“One of the poorest service I've ever ecountered in a restaurant.”
Review of Hotel Marina

Hotel Marina
Ranked #100 of 145 Hotels in Agra
Agra, India
“One of the poorest service I've ever ecountered in a restaurant.”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I am a guest at this hotel, and had a buffet dinner in The Olive Garden restaurant on 16 Dec at 7:30pm. The staff seemed totally indifferent to guests. In the 30 minutes that I was having my dinner, not one of the idling staff poured me a glass of water or cleared my table, even though there were less than 10 people dining there at the time.

The same indifference was repeated at breakfast the next day. Not one of the staff flash a smile at the guests. No tea or coffee was offered to me during breakfast.

The food and service at the restaurant was terrible. When I requested for a feedback form at the front desk, the staff could not find one. The room I had was also old. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Don't stay here. Unless you enjoy hearing traffic and blaring horns througho...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
Bangkok
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel obviously caters to tour groups. The room was disappointing. I couldn't even bare to touch the remote control in the TV as it was coated with dust and dirt and looks like it hasn't been cleaned in ages. The shower was hardly working well my mum and I could barely get a proper shower. The food at the coffee house was terrible. The manager at the front office had promised me a dongle for wifi but when I came down to get it he said they were all taken up. Not impressed with this hotel, we would never stay here again.

Stayed December 2013

Travellers are raving about these Agra hotels

new york
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is not a 4star hotel at all. We chose a land tour with supposedly 4 star hotels for the Golden Triangle. This was the hotel for Agra. I was surprised when I entered the room because it smelled musty and the water also had a peculiar smell. We arrived so late and tired from the tour, and the last thing to think about is to complain. The airconditioner was not working on the first night. The second night , we were moved to a more expensive room they say, but then the smell is still there.
Food and the dining room service are way below a 4 star accomodation. The Hotel may have been a very grand hotel in the past, and may be under new management. It needs a lot of remodelling. The bathroom has cracked tiles and the floor looks dirty because it is old already.
I should have complained on the very first night.
The only thing I liked in this hotel is the small boutiques at the lobby where we did a lot of shopping.

Room Tip: When you travel, make sure to look up the information in the Internet first so that you will not get...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Noida, India
Reviewed 11 November 2013

It was my first trip to Agra and was planned in a little rush! I am from Delhi and planned this trip day before the travel date. I called up the hotel reception and confirmed the rates@3700+taxes per night for two. Sounded like a good deal to me and my wife, we decided to confirm and stay at this place. I reached hotel around 8:30PM and there was no welcome drink as such which was promised. Though it was not a big deal, but still something committed from the hotel staff was missing. The room provided to us had pathetic view from the window...backyard lane with houses...nothing special about it!
Room amenities were average, majorily because of the linen provided was stinky which we got changed next day. Only good thing about this hotel was the quality of the food which we ordered via room service. The food was served hot and of good quality. However the breakfast buffet served had really limited options. The quality of the buffet was not good.
This hotel has no tie up with any travel desk and when asked about few locations in the city they were not helpful at all. Also this hotel is 20-25minutes away from major tourist attractions of the city which should be kept in mind while booking.
Overall, our stay at this hotel was average.
Good : Food & Spacious Rooms
Bad : Breakfast Buffet, Reception Staff and overall cleanliness

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the backside
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank svinchi
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Rooms are good. Decor is nice and food served in the default restaurant is good too.
Single occupancy in double room costs 3300 around with taxes. Which is great for a such a well maintained hotel.

Lining forward to come again

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank aayushj2013
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was my first visit to Agra ... and i booked the hotel when i reached the place coz the place i had booked ws nothing as it had appeared in the pics ... newaz i was given a reletebily nice check inn... i heard from people that this property has lost its charm over the years ... i dont think soo it was quite a nice experience the room is quite large with all the amenities u can ask for d bathroom is large too with bathtub equipped the room service is quite prompt n i just loved there sandwiches...the breakfast needs a spl mention as it has one of the best spreads i hv ever had all in all a good stay for the price you pay ....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Reviewed 15 September 2013

After a gap of almost 2 yrs, I thought of staying again in Marina thinking it was a nice Hotel. Things have changed drastically and Marina no longer have same kind of appeal at used to have. Service quality had deteriorated drastically, staff courtesy has gone away. room conditions are getting bad.

Room Tip: Stay on rooms facing park. Do not stay on 1st Floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business