,

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple