Mansingh Palace, Agra
  • Pool
US$41
US$31
  • Breakfast included
Tourists Rest House(Agra)(Great Value!)
US$11
US$10
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
US$47
US$39
Agoda.com
All reviewsmr sunilcosta coffeenice hotelswimming poolstandard roomexcellent staybuffet dinnercomfortable roomshotel staffcomfortable staypuppetbathtubambienceindianmarblecheckinfeedback
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently when visiting Taj Mahal. It is a hotel trying to act like a 5-star hotel (and pricey) but in reality the service quality we encountered and amenities were closer to a 2-star hotel. I have traveled many parts of the world and have stayed at 100's of hotels, this one was towards the low end of our list. Rooms were old, inadequate lighting, lack of thermostat control, furniture worn out, beds sagging, leaky shower and average breakfast in a noisy place with staff catering to overseas visitor more than who didn't like foreigners, did not go well with me. The safe in the room didn't open after it was locked. I needed to open it to get my passport; with taxi waiting outside and repeated calls to front desk, someone finally came after 25 minutes, seemed unhappy about having to come and he could not open it either. He called some engineer and finally after 35 minutes they were able to open the safe. I asked if this happens again, how soon I could get someone - he said he did not live in premises and will have to come from home to fix it and it could take a while. Needless to stay I did not use it again and had to carry all my valuables and cash with me to attractions all around, which is not something I wanted to do, but didn't have a choice.Beds did not have an extra bed sheet to cover ourselves (blankets didn't seem very clean); when requested, they brought extra sheets but they were still damp and obviously could not be used till they were dry. I then asked for an iron and ironing board, which the most horrible looking things I have ever seen. The hotel should be ashamed of themselves to send those to guests (I took pictures if management wants to see those). The ironing board was stained to the point that I was afraid my clothes would stain if I apply heat; the fabric cover on ironing board looked like it had not been washed for many years. I put that damp sheet on it to iron my clothes and didn't realize that there was some black gooey substance stuck to the bottom of the iron, which when heated, transferred on to my clothes. I could not get that black stuff off my clothes. I am going to stop here and not say more - hopefully hotel management will take notice and make improvements for future visitors.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Nand Kumar A, General Manager at Mansingh Palace, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Mansingh Palace Agra !
At the outset, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay with us. We are grateful for your time and inputs, and have taken immediate action on you feedback.
We would appreciate if you give us another opportunity to serve you better. Looking forward to hear from you.
Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous 2014.

Regards

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We enjoyed lot while Taj Mahal tour at Mansingh Palace, Agra.It was my third trip to Mansingh but It's first and Fabulous and memorable experience for all Kirola family with Mansingh Palace. Rooms are very spacious and neat, bedding is too comfortable, Food was too good and Executive Chef was very knowledgeable and helpful. After renovation rooms and restaurant became more better...by the time staying here the feeling of Royal and Mughal empirars is coming within us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Nand Kumar A, General Manager at Mansingh Palace, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear Mr. Singh,

Thankyou very much for writing a very encouraging feedback. We always wanted to give the best of the services to our guest, so that they should have a memorable and enjoyable time.

Looking forward to have you again with us, Wishing you and family a very Happy and Properous 2014.

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is an excellent hotel! The hotel was close to the Taj Mahal. The room was very neat, spacious and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was very clean. Room Service was excellent and Breakfast was good. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was very clean and the location was excellent, close to the Taj Mahal!!! Rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast was good. I would recommend this hotel for a great stay in Agra.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The Mansingh Palace is a beautiful hotel in close proximity to the Taj Mahal. The corner room which we were allocated was large, spotlessly clean, good facilities re safe, tea & coffee making, bathroom etc. After a day of travelling it was great to arrive at the hotel, shower, climb into a wonderfully comfortable bed and drift off to sleep..................until the power went off and the generator kicked into life. This was directly opposite our corner windows and the noise from this mechanical monster was deafening. Earplugs were installed, pillows were over our heads but nothing countered this monster. Power outages are a fact of life in a lot of places in India and the best way to combat this at this particular hotel would be to ask for a room as far away from the entrance where the generator was (October 2013) as possible. Apart from this little hiccup, the hotel was recommendable.

Room Tip: Stay away from the area where the generator is placed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple