“good experience”

Ranked #8 of 145 Hotels in Agra
New Delhi, India
“good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

stayed here for 2 nights with family..... Had a great experience. The staff was very friendly and the hotel has a very good restaurant. The reception is very big and it gives you a feel of large hotel. The pool is good and the rooms are spacious. I would recommend this hotel....

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally good
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 438Akshat
HVohra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Radisson Blu, Agra recently. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our product and services. Your generous comments will encourage us to do better. Thank you for the appreciative comments about our team and our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Agra!

Harpreet Vohra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed for one night last weekend. My son and I checked in alone and decided to have lunch while we waited for my fiance to finish his business meeting. We were seated quickly in the main restaraunt. We were given menues and ordered a bottle of water which was brought quickly by the waiter who filled our glasses. After he dissapered I realised the glass he gave me had a massive chip in it and was not safe to drink from. We had decided on what we wanted and were looking around for attention. The waiting staff were standing in groups talking and ignoring us or clearing plates from other tables and purposefully avoiding eye contact with me. Eventually after 15 minutes wait AFTER we had read menues and decided what we wanted I had to get up from my seat and go and ask a waiter to please take my order. If the restaraunt had been busy this would have been quite acceptable but it wasnt even half occupied. When the waiter came I asked him to replace my glass of water he came back with an empty glass which meant I had to order and pay for MORE water through no fault of my own. This really annoyed me. My son and I ordered a ckub sandwhich to share as from previous experience in other hotels club sandwhiches are usually much to large for us to have one each. This was not the case here, the club is unusually small. It was satisfactory taste wise but we have had much much better in other restaurants. The sous chef had observed everything that had happened from the moment we were seated and so he came to our table and graciously offered his appologies and as compensation for the inadequacy of the waiting staff he asked that we accept a desert plate that he specially prepared. It was delicious. If it was not for your wonderful sous chef I would have left your restaraunt very very unhappy .... and probably still hungry too. Please retrain your lunch time restaraunt staff to the standard of the breakfast time staff who by the way were amazing and so very helpful. The breakfast is fine. It has a good choice for international guests with nice food, but not to the standard of other branded hotels in India. The buffet in the evening was also fine, good choice nice food but again not to the standard of other branded hotels in India.
Our room was very very nice it was immaculately clean, the fixtures and fittings excellent quality, the bathroom pleasant with a spacious, waterfall effect shower and the beds were so very very comfartable. Excellent!
The pool was good, it was clean and the pool side staff were so attentive and very well trained. However the constant apperance of pigeons at the pool and having to endure them drinking from the pool while we swam was a turn off. I have an extreme fear of birds and so for me this was a nightmare as well as a hygiene risk. I implore you to correct this in an otherwise pleasant pool side experience. Also extending pool side bar opening hours would be great, as when we went to have a quick night cap after dinner we were disappointed to find it closed at 8pm???!!!
The gym is well maintained with good quality equipment. The kids room is also a nice touch but maybe organising some off season weekend activities for children such as a childrens disco or movie night might be more beneficial to guests.
The location is excellent for visiting the Taj Mahal. We had the hotel organise a tour guide for us who was fantastic, his english was excellent, he could also speak french and he was so interesting to listen to and answered all our questions with patience. He also did not seem to mind at all that we requested him to meet us for a 6am tour because we wanted to beat the crowds and also the heat. We would highly recommend him.
The hotel itself is very nice, welcoming tastefully decorated lobby and a mostly attentive team of staff however checkout should be speedier, please do correct the system which is painstakingly slow.
We would definitely recommend this hotel even with the minor complaints we had and we would definitely stay here again if we have a return visit to Agra with guests from home. Enjoyable!

Room Tip: Second floor is great if you have children for convenience of the pool, gym, spa and kids room all o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HVohra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Our endeavour is to offer excellent accommodation, food and prompt service to all our guests and my team and I feel privileged that you have considered writing this review. I have made a note of your comments with regards to service in the restaurant during lunch and pigeon issue at the pool side. Rest assured, this has been taken up with the concerned department head and necessary amends put in place to avoid recurrence of such lapses.

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Radisson Blu , your home in Agra.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a great hotel, definitely of sufficent standard to be worth the money (at £50/night). Good spa (around 2000 ruppees for a treatment), great pool open until 10pm and food was of a high standard. True that the extras aren't as cheap as they would be in non-chain hotels, but equally they are much cheaper than in a similar hotel in Europe. Breakfast included, wifi fast and free and great service. Taxi from train station was 500 rupees. Rooms fitted to a very high standard and were immaculately clean. Location ideal relative to the fort, station and Taj. Recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

The team is excited looking at your fantastic feedback and I am sure this will motivate them further to deliver high levels of guest satisfaction. Thank you for your excellent review.

It will be our distinct privilege to serve you in the future.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here only one night to see Taj Mahal. This new hotel is very close to Taj Mahal, could even walk. The arrival lobby is elegant. The room is spacious enough and modern. Good shower. Good wifi. The gym is small and has modern basic equipment. Pool and pool side are very good. There is a sauna, but it was not on the time I visited the gym. The breakfast was the best I have had in a hotel. Good quality and variety. Loved the aloo tamatar bhaji and pancakes. Staff is helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HVohra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate, responded to this review, 9 June 2014

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Fantastic stay, excellent buffet breakfast and nothing but the best of best service from the staff.
We had wanted some medicines and stuff for the kid and that was arranged in the night. Talk about customer joy. Any time coming to Agra, this is the place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

It will be our distinct privilege to serve you in the future.

New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Its a bad stain mark on hospitality services...Mannerless people . customer service was just terrible. I have been to several hotels with my family but this Experience was just not up to the mark. front office executives , manager at the pool, duty manager everyone doesn't know how to oblige ,Egoistic and anything asked straight away disagree or deny. A guest is said to be represent of god but its was just not a comfortable stay. .If like the employees would be rude & egoistic so the hotel wont run too much.NO CUSTOMERIZED SERVICE ...

More over the experience was more worst when we checked in beside seeing the occupancy we were given twin sharing room where in it should be a king size bed.

i have to think twice to come to radisson blu agra and stay & might only recommend anyone else for future. .... stay on your own risk....

Room Tip: please provide rooms accordingly as being a family , we were given twin sharing room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank madhu1983rajput
Dear Valued guest,

It is with great concern I have made a note of your comments of not being able to provide a room of your choice. I would like to apologize for inconvenience caused to you upon check in. Please rest assured that we accommodate all prior requests that we receive for a specific bed type, it must be an oversight that my team missed on your request. We do take great care that our esteemed guest don't face any inconvenience, so on this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met, and we have not succeeded in meeting your expectations. I would urge you to give me some more specifications about your complaint so that I can ensure necessary amends are made and such incidents do not occur in the future.

I sincerely hope that you will treat this incident in isolation and it will not deter you from using us again.

Thank you once again, for your valuable time and consideration. Assuring you of the best of attention and service at all times.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed just a night but the staff went out of their way to make us comfortable including giving us a late late check out. Mr Charkraboty entertained us with his storied view of the Taj. The restaurant staff made an especial effort to accommodate my children's nut allergies, going so far as to make special mutton and paneer curries for them! That's the hallmark of Indian hospitality and I will not forget their generosity in a hurry. Very comfortable rooms, and the easy drive to the Taj makes this hotel a hidden gem.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Radisson Blu, Agra recently. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read such encouraging comments for the hotel and the team who are equally pleased with your feedback and join me in thanking you. The hotel is located very close to the iconic monument of Love- “Taj Mahal.” After a day of exploring historical sites, relax in the spa or outdoor pool and dine at one of the on-site hotel restaurants. You can rest in comfortable, spacious rooms with convenient amenities.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your return visit to Radisson Blu, your home in Agra.

Warmest Regards,