“Nothing spectacular.”
Review of Nirvana Hostel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Agra
Nirvana Hostel
Ranked #58 of 184 Speciality Lodging in Agra
San Francisco, California
“Nothing spectacular.”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

For some strange reason, this hostel has three names: Nirvana Hostel, Hotel Rakesh, and Flying Elephant Hostel. All are the same hotel. Having so many names makes me think this place is shady.

Staff is somewhat friendly but very busy and therefore does not want to help guests. Unlike the Delhi location of Nirvana Hostel, the front desk does not help guests arrange cabs or train tickets. One man, however, did print out a train schedule for me to help me decide how to get to my next destination.

I booked a double room with a friend. There was large window, but it only gave us a view of the dark hallway. The bed was hard and uncomfortable, but I was tired and didn't care. I was happy that the wifi worked in the room. I was grateful for the hot water in the shower, though the water smelled strange. In fact, the bathroom smelled awful too, due to poor ventilation.

The cafe food is bland and simple but affordable. The cafe is also good place to bring your laptop out and sit outside. I did enjoy the chai and lassi.

You can see the Taj from the roof of this hotel/hostel, if the smog and pollution isn't too bad.

My friend and I went on an evening walk but found nothing particularly interesting in the streets surrounding this hotel.

A word of warning: the stairs in this hostel are VERY steep. I nearly fell a few times because I wasn't being careful. If you have trouble climbing steep stairs, I recommend you stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lisa B

Families
Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Don't stay here. Staff are horrid and bathrooms reek. Only good thin is its location, good for sunrise taj! When we arrived thy didn't have our booking and no room in the dorm rooms we had booked. The restaurant had good chai.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bronwyn J

Travellers are raving about these Agra hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This place is not as exciting as they make it appear on their website and I have my doubts about the genuinity of the reviews I have read on the web. There is really nothing special about this place, but it is OK. It is nice that it is close to the Taj Mahal, but so are most of the hotels. The only good thing I can see is that they have a few dorm rooms, so you can easily meet other travelers there If there are any. When I was there there were mainly Indian guests in the place.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo