“5 stars hotel but you must pay for the internet connection”

Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre Agra
Ranked #9 of 147 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed at the Jaypee Palace during our journey in India only one night. The hotel is of course nice, there is gym, a spa and a pool which are nice. However, the rooms in the first floor are near the garden, therefore during monsoon season there is a strong humidity smell. Moreover, the buffet restaurant is nice, however the cook that prepared fresh noodles rudely did not allowed me to have any extra soy sauce. The worst thing is that the hotel doesn't provide to its costumers free internet but you have to pay something like 600 Rps/day, which is very expensive compared to the average prices in India.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ludosfu_10
Hotels_Jaypee, General Manager at Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We note with regret the negative experience you have had during your dining at the Grand Buffet Restaurant. Please accept our apology.

The issue has been addressed with concerned team member and we request you to treat this as an exception to our usual high standards.

We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

My team and I would be happy to facilitate it, and look forward to welcoming you at Jaypee Palace Hotel and Convention Centre Agra soon.

Hari Sukumar

Write a ReviewReviews (2,409)

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Immaculate massive property. But the irony was that service was very substandard. You are supposed to search your luggage by yourself.
Being a convention center also, the property is marked by high number of bookings and the people were not able to or I can say were not trained for handling such type of loads.
I asked a housekeeper why this was so, i got an answer that the manpower was taken from a nearby Hotel Management Institute.
Being a massive size hotel you seem to get puzzled in locating your room even though the signages are provided everywhere.
during check out also, there was only one person checking out all the guests.
I strongly believe that they should do something to take care of otherwise an excellent property.
It was not a good experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rahoolgupta

Dear Guest,

We note with regret the negative experience you have had during the check out services. Please accept our apology.

The issue has been expedited with the concerned department and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual high service standards.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed at Jaypee, Agra with family and it was a great experience but the best came at most unexpected location – Gym, where the Instructor Mr. Sarvesh Sharma was extremely courteous & offered me a 15 min stretching exercise, which was really relaxing & reinvigorated me towards my fitness

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aPankaj

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your generous feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We are delighted to read your positive reviews about our gym trainer Mr. Sharma and would be glad to share it with our team. This is the best motivation we can use.

I will be happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Hope to welcome you back soon at Jaypee Palace Hotel and Convention Centre Agra.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Everything is 5 star qualities except the behaviour of the staff. Waiters behaviour was like small town's average hotel.
They all were rude.
Otherwise rooms, location, service, are excellent. Madhusudan

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MadhuSudanvij
Hotels_Jaypee, General Manager at Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We note with regret the negative experience you have had with our staff. Please accept our apology and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual high standards.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

It is a fine hotel with plenty of facilities for almost any person belonging to any age group. It has a nice swimming pool, a gaming arcade, plenty of space to walk around and some excellent restaurants! Though for all of this one needs to shell out a lot too!
Do try the chinese cuisine served at their restaurants! The desserts served later are great too.
Rooms are upto the standards of a fine hotel. But i really think that one shouldn't spend much time over there.

1  Thank Vishwanath656

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us and would be glad to share it with our team members. This is the best motivation we can use.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely stay here after long day touring in Agra. Lovely staff and big hotel. Wifi was good though you have to pay for it but it's cheap enough. Didnt get a chance to use the pool. Nice buffet breakfast

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KealanD
Hotels_Jaypee, General Manager at Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your generous review through ourTrip Advisor Website.

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us. This is the best motivation we can use.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

a nice comfortable place----- all the best
have a nice time and a cool holiday--
settled in the hills of uttrakhand--40 kms from dehradun
simple surroundings
health resort
close to jharipani and lots of waterfalls in the surrounding areas

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo