“Very nice overnight stay with excellent service”

The Gateway Hotel, Agra
Ranked #7 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

As with many people, this way only an overnight stay for us. We were warmly greeted at 8am and understandably our room was not quite ready. Our guide whisked us off to visit the Taj Mahal instead....
Our Taj view superior room was spacious and very well appointed. Don't expect a clear view of the Taj in the winter time and not at night - it is not lit.
We had a very nice couples massage in the spa as well as a lovely swim. The grounds are quiet and pleasant.
The food was good, service polite and attentive. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Greetings from Agra
We would like to express our gratitude for your valuable feedback.

I would like to inform you that your appreciation for our services has been shared with the reception and the SPA team. This will motivate us to further increase our service standards in order to make your future visits more comfortable and delightful.

There are newer reviews for The Gateway Hotel, Agra

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The USP of this property is Taj view rooms. However size of rooms and toilets are small and unsuitable for family with kids. The hotel is not kid friendly as they have no arrangement to keep them engaged. Shops at ground floor try to loot people by quoting absurd price. Even the travel desk of the hotel quotes premium price providing sub-standard and over-used cars. It would be wise not to avail them before checking car quality.
I found buffet lunch menu repetitive.

Room Tip: Book Taj view room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Sir

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel Agra

At the onset please accept my sincere apologies for the lapse in the travel desk services. I would like to assure you that we are taking necessary corrective action in this regard to ensure that such incidence does not reoccur in future.

I have also taken into account your feedback about the rooms and the Buffet and the same has been taken up with the chef and the entire kitchen team and the executive chef has been advised to check the buffeton a daily basis

I deeply regret the inconvenience & discomforts caused to you and hope that this incident will not diminish your otherwise favourable regard for the Gateway Hotels & Resorts.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in future. Please do get in touch with me for any further assistance.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

First of all - I should say we were put in room 222, which had a view of the Taj Mahal. The suite was exceptional, but nothing compared to the people who work there. My husband and I wanted to get dressed up for our anniversary. They sent a woman (Akra, I think her name was) up to the room and she took pins from HER OWN saree to help me with mine. We asked if by chance, they could do our laundry to be ready for the next day - there was someone up in our room collecting it within 5 minutes. It truly saddened me that we were only there for one night.
By the way, breakfast... YUM! Plenty of Indian dishes (yes, they had western food as well, but who wants that in India :)).
Seriously made for a wonderful anniversary for my husband and I and a memorable trip to Agra. Thanks Gateway Hotel!

Room Tip: I stayed in Suite 222 and this was large and gorgeous!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gillicanty

Dear Mam,

Greetings from Agra
I would like to thgankyou for your wonderful feedback and would also like to update you that inform you that your appreciation for our services has been shared especially with Ekta from the Front office for going out of her way to make your anniversary a memorable one.

We have also shred your appreciation with the housekeeping team which I believe will motivate them to further increase the existing service standards in order to make your future visits more comfortable and delightful.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at the Gateway Agra in March, the hotel was clean, spacious room with a good view, good food and very good service. The hotel facade is really tired and can be a little scary at first glance, however the interior is well maintained and of a very decent standard. Nice swimming pool! We really enjoyed our stay at the Gateway

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Agra

We would like to express our gratitude for your valuable feedback.

WIith reference to your feedack about the facade of the hotel I would like to inform you that we are planning to uplift the facade in near future
I would also like to inform you that your appreciation for our services has been shared with the entire hotel team and this will motivate us to further increase our service standards in order to make your future visits more comfortable and delightful.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Rooms are old, but spacious. You can really view the taj from the front rooms, but windows are dirty, so not a really good view. Breakfast spread and a la carte dinner were good. Location is good, but not within walking distance to Taj Mahal. The driver who took us to Delhi very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear Sir

Greetings from Agra

We would like to thank you for your words of appreciation about the food and beverage services of the hotel.

We would like to inform you that your suggestion about rennovation of rooms is being seriousely looked upon and we would be carring out the rennovation in a phased manner in the coming off season.

Your observation regarding the dirty windows has been taken up with the executive housekeeper and the same is being checked on a daily basis

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I wanted to stay within the proximity of The Taj! hence chose this beautiful property. Our room was extremely spacious & clean, very courteous staff & good service. The food was quite good, lovely breakfast spread. The only thing which disappointed me was the Taj view! though we had booked Superior Taj view room on the 5th floor, Taj was not visible :( But on the whole had a good stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PriyankaP407

Greetings from Agra

With reference to your feedback I would like to inform you that your appreciation has been shared with Ms Chandni at the front desk . we have also shared your positive feedback with the spa team this will motivate them to further increase the service standards in order to make your future visits more comfortable and delightful.

I have also taken into account the feedback about our coffee shop gad and have shared your concerns with the executive chef who is taking corrective action in this regard.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

After one disappointing night at the Jaypee we moved to the Gateway. The Gateway is head and shoulders above the Jaypee.
Our room had a nice view of the Taj Mahal, which of course is the main reason for the trip to Agra.
Breakfast was superb, with lots of local dishes. The chef gave us a tour of the kitchen, explained the spices they were using and their cooking methods.
Great experience overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with a Taj view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Greetings from Agra
With reference to your feedback I would like to inform you that your appreciation for our services has been shared especially for the chef and the kitchen team and this will motivate them to further increase our f & b standards in order to make your future visits more comfortable and delightful.

I look forward to welcome you back at the Gateway hotel Agra