“Accommodation and food poor staff helpful” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trident, Agra

Trident, Agra
Ranked #2 of 146 Hotels in Agra
dublin
“Accommodation and food poor staff helpful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

The Trident Oberoi was the last hotel we stayed in on a tour of rajahstan and was comfortably the worst. The room (179) was at best of three star quality. The bed space was small and the bathroom shower formed part of the bathroom. The shower curtain only came down to knee level with the result that the bathroom was flooded after a shower. I always thought that pool view meant you had a view of the pool not that everybody in the pool had a view of you. The buffet was not great-not a patch on the buffet in the Trident Udaipur. The serving staff and reception were very helpful and pleasant. I was glad we only had to spend a short time there.

Room Tip: If offered pool view ask for first floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank hond6
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, 30 November 2011

Thank you for posting your views on your recent visit to Trident, Agra.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused during your stay at Trident Agra. We have taken note of your feedback.

Vishal Bharti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
vilnius
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I would recomend this hotel because of really good value for money: this is not a real 5 star hotel but this is really nice, calm place with inough good service. This hotel has nice swimming pool, room are little tired but clean. I liked the brakfast buffet with many choise, of course the waiters were very slow and lazy - so be patient waiting for coffee , but this is indian style so relax... Of course if you looking for romantic place you should stay in another hotel, this is out of date (too old and too simple)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lescol
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Trident, Agra on Trip Advisor .

We are happy to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. It is our constant endeavor to deliver best services and it is appreciation and feedback such as yours which motivates the entire team to continue striving for excellence.

I have also shared your observation about service in the restaurant with my Food and Beverage service team and I am confident that you will notice a marked change during your next stay with us.

I also look forward to the pleasure of meeting you in Agra , if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed at these hotels in October/November. There were 3 of us and since they do not offer triple rooms we had two rooms which was fine. Each of the three hotels we stayed in (Agra, Jaipur and Udaipur) were almost identical (and by identical, I mean identical). The hotel grounds and common areas were different but the rooms and bathrooms were almost exactly the same. Even the breakfast spread was almost the same. The staff were all very nice and attentive at each of these hotels. It may sound strange but the lobbies always smelled really nice. My only negative comment about the Trident hotels was that they were kind of pushy with the reviews. I already knew I was going to put reviews on TA when I got home so I wasn’t really in the mood to do another one at every location. All of the hotels, guides and even restaurants seem to want reviews, so after a while it just became too much.

I think the room in Agra was under repair since it was missing the safe and mini bar. I called down to reception and they said they would move us but we preferred to just stay close to the second room that we had. They really should not have put us in this room if it wasn't ready. It wasn’t a big issue but a little strange to see empty spaces where these things should be. Check in and out was fast and easy. We had drinks in the bar area and the service was good.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JenD23
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, 26 November 2011

Thank you for posting your views on your recent visit to Trident, Agra.

We have made note of your feedback. It is our constant endeavour to deliver best services and it is appreciation and feedback such as yours which motivates the entire team to continue striving for excellence.

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

This was a great surprice in Agra, the Hotel has a very simple but modern decor, the welcoming is super friendly and the staff go out of thir ways to help you. It is a shame i didn't wright thir names but the guy at Orbitz travel agency was more than helpfull diling with my numerous demanding wierd requests; we hire a car and it was the best service we got during all our India stay, the driver was super friendly and unlike other drivers he was open to our own schedule and not pushing us to go to shops or turisty places.
The restaurant was excelent, great selection of Indian food at a very good price.
The rooms are ok, nothing spectacular but good value.
Overall a pleasant experiance, I am happy to recomend it and would stay there again if I go back to Agra.
Only downside, Internet is not included and was a problem even when willing to pay, but to be fair this seam to be the same issue all around India.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank goingnowhere87
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, 23 November 2011

Thank you for posting your views on your recent visit to Trident, Agra.

We are happy to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. It is our constant endeavour to deliver best services and it is appreciation and feedback such as yours which motivates the entire team to continue striving for excellence.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

Be careful arriving by train. The station is plagued with beggars of all ages and it is very dirty.

We stayed in room 158 a garden view room, but the shower in the room was poor and the overall standard and condition of the bathroom was poor.

The hotel does offer a good buffet breakfast and the staff are all very friendly.

Bar service is slow and our request for pest control when the bar area was suffering from inserts was ignored, despite asking three times.

Like in other hotels, there is free bottled water in the room.

Here are a few tips for anyone going to India:

- avoid buffet food
- go vegetarian for the best chance of avoiding any tummy upsets (although this is not a guarantee!)
- ask hotels not to give you any notes larger than a 100 rupees - 500 rupees is good for tourist shops and restaurants, but really unwelcome when shopping, eating, going out locally
- on departure you will need to fill out a departure card so make sure you pick one up - if you don't ask/get one you might find yourself queuing twice at immigration!
- barter heavily when buying holiday gifts. Most things can be bought for 100 rupees or less, but only if you haggle and walk away - usually they will chase you and say 'OK 100'
- the people are friendly and chatty and at no time did we feel unsafe, but expect to be hassled to buy things or for food/money
- keep a stack of 10 rupees to pay for the use of washrooms
- if you are going as part of tour, don't eat in the hotel every night - do take the time to go local for an evening - most guide books will recommend a local restaurant or two - it is fun!
- best to buy alcohol in the shops and not in the hotel - big difference in price
- most hotels/tourist restaurants add taxes and service charges so the price quoted is not the final price - expect it to be quite a bit more
- when checking out of hotels they often charge you in your currency instead of local i.e. rupees. This will cost you more so always insist on being charged in rupees and check your receipt carefully to make sure they did!
- when changing money or buying anything - check your change carefully - often 10/20 rupees might be 'missing'
- only drink bottled water and check the seal

Room Tip: Check out the bathroom on arrival and ask for a room move if the quality is poor
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Malachi W
Dear Guest,

As you have mentioned, we have done major renovation in the public areas of the hotel like the lobby, bar and restaurant. We are looking at renovating the rooms in the not too distant future.

Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stayed at the Trident hotel with 5 other photographers while we were visiting Agra to see the Taj Mahal. This hotel is a beautiful hotel with great staff, it is clean, the food is amazing, the grounds are gorgeous, I don't have anything negative to say about it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Greg H
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, 18 November 2011

Yours sincerely,

San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

If anyone were to look at all my reviews from our 17 days in India, you would see this is the Only one not to get an 'excellent'. This was the only disappointing stop on a phenominal trip and hopefully others will have the chance to consider their choices. It's a very austere and cold hotel, we were just another room. There is nothing nearby to go out and stretch your legs, we had traveled 7 hours to get here and found this to be the only remote spot we would stay in. But for someone who wanted to be isolated, it would be ideal. Were very happy to leave the next morning, it was just a room with 4 walls and no ambiance. I rarely am disappointed when traveling, it takes a lot to bring me down. Glad it was only one night, loved the Taj though. Second time we'd been to see it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank T-2SanDiego
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

At the outset, please do accept my most sincere regrets for the inconvenience caused. . I take complete responsibility on behalf of the team for the way your visit was handled this time. Whilst we do realize that no amount of apologies can undo the discomfort experienced by you, please allow me to reassure you that we have put in place, systems and procedures to avoid such recurrence in the future.

Please may I also request you to treat this as an non-representative of the Trident experience.

We value your support and patronage and would request you to please give us another opportunity to surpass your expectations

Please do let me know directly whenever you plan to visit us next. The team and I shall ensure that you have a comfortable stay with us.

If there is any help that I am able to extend, please do let me know.