“Superior in all aspects”

The Oberoi Amarvilas
Ranked #1 of 145 Hotels in Agra
San Francisco, California
“Superior in all aspects”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Great location with an unmatched view of the Taj Mahal, fabulous friendly service, large rooms, very good gym (official hours 7am to 10pm but they will open whenever you request), etc. etc. In short (other than the price, but you definitely get your money's worth if you can afford it) this place hits on all cylinders.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review us on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed different aspects of the hotel during your stay with us. Our hotel does offer magnificent views of the Taj Mahal from every room and it is the endeavor of our dedicated team to personalize your stay at the hotel.

We truly believe that our trained and guest focused team members are our greatest asset and I will be glad to share your wonderful feedback with all.

We hope that your experience with us will tempt you to return and stay at one of the many Oberoi hotels and resorts around the world.

ankush.mahajan@oberoihotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (816)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We arrived after dark and the large flaming torches lining the driveway were an indication we were in for a treat! We had room 121 which was very close to the main lobby, which I had some reservations about at first, however it ended up not an issue at all, with no extra noise problems.

The room was so nice, we couldn't wait to return to it after our outings. We had a wonderful terrace over looking the Taj Mahal in the distance. All rooms in the hotel have a Taj view I believe.

We had dinner in the room on our arrival given it was after 9pm and we had just come off a long day of travel. The experience was better than I expected, it was far from a trolley wheeled into the room. The drinks and meals were served to us just as well as they would have been in the restaurant. And collected promptly once I called to say we were finished, which was appreciated given we were tired.

The grounds are amazing, with beautiful pools and water features. We ate Italian in the restaurant the second night, which was nice, without being excellent - no complaints though. The breakfasts were great.

The quality of the room and the public areas is high, and you do feel like you are having a luxury experience.

NOTE: We went in November and it was hazy, and this is apparantly normal this time of year. But it did mean the view of the Taj is also hazy, so we were not able to get a clear photo from the hotel terrace.

1 Thank Dinks93
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your reviews of your recent stay at The Oberoi Amarvilas. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the resort and liked the services at the hotel.

I am also happy to read that you enjoyed the view from the room and other publci areas at the resort. Our teams are trained in order to ensure that they are proactive and think likes and dislikes of our guests. I will be most delighted to share your feedback with all members of the team.

We look forward to having you stay with us again and if there is any assistance required, I am at your disposal.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel is a must if you want to view the Taj al day long with views from your bedroom balcony. A lovely place to relax after viewing the Taj only a short distance away making it the perfect place to stay for an early morning visit and a little luxury. The pol was amazing and pool side service very attentive.

Room Tip: Second or third floor centrally so you have a god view of the Taj
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your reviews on Tripadvisor. Delighted to read your review. Our views from each and every room is one of the best features at the resort. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the pool side as it is one the best places to unwind after a long tiring day of sighseeting. Our heated pool is appreciated by all of our guests.

I have made a note that you loved the service at the pool side and will ensure that i share your feedback with the concerned teams.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

There is nothing bad I can say about this hotel, it was just splendid. One of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed in. Everything was impeccable and gorgeous. It's definitely a nice treat to stay here if you are willing to spend the money.

1 Thank Debi B
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind words used in your comments and feedback on Tripadvisor. These words are definitely very motivation for all of us at the resort and will be appreciated by all members of the team.

I am happy to read that you loved the resort. Our teams are very carefully recruited and trained and I am delighted to see that they continue to make a difference in our guests expeirence at the resort. These motivating words will help us achieve greater heights and we will continue to strive for excellence.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

The view of the Taj is their trumpcard! We were there for 2 nights , husband, me and baby. First thoughts, the hotel although compared to other vilas properties was smaller but it grows on you. The view from the room was amazing!I reached on a thursday and wouldn't visit Taj until Saturday but din't miss it because we could see it from our room, all public areas etc. The staff was very courteous and were out to please you in sync with the usual oberoi hospitality.We really did just stay in , and only go out to the taj , so all meals were in the hotel. Breakfast was a very good spread, they would customize dishes for you if you say so too.Room service was a delight, i preferred eating in the room than in the restaurant! The service was great , food was great and we could eat in our room balcony. If you go in the winters definitely take the balcony room!I had voiced my disappointment about small property as compared to other vilas properties to the manager ( including smaller rooms ) and was pleasantly surprised that they offered me a suite upgarde but I turned it down just due to 'no' balcony !The restaurant Ephahsan had good food but I felt portions sizes were small. The musician there fell sick so din't turn up for our dinner seating which was a downer .Akthough the next night we dined on the room terrace and watched a splendid show with dancers and musicians.The show was for a private event organized in the hotel but could be viewed from all public areas. They took care of 'all ' my baby needs regarding food and otherwise with utmost ease. The best part of the hotel is the pool and gardens. We spent maximum time in these areas. Pool was temperature controlled but still felt little chilly so try to go in the day.Beware of mosquitoes in the evening. They organized our taj mahal tickets and took us there in the golf carts. It was a great stay!

Room Tip: Balcony in winters
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank prachi
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.
I am pleased to read your detailed feedback with reference to your stay at the Oberoi Amarvilas. It is my pleasure that you enjoyed staying with us and the product, service and cuisine were to your liking.

The hotel does indeed offer magnificent views of the Taj Mahal and beautifully manicured gardens from all our guest rooms, lobby and the lounge. I will be pleased to share your generous comment with the members of our team.

Thank you for choosing us and we hope to welcome you back to the Oberoi Amarvilas.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

It was my wife’s birthday and I promised her to take to Agra for grand celebration of this Day. Through survey on internet and having advice from some office colleagues and friends I decided to stay at Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra.

On arrival at hotel itself I had a (wow!) feeling that yes it is right decision again. TajMahal was just 600 metres away from Oberoi Amarvillas and we got an incredible view from our room and balcony. The pool area was awesome and stunningly beautiful. It was exquisite in every way. Surrounded by authentic beauty and most polite and courteous people you will ever meet.
The arrangement for Birthday Cake & dinner were absolutely beautiful and done with perfection. The joy and happiness of being at this exotic location on this wonderful day was very much evident on my wife’s face and she highly like this treat of mine and selection of this Oberoi Amarvilas at Agra. The food was superb.The photographer in me clicked as many best pictures as I can do.

It was excellent value for money. It had given both of us so many wonderful moments and memories which we will cherish for our lifetime. I will give full marks to staff and management who maintained it to such a finest level. I guess being so close to TajMahal this place has that wonderful aura and divine energy which make this place more special. It was so wonderful, cannot wait to come here again and again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Javedsheikh007
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read your generous praise of the hotel and the staff. All our rooms do offer magnificent views of the Taj Mahal and beautifully manicured gardens.

The swimming pool is one of the most beautiful and serene place in the hotel to relax after a tiring day of sightseeing. Our staff is specially trained to take special care of our guests to ensure a memorable stay with us. It is my pleasure to convey your positive feedback with the all the staff which will be a great source of motivation for one and all.

Thank you for choosing us for your birthday and I hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to choose one of the many Oberoi hotels and resorts around the world.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

One of the most amazing hotels we ever stayed.

We love everything about this hotel, all staff are friendly and helpfully. Our room was perfect, very clean and incredible view of the swimming pool and the Taj Mahal.

The tea and coffee arrangement for us after the wake up call was a really big bonus of it's service. After comming from visiting Taj mahal, they did arrange breakfast for us at the balcony, what's else can you ask for?

Thanks everyone for making our honeymoon perfectly. Strongly reccommend!
All the best to you guys.

Cheers

1 Thank sokny123
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.I am pleased to read your comment and your generous praise of the hotel and our staff.

All our rooms are beautifully designed to have a view of the magnificent Taj Mahal. The swimming pool is one of the most beautiful and serene place in the hotel to relax after a tiring day of sight seeing.Our staff is specially trained to cater to guests needs and help in making their experience a once in a life time experience.

Thank you for choosing us for your special occasion and we hope to welcome you back to the Oberoi Amarvilas.