We recently spent our honeymoon in India and this was the lowest star hotel we stayed during our trip so we didn't expect luxury but we expected more than we got! We had chosen this hotel as it looked less of a business hotel but in hindsight we would have been better off choosing a chain hotel.
We checked in and reception was lovely but not the fastest of service. We were taken to our room and given small twin beds and the room was also small. It was very late when we arrived so we wanted room service but we had no room guide so had to go back down to reception for information. Our mini bar was also empty and it felt generally, as though the room wasn't ready for us. It was the only hotel in our whole trip to India (18 days and 7 hotels that didn't give us a special service for our honeymoon such as flowers, cake, room upgrade etc.).
We also had many power cuts, which is to be expected but our room was next to the generator and was VERY loud! We were moved promptly which was excellent but the room was only a little quieter as we still heard it and had the additional noise of the air con unit outside this window!
Breakfast could have been nice but the selection wasn't topped up so we felt like we had left overs. It was also the only hotel in 18 days that didn't offer tea or coffee or assistance without us asking. The staff need to be more attentive. Even in the bar when we went for drinks we had to wait for a member of staff to find somebody that could serve us drinks which then took 10 minutes and we then had to repeat our order.
Our stay was fine, but this hotel could be lovely if it gave more attention to detail. The rooms were also fine but were dated. A hotel can give you the experience of India without being rundown so this is what Mansingh Palace should aim for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mansingh Palace, Agra is a five star property ideally located to suit the needs of travellers whether on leisure or business.100 centrally air-conditioned rooms with telephone, swimming pool, spa, health club, CTV, laundry and dry cleaning services, secretarial, fax & e-mail services, beauty parlor, safe deposit, tea / coffee maker, hair dryer, doctor on call, travel desk, 24 hour money exchange, WIFI. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mansingh Palace, Agra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mansingh Palace, Agra Hotel Agra
- Mansingh Palace Hotel Agra
- Agra Mansingh Palace Hotel