“Very Good...but could be better”
Review of ITC Mughal, Agra

ITC Mughal, Agra
Ranked #13 of 145 Hotels in Agra
New Delhi, India
“Very Good...but could be better”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here over a weekend in July in the Mughal Suite. The room was very good but the bathroom esp the bath-tub could be in better shape.

It was my wife's birthday...hence I requested a chocolate cake but got a pineapple one instead (complimentary)....since we cut the cake late at night, I didn't get the chance to report it - the cake provided was very nice but wasn't chocolate.

The staff is very polite and courteous. The food in the coffee shop & peshawari is very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ITCMUGHAL, Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Manik,

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank-you for choosing ITC Mughal – A Luxury Collection Hotel.

We are indeed delighted to know that the services rendered were up to your expectations. It is comments such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our services.

However, your feedback regarding the Bathtub and the Cake have also been noted. You have my assurance that the same has been viewed very earnestly and necessary action has been initiated to enhance our services.

We value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to ITC Mughal.

Ashutosh Chhibba

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Presently part of the hotel is under renovation and leaves a narrow pathway to the main lounge. Being a number of holidays clubbed up, the hotel was overflowing with guests for the check in. In spite of the crowd, Mr. Ashutosh Chhibba and his team have to be complimented for efficiency. It was great to see that the GM himself was helping out in the checking in formalities.
The food was excellent and the breakfast spread in keeping with the high standards set by ITC. F&B team did very well to look after all the guests suitably and with a smile.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ravi1603
Dear Ravi,

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

Your appreciation has been conveyed to my team and I am sure that your recommendation will go a long way in encouraging them.

AshutoshChhibba
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Luxury product getting ruined by poor staff. I entered hotel at 11:15 there are no one to attend me. I approach to the reception and wait for 5 min then Margrate came to assist me from behind. She is very kind, professional & hospitable. She took me to the lounge & make me comfortable. Then she told that room is not ready. She offered me Tea & coffee. It will take me almost one & half hour to get the room. Finally reaches to the room. Reading lamp of the room was not fixed properly. Wardrobe door was hanging. Then ask Duty Manager (Shaila) for room change. It almost took 30 min for her investigation to change the room. Finally get the room. There was no courtesy call from hotel end after changing the room. Upon C/O I asked for little late C/O till 14:00 hrs on which both duty manager on shift (Harshit & Shaila) clearly denied that we are sold out. It is not possible that each & every guest will come at that time only. Being a Platinum member of SPG I expect these things at least. It was a worst experience I have ever had. Hotel is having very luxury product but staff is not at all good except Margrate who save our trip little bit. Thanks Margrate for whatever you did for me.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dhindhwalsurender
Dear Mr. Dhindhwal,

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

At the outset, I would like to take this opportunity to thank-you for choosing to stay at ITC Mughal – A Luxury Collection Hotel.

We have taken cognizance of your feedback regarding your experience during your recent stay with us. Please be assured that the same has been viewed very earnestly and necessary action has been initiated to enhance our services.

Your appreciation has been conveyed to Margaret and I am sure that your recommendation will go a long way in encouraging her.

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for a night to visit Taj Mahal. Hotel is amazing very nice rooms and perfect restaurants. Food served in Bukhara was just perfect.

There is not much to add onto previous good reviews but just to agree that it is really perfect destination for holiday visit of this area

Thanks!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LauraNurtas
Dear Ms. Nurtas,

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I visited agra with my husband on this extended weekend of 15 august and janamashtmi. We booked itc mughal for our stay. However the experience was very much far from a welcoming one. HIGLY RUDE ARROGANT STAFF. we had requested for an early check in and the so called lobby manager Mr satvik was rude enough to deny us the same and throw his attitude that i am the lobby manager in here. Well god knows what he thinks of himself... just a manager or the owner himself. He doesnt let the reception associate attend to us and give us the room. We dont get the type of room that we had booked i.e. a twin bed instead of a king bed. Manager telling us that we can join the beds. Even upon requesting he tells us bluntly that he will not give us the desired room as there is heavy rush. Then why the hell did they give us a pre paid confirmed booking. Later we have to face complete lack of information and communication between the restaurant staff and the receptionists who didnt give us our 20 % disc on food and beverages. The staff simply asks us to bear the loss though it was a fault on their part. To add on top of this the rooms were stinky owing to the dampness in walls. Paint peeling off the walls and the bathroom was equally terrible with dirty wc, dirty water and bath tub all scraped off and dirty. Food was equally tasteless and disappointing.
It was definitely not a 5 star experience.
TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE
WORST STAFF EXPERIENCE FACED EVER
WHAT THE HELL DOES THE STAFF HERE THINK OF THEMSELVES

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank Prerna J
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 19 August 2014

ITC Muhgal is a fantastic property with spacious grounds, nice pool (not too crowded as they have two pools), games for children and yummy food (Indian ofcourse their specialty but the continental also was great)! The hotel staff is extremely service oriented, right from the greeting as you enter to restaurant staff giving you a table that you like to complaint handling (when the AC was not working in our room, changing the room). Would recommend the Mughal Suite highly...spacious and comfort focussed. Must eat at the Peshawari specially the Sikandari Rann. Only hiccup faced was the Concierge desk who kept making promises to call back but never did...not once but 3 times!!

Room Tip: We didnot find the Rooms good as they were old with AC problems. Suites were better and closer to ga...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RoyRI
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

However, your feedback regarding the Concierge has also been noted and you have my assurance that necessary action has been initiated to enhance our services.

AshutoshChhibba
delhi
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Agra as a city sucks big time. The Taj mahal is a wonder no doubt but the way it is managed is terrible. The saving grace was this wonderfull hotel. Excellent staff, brilliant food, decent pool, good rooms couldn't have asked for more. Visitors must stay at this hotel and eat food at bukhara specially the Sikandari Ran (mutton shoulder) brilliant. Hope this review helps u to chhose ur hotel wisely. Cheers

• Stayed May 2014