“Nice hotel@ good location”

Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate
Ranked #10 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Good clean rooms with awesome breakfast. Staff was courteous and hotel knows how to treat elite members. I would recommend this hotel if you are planning to visit Taj Mahal.

At the time of my visit, hotel battery shuttle to Taj Mahal had some issue and hotel managed to get a car for me and my family on a short notice. Also, duty manager sent a car to pick us up on right time.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank PiyushPatidar
HVohra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Radisson Blu, Agra!

Thank you for your excellent review. The team is excited looking at your fantastic feedback & I am sure this will motivate them further to deliver high levels of guest satisfaction.

Thank you once again. It will be our distinct privilege to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

It's a Radisson, so you know that it will be of a corporate style and standard. And there were some nice touches, like the snake "sculpture" made from a towel sitting on my bed. And the breakfast buffet was surprisingly good. In fairness, it is dealing with coachloads of tourists and I suspect that it deals with that conveyor belt very well indeed and again, on the basis that it's dealing with tourists, it has lots of "sideshows" like the palm reader outside one of the restaurants and the strange character who insisted on engaging with (and bothering) everyone in the restaurant.
If all you want is a safe and clean bed close to the Taj Mahal, then its ideal, and its a short walk away which takes you past stalls and souvenirs. But otherwise - not impressed.

Room Tip: They upgraded us to the club floor (because they had booked out the room type that we had booked). H...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda M

Greetings from the Radisson Blu, Agra!

Thank you for the appreciative comments about our team and our hotel. We are glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our product and services. Your generous comments will encourage us to do better.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed for a day at this 5 star property in Agra. Radisson lives up to its standards. The hotel is not located at a great location but once u get inside you never feel that you are in Agra. The restaurants are quite a few(three if i remember correctly) with good spread. Try out the Dawat-e-Nawab for Dinner its money well spent. The spread is mind blowing. never could experience the hotel due to our schedule, but nevertheless an excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: Try not to take a room facing the east, overlooking a shanty residential colony, its an eyesore in t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
HVohra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a lovely stylish and modern hotel belonging to the Radisson group of hotels. The building looks very new and has an opulent lobby. It is the type of place you would be proud to have a business meeting or entertain some guests.

It is located in a quiet part of Agra and away from the hustle and bustle of the streets but close enough to get there quickly in a taxi. Perfect location for touring the Taj Mahal and also Agra Fort.

The bedroom was large and luxurious and the bed was extremely comfortable. It’s the type of place one would like to stay for 2 weeks if you have the time available. The bathroom is also luxurious and has an amazing rainwater shower.

The pool is a perfect size and was empty when I went there in the morning.

I was given room 448 which is a lovely standard room. On the downside the electric sockets are old fashioned and not suitable for EU plugs so I was lucky I always travel with adaptors. Also there was dampness on one of the walls of the room together with mold & fungus growth. The hotel needs to do something to about it as it does not look nice to guests such as myself.

I am a Club Carlson member and I stayed the previous night at the Radisson Indore. The Duty Manager at Radisson Indore made contact with Radisson Agra to let them know I would be coming the next night to Radisson Agra and to make sure to welcome me. However when I arrived there was no welcome at all or prior knowledge that I was coming. Also there was no recognition of me being a Carlson member.

I took a comfortable taxi from Agra to New Delhi which I booked directly with a taxi company in Agra city. The journey from Agra to Delhi took us almost 4 hrs. I paid 4000 INR instead of 8500 INR if booked through the hotel.

On the plus side, the day I left I spoke to the assistant manager called Heena Sharma who was friendly and helpful and even carried my bags to the car when I checked out. As a result of Heena Sharma I am giving the hotel a 5 star rating.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rm1003

Dear Valued Guest,

At the outset I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Radisson Blu, Agra. It’s a pleasure to have your valuable feedback and thank you for appreciating our product and services. We will definitely keep up the hold that we have achieved and will surely put in every possible effort’s to make it even more enjoyable for our guests.

It is feedbacks like the one given by you that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver superlative guest experiences. I have made a note of your comments with regards to the wall in the room, please rest assured this has been taken up with the concerned department and corrective action has been taken.

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Agra at Radisson Blu.

Assuring you of our best services each and every time you visit us.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The Radisson was a great place to stay. Wonderful service, from the doorman, checkin counter, housekeeping and wait staff. We truly enjoyed our time at your hotel. Wish we had had more time to enjoy some of the amentities.

Room Tip: Wish you had a tip box. It would make sharing our appreciation so much easier.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank James W
HVohra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Radisson Blu, Agra!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hotel away from hustle bustle of city and very near the Taj ,new hotel ,very clean and trim ,food good ,prices ok. room service prompt .staff smiles .I think we don't need more than this .car was washed and cleaned during the night ,breakfast was very lavish, serving staff was very decent .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sethvarun8

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stood in a suite. Despite arriving only after midnight the room was obvioulsy not ready. The amenities in the bath room were not complete, towels were not complete, the mini bar was not stocked up. Being hungry and thirsty after an almost 12 hours trip I went to the 24 hours !! coffee shop only to be advised to order through room service. Then there was an internal argument of who would be in charge to bring us the drinks (see mini bar).

The breakfast selection is poor for a 5 star hotel catering for lots of foreign tourists, I did not bother to go again the next day.

The rooms are very nice and the location is good. We also enjoyed the BBQ at the pool site.

All in all however I must admit that I expected more from a Radisson Hotel, having visitied several other hotels of the chain previously. It also does not match the standard of other 5 star hotels we stood at in Kolkata and Bhubaneshwar.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tom1408

Dear Mr. Thomas,

At the outset I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Radisson Blu, Agra.

It is with great concern I have made a note of your rating on overall satisfaction and quality of services at the hotel. We do take great care that our esteemed guest don't face any inconvenience, so on this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met, and we have not succeeded in meeting your expectations.

I have made a note of your comment on the minibar items not stocked and the towels not replenished, please accept my apologies for the same, this has been taken up most strongly with the concerned department head and necessary amends have been made to avoid the reoccurrence of such incident.

This is something that we try to avoid but, obviously, we sometimes fall short of the mark despite all our best efforts in satisfying the needs of every Guest. It is clear that we dropped the ball, so to speak, when taking care of your needs. This shows me that we have an area where further training is required for the staff in providing our Guests with better service. Your situation is not something that happens on a regular basis and it was not handled as it should have been.

I sincerely hope that you will treat this incident in isolation and it will not deter you from using us again.

Thank you once again, for your valuable time and consideration. Assuring you of the best of attention and service at all times.