The Oberoi Amarvilas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
3,450 results
All reviewsgolf cartbellevue restaurantbalcony roomindian restaurantonce in a lifetimepremier roombeautiful hotelplace to staythe general managerpool area isbeautiful poolthalinew delhian oasistaj vieweast gateagra fort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were recommended this hotel as the best view of the Taj Mahal & certainly it delivered on that front. Beautiful water gardens & pool area & our room was lovely.

The shuttle service to the Taj Mahal is terrific & if I can give you a recommendation - take advantage of it & get there early. If you can manage 6.30am you'll be at the front of the queue & will manage to get an uncluttered view. Later in the day - complete bunfight.

In terms of the well meant criticism - the hotel's public parts are lacking (probably because it's a newer property) & the food is edging on poor. It's expensive & they could do a lot better.

I wouldn't necessarily let that put you off - still a very lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read that the view of the Taj Mahal and the gardens, water bodies and rooms were to your liking. The swimming pool is one of the most beautiful and serine places of the hotel to come back and relax after a long tiring day of sight seeing. We provide a complimentary shuttle service to the Taj Mahal, ensuring that the monument is just minutes away from the hotel.

I have also made a good note of your feedback referring to the hotel public areas and the cuisine. Please be assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and will be put to good use. We rely on the constructive feedback of our discerning guests to help us achieve the highest levels of product and services we aspire towards.

I hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to return and stay at The Oberoi Amarvilas in future.

Ankush Maharaja

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Seeing the Taj Mahal from your own terrace is pure delight. To complement it by staying at Amarvilas is a real moment of serenity. The hotel itself is a jewel, with beautiful rooms, amazing gardens and a discreet but very attentive staff. Best to get a room with terrace overlooking the Taj to fully appreciate the place. Food is on par with the rest as is the Spa. A real gem.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews on Trip Advisor.

It gives me immense pleasure to read that you enjoyed the beauty of the hotel during your stay and that we were able to create fond memories for you to carry back home.

I will be pleased share your generous comments with the team which will be a great source of motivation for all.

We hope that our service will tempt you to return and stay at one of the many Oberoi hotels and resorts in the future.

Ankush Mahajan,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Some rooms, especially on the top floor, have direct views of the Taj Mahal. But wherever you are this is a great hotel and typifies the Oberoi group, with elegance and sophistication. The style was typical Raj Indian, and the staff are immaculately dressed in traditional uniform, and are extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was quite large, although not as good as the Oberoi in Jaipur. However, it did have a huge balcony/roof terrace. Unfortunately because it was not very warm when we visited it was not warm enough to sit out in the evenings. My visit to the spa for a back massage was not as good as in the Imperial Hotel in Delhi where we had previously visited.
There are special buggies laid on from the hotel to the Taj Mahal, which is a nice touch and typical of the service levels.

Room Tip: The higher the better to get a view of the Taj Mahal. Some have balconies.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the magnificent views of the Taj Mahal from the lobby, lounge and your bedroom. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service and location of the hotel.

Your feedback regarding your Spa experience is of much concern to me. Please be assured that this has been taken seriously and the concerned team has been briefed regarding the same. We strive to provide to our guests only the best and we appreciate that you would only expect the same from us. We as an Oberoi brand believe that by working on feedback we can achieve higher standards.

I hope to welcome you back again in the not so distant future.
Ankush Mahajan

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Even though I stayed elewhere during my most recent visit of Agra I went for a sundowner at the bar. The view from the terrace is spectacular and inside seating very stylish.
Be prepared to spend about 375 Rs for a gin & tonic or 550 Rs for a cocktail (Caipiroska).

1  Thank 1001-traumreisen
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor which is much appreciated.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your drinks with us at the Bar and liked the hotel.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to stay with us in the not so distant future.

Ankush Mahajan

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We spent two nights at The Oberoi Amarvilas in a Deluxe Suite. Our suite was large and provided all of the mod’ cons’, but there is a charge for Wi-Fi.

I regretted not booking a suite with a balcony, which is around 10% more expensive, but I think they are worth the extra cost if you can afford it.

The hotel’s main selling point is of course that it is just 600 meters from the Taj Mahal and our suite offered fabulous views of it. It was a little disappointing that the Taj is unlit at night.

I think the Oberoi Amarvilas have the balance between first class service and ensuring guests’ privacy just right. The hotel is fairly understated and it has a very comfortable feel about it.

The food was exceptional. I ate the best fish curry I have ever had there. The buffets were also very good. The service is attentive without being intrusive.

Overall, I think this hotel provides excellent value for money and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read your comment and your generous praise of the hotel and our staff and we are glad that the cuisine was to your liking. All our rooms are beautifully designed to have a view of the magnificent Taj Mahal.

Our staff is specially trained to cater to guests needs and help in making their experience a once in a life time experience. I have also made a note of your comment regarding the Wi-Fi service which is an ongoing issue at our end which will be put in place soon.

Thank you for choosing us and we hope to welcome you back to the Oberoi Amarvilas.