The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are excellent. Overall service was mediocre to bad.
- I booked a "package" through makemytrip.com that included evening lounge access but the hotel would not honor it. After 1 hour of discussion they finally conceded.
- I called for someone to help with the luggage and then had to call again twice. What took 30 mins should have taken 5.
- The pool guy told me that I could not go into the pool since I did not have proper swimming clothes on- and I did have swimming trunks on, except that the US ones are more decent and come upto the thighs so clearly he made a mistake but took a lot of convincing before he would admit it.
- Food was very very mediocre. 2-star food.
- We were taking photos beside the lounge at about 10 in the night when one of the hotel staff got up and started switching off the lights in that area - very inconsiderate. It could have waited 5 mins more.
I would have given it 2 stars but to be fair but nudged it up a star because
- Property is excellent
- Rooms are good
- Kids enjoyed it
- Access to Taj was great
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Agra has had an elaborate history of heartfelt hospitality. To give the perfect blend of modern feel and old generosity, Radisson Hotel Agra, Taj East Gate Road is dedicated to its brand. It is one of the world’s foremost complete service hotel companies owned by Carlson Hotels across the world. Radisson Hotels are devoted to bring advanced, superlative service along with product excellence enveloped in authentic warmth for all the travellers. Marvellously structured with chic & contemporary design, Radisson Hotel Agra, Taj East Gate Road is replete with all the grand services. Located in the heart of the business and leisure precincts, within walking distance to the Taj Mahal of 01 Km, it is perfect amalgamation of young and fresh elements in every bit of it. With contemporary architecture, warm hospitality and its convenient location, the hotel is sure to please both business and leisure traveller. It offers 141 well appointed rooms & suites. It understands the leisure of fine dining and to satiate the travellers, it has 6 F&B outlets including Latitude - the 24 hour coffee shop, Liquid Lounge - the bar, tea lounge, pool side bar, 24 hour in-room dining, club lounge services and recently launched Nawabi cuisine specialty restaurant - Daawat-E-Nawab. Radisson Hotel Agra also creates outstanding, unique events of relaxed elegance, style and perfection. Its meeting rooms provide more than 5,500 square feet of space ideal for corporate business meetings, board meetings, social events or private dinners for up to 500 guests along with 32000 sq. ft. clear space with beautiful landscape and separate entry and exit. A choice of contemporary or heritage styled rooms along with our new five-star meeting facilities makes the Radisson Hotel Agra Taj East Gate Road one of the leading hotels in Agra. It also has all the other facilities required for any traveller like Alive - The Spa, Alive - The Salon, Alive - The Health Club, Let’s Play - the kids’ room and swimming pool where one can connect with oneself. Experience revival through rest, relaxation and rejuvenation like never before at Radisson Hotel Agra, Taj East Gate Road. It offers courtesy transfer to Taj mahal on request and other concierge services like travel desk, boutiques, business centre, valet service, parking, laundry, doctor on call and foreign exchange. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.