If you're visiting as a tourist, don't even bother. Period.
1. As previous reviews suggested, it's out of the way from the main attractions of Agra.
2. Pre-arranged two simple requests. First - have transport available at the scheduled time for pick up at the train station. Second - have a bouquet of flowers ready in my room for my girlfriend, as it was Valentine's Day. Transportation was late (needed to call the hotel before the driver showed up). Flowers were NOT in the room as requested. The staff ended up putting them into my friend's room. How embarrassing is that to have to take it away from them and bring it back to my room? If you're in the hospitality industry, you would think that this request would be second nature.
3. We booked a driver to take us to the Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri. The price was ridiculously high. After making a few calls, they were willing to take the pricing down, but then they kept insisting that we would need to forego the included breakfast buffet (obviously to save costs on their end). We had to insist that we return for the buffet vs. a pre-packed breakfast; especially because the hotel was ON THE WAY from the Taj to Fatehpur Sikri.
4. There is no "hot water". If you stay here, get ready for lukewarm showers. Unfortunate, as the washrooms are otherwise very clean and modern.
5. Wi-fi is garbage if you don't have an Indian SIM Card. You'll need to go through a third party service where they SMS you a password to login. We needed the hotel staff to do that for us on their mobile, which took 2 staff members over a 1/2 hour to figure it out.
6. Room service. Don't get me started. Had to pay TWICE for it. I specifically asked if I could pay at check out and the staff said NO. When the food arrived, I handed the staff member money. I also asked him how the hotel would know that I had paid them. He told me to sign the receipt. I did. BIG MISTAKE. In India, if you sign a receipt, it means you AGREE TO PAY AT CHECK-OUT. Of course, having signed my receipt, the hotel staff treated the rupees as a fat tip, and insisted that I had not paid the following day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mango Hotels, Agra - Sikandra is a refreshingly-new budget business hotel in Agra offering zero-fat luxury at a very affordable price. Located prominently on National Highway-2, this smart bed and breakfast hotel warmly welcomes weary travelers to Agra as they drive in from Delhi and Jaipur en route to the Taj Mahal and other tourist spots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Vits Agra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.