“Bad experience at the ITC”
Review of ITC Mughal, Agra

ITC Mughal, Agra
Ranked #13 of 146 Hotels in Agra
“Bad experience at the ITC”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The facilities at the hotels have modern design on all the common areas. Spa and restaurants have a great service and very well designes facilities. However, The service received was horrible. Power went out 5 times in a single night, and had to call every time to get it fixed. After the 5th time requested for a room change, and the duty manager Ankit - only argued about the problem being fixed and did not grant us our request for a different room. The next night problem persisted and after the 4th time a different duty manager authorized the change of room.
The water in the shower was yellow with a smell similar to sea water.
Overall, a luxury hotel with very bad customer service, shower water not adequate, and with Duty managers that are not trained to treat their guests the way they should. Facilities 5 stars- Service comparable to a 2 star hotel.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Jose R
ITCMUGHAL, Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

At the outset, I would like to take this opportunity to thank-you for choosing to stay at ITC Mughal – A Luxury Collection Hotel.

We have taken cognizance of your feedback and without meaning to offer any excuses sincerely apologize for the dissonance faced. It is indeed our responsibility to provide all our guests with services that surpass their expectations and it is disappointing to know that your experience was to the contrary. Please be assured that the same has been viewed very earnestly and necessary action has been initiated to enhance our services.

We sincerely hope that you will treat this as a one off incident and provide us with another opportunity to restore your confidence in ITC Mughal.

We value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to ITC Mughal.

Ashutosh Chhibba

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I planned a trip to ITC mughal , agra,for 2 days to celebrate my father's birthday. And after my stay I realised that it was one of the best decisions I must have made. It was an absolute pleasure for me and my family to stay at this beautiful hotel with its lovely and hospitable associates. Everybody in the hotel were extremely courteous, and went out of their way to make my fathers birthday special.
My special thanks to Mr Ankit Gulati for all the cooperation he extended to plan my father's birthday surprise , and how he went out of his way to make it extremely special for him.

To Mr Kunal Pahwa for being so hospitable and approchable , he was always so kind and courteous.

They both are real assets to the company

And to the chef Vivek , for the bestest pizzas.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Shivani S
ITCMUGHAL, Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Shivani,

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank-you for choosing ITC Mughal – A Luxury Collection Hotel.

We are indeed delighted to know that the services rendered were up to your expectations. It is comments such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our services.

Your appreciation has been conveyed to Ankit, Kunal, Vivek & team and I am sure that your recommendation will go a long way in encouraging them.

AshutoshChhibba
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here over a weekend in July in the Mughal Suite. The room was very good but the bathroom esp the bath-tub could be in better shape.

It was my wife's birthday...hence I requested a chocolate cake but got a pineapple one instead (complimentary)....since we cut the cake late at night, I didn't get the chance to report it - the cake provided was very nice but wasn't chocolate.

The staff is very polite and courteous. The food in the coffee shop & peshawari is very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Manik,

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

However, your feedback regarding the Bathtub and the Cake have also been noted. You have my assurance that the same has been viewed very earnestly and necessary action has been initiated to enhance our services.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Presently part of the hotel is under renovation and leaves a narrow pathway to the main lounge. Being a number of holidays clubbed up, the hotel was overflowing with guests for the check in. In spite of the crowd, Mr. Ashutosh Chhibba and his team have to be complimented for efficiency. It was great to see that the GM himself was helping out in the checking in formalities.
The food was excellent and the breakfast spread in keeping with the high standards set by ITC. F&B team did very well to look after all the guests suitably and with a smile.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ravi1603
Dear Ravi,

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

Your appreciation has been conveyed to my team and I am sure that your recommendation will go a long way in encouraging them.

AshutoshChhibba
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Luxury product getting ruined by poor staff. I entered hotel at 11:15 there are no one to attend me. I approach to the reception and wait for 5 min then Margrate came to assist me from behind. She is very kind, professional & hospitable. She took me to the lounge & make me comfortable. Then she told that room is not ready. She offered me Tea & coffee. It will take me almost one & half hour to get the room. Finally reaches to the room. Reading lamp of the room was not fixed properly. Wardrobe door was hanging. Then ask Duty Manager (Shaila) for room change. It almost took 30 min for her investigation to change the room. Finally get the room. There was no courtesy call from hotel end after changing the room. Upon C/O I asked for little late C/O till 14:00 hrs on which both duty manager on shift (Harshit & Shaila) clearly denied that we are sold out. It is not possible that each & every guest will come at that time only. Being a Platinum member of SPG I expect these things at least. It was a worst experience I have ever had. Hotel is having very luxury product but staff is not at all good except Margrate who save our trip little bit. Thanks Margrate for whatever you did for me.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dhindhwalsurender
Dear Mr. Dhindhwal,

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

We have taken cognizance of your feedback regarding your experience during your recent stay with us. Please be assured that the same has been viewed very earnestly and necessary action has been initiated to enhance our services.

Your appreciation has been conveyed to Margaret and I am sure that your recommendation will go a long way in encouraging her.

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for a night to visit Taj Mahal. Hotel is amazing very nice rooms and perfect restaurants. Food served in Bukhara was just perfect.

There is not much to add onto previous good reviews but just to agree that it is really perfect destination for holiday visit of this area

Thanks!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LauraNurtas
Dear Ms. Nurtas,

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I visited agra with my husband on this extended weekend of 15 august and janamashtmi. We booked itc mughal for our stay. However the experience was very much far from a welcoming one. HIGLY RUDE ARROGANT STAFF. we had requested for an early check in and the so called lobby manager Mr satvik was rude enough to deny us the same and throw his attitude that i am the lobby manager in here. Well god knows what he thinks of himself... just a manager or the owner himself. He doesnt let the reception associate attend to us and give us the room. We dont get the type of room that we had booked i.e. a twin bed instead of a king bed. Manager telling us that we can join the beds. Even upon requesting he tells us bluntly that he will not give us the desired room as there is heavy rush. Then why the hell did they give us a pre paid confirmed booking. Later we have to face complete lack of information and communication between the restaurant staff and the receptionists who didnt give us our 20 % disc on food and beverages. The staff simply asks us to bear the loss though it was a fault on their part. To add on top of this the rooms were stinky owing to the dampness in walls. Paint peeling off the walls and the bathroom was equally terrible with dirty wc, dirty water and bath tub all scraped off and dirty. Food was equally tasteless and disappointing.
It was definitely not a 5 star experience.
TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE