“Lovely hotel near the Taj Mahal!”

Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre Agra
Ranked #8 of 144 Hotels in Agra
“Lovely hotel near the Taj Mahal!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

When we decided to visit Agra and of course Taj Mahal we started to search a good hotel near. And thnx to Tripadvisor we found Jaypee palace! Actually in real life it looks much better then on photos so i was very happy with our choice! Unfortunately there are no room with Taj Mahal view. But it is visible (as they told) from the terrace! The hotel has security on entry gate and as in every 5 star hotel they are checking car and bags))) anyway it feels safer...The hotel is very beautifully designed and hygienic. I was nonstop clicking my camera)) Staff is also nice but i want to share one negative point which deeply insulted me. We are a couple but we are not officially married. But it was never a problem anywhere. Room in this hotel booked our friend for us. So when we came, in reception staff met us with smiles etc and we went to room where our luggage was there already and our IDs we gave to reception as well. So just imagine you are trying to relax, making coffee after a long journey Jaipur to Agra and suddenly you are getting a call from reception and they are telling you that you should pack your bags and go away only becoz you are not married couple! They told it is policy but nowhere it is mentioned. I felt really really bad! After that they apologised but it didn't bring back my good mood. Also our breakfast was included in our package but it seems they didn't care and took money.......

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotels_Jaypee, General Manager at Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre Agra, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We note with regret the inconvenience you have had during your stay with us. Please accept our apology.

The issue has been addressed with concerned department manager and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual high standards.

We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

My team and I would be happy to facilitate it, and look forward to welcoming you at Jaypee Palace Hotel and Convention Centre Agra soon.

Hari Sukumar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We spent our weekend of 27th June at Jaypee and the entire experience from the reception desk to check out was a delight! The entire staff is focused on making sure that your stay is comfortable and happy and there are so many "delight" factors that keeping popping throughout the stay! I have stayed at the property in the past also and felt that there were no surprises to expect but I was so wrong..the hotel and the staff refreshed my memory and the reasons why this is our preferred destination to relax!

Room Tip: Choose rooms on level 1 facing the greens close to the pool & spa
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank rathesun10
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your precious time out to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us. This is the best motivation we can use.

We value your patronage and I will be glad to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Hope to welcome you back soon at Jaypee Palace Hotel and Convention Centre Agra.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed there with my family. The welcome at the hotel was impressive and all the staff was very welcoming and friendly. Everyone welcomed with smiles on their faces. The staff was very helpful and ready to help in case of any requirement. The hotel is beautifully built. The lobby is awesome. The corridors of the hotel are even better nicely done up by beautiful Mughal paintings and handicrafts. The rooms are very spacious. Overall, a wonderful and memorable experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rakeshcmc
Hotels_Jaypee, General Manager at Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre Agra, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement.

Agra, India
Reviewed 27 June 2014

well it was sat the 21st june me n my friend planned a stay in jaypee hotel agra . i made a reservation and a very good rate was offered to me and then i made a request for an early check in as we were coming quite early in the morning before the normal check in time . the hotel staff agreed for an early check in.
check in was done by Mr. Abhisai and the check in was very smoothly done without any delay the room was really well maintained with great interiors.
But after staying there for 4 hours we encountered some emergency and needed to checkout at that very moment . i went down to meet the duty manager for some consensation in the rates as it was now a day use room . There i met Mr. Anuj Dixit in the lobby and shared my problem he agreed to help me and did the needful as he offered me compensation on the rate . i reall wanna take this opportunity to thank Mr. Anuj for his help and thanks to the entire hotel staff for such lovely welcome...
Jaypee hotel agra is worth going once if u are visiting agra .
Cheers to the staff espically Mr. Anuj

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Mark S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most encouraging feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us and are grateful for the lovely appreciation towards our valuable staff members. This is the best motivation we can use.

I will be happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Ghaziabad, India
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a true luxury. Location wise place is very good. The entire exterior made by red stone bcoz of that property looks royal. Restaurant is very nice and food quality is excellent. But at the time of breakfast its overcrowded. Corridors are neat and clean and fully AC.
Room are well maintained also view from room very nice. Staff is very helpful. Value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PuneetKG
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us and would be happy to share it with our team. This is the best motivation we can use.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We went here for our office offsite and we were treated like royalty. the hotel is majestic and gives you a palatial feel. The gym is well equipped. the poolside is an eye-soother. the food is good, the staff is courteous. All in all everything about the hotel is wow.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AditiM0112
Hotels_Jaypee, General Manager at Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre Agra, responded to this review, 21 June 2014

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This is a very good 5 star hotel property located in Agra barely 2 kms from the magnificent Taj Mahal. The rooms are good size, with decent attention to detail. The corridors of the hotel are even better nicely done up by beautiful moghul paintings and handicraft. The pool is nice and so is its Spa and the health club. Try the Beijing Duck in their Chinese Restaurant with a glass of white wine. Its really nice and the staff that prepares it before you, is particularly trying his level best that you like and appreciate it and thus gives it that extra bit. Their service is particularly polite and reasonably efficient. The property is a beautiful one to just walk around in its gardens and around ponds in peace. The only thing I can point out to them needing attention would be there small sized bath tubs and that their bathrooms doors on the inside in the lower ends need touch ups and better maintenance. Also note if you are like me who looks at 5 star properties as great places to catch up on your 18 hours a day beauty sleep then make sure that you put DND on your door or else an over ambitious staff in wanting to do that extra bit for you tends to disturb you a bit, failing to recognise that there are some who come to Agra to see the Taj and then some to just relax and catch up on their sleep in a 5 star property. I am he latter kinds.But all this is well intentioned I must add. Perhaps freaks like me are a bit rare for them to come accross, who in a 5 day trip to Agra barely get out of their rooms and definitly do not get out of their hotel property for the entire trip and not even to see the Taj. Yes! That's me sometimes. Overall a lovely 5 star property and when in Agra, stay here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo