“Nice shop”

Marble Cottage
Ranked #17 of 59 Shopping in Agra
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Marble Cottage a small Demonstration Factory cum Retail Shopping Store in Agra India Just few Minute Drive By Car From Taj Mahal Gate. Marble Cottage was Established in Agra India in 1974 By Famous and Awarded Artist Late Mohammad Mubin whose Family Belongs to AGHA KHAN From Isfahan From Persian Countries. Today In Marble Cottage You May Found Four Craftsmen just for the Demonstration of the Inlay Art Similar Known as PIETRE DURE on the white Marble,And Here we explain and Demonstrate the Art Free of Cost to the Local or Foreign Travelers. If you would like to Visit our Factory so you may call us or tell us where you stay in Agra so We Pick up you from the Nearest Place. Here in Marble Cottage we make white marble table tops, coaster sets, chess board, tiles, medallions,marble dining table, marble interior art and handmade crafts, marble gifts articles, marble boxes, marble tray, marble plates,marble elephants and some other marble inlay art and handmade products.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great to see how things are made! The store is a nice place to pick up souvenirs. Enjoyed looking around the shop.

All reviews
"stone"
in 4 reviews
"tourists"

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I visited in December 2017 and bought two lovely pieces- unfortunately we had some problems getting the pieces past customs in the Uk, but Mr Mohammad went out of his way to ensure that the pieces were posted back from India again, and ensured that all costs were covered. The pieces are of excellent quality and the customer services was also excellent throughout. I’d recommend this place to anyone, and thanks to Mr Mohammad again for his efforts.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

If you have a good guide for the Taj Mahal... you are in good hands in very good hands! They also help you to make good pictures from you and the Taj. Afterwards they will push you to one of this Shops...we're you could buy Souvenirs. We are here in India - its like a market. If you accept the price in the Shops... you made it wrong and you lose a lot of money. So if you are nice...and talk to the people with a smile you get a good price. We got it... so that's why I can say they are okay. You have to deal with them - then you also have a nice evening. Great Store... with the big selection. Try your luck, it will come.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We were here during our Agra tour. The shop is located very near to Taj Mahal. They showed us various marble works and other handicrafts. The price seemed too expensive compared to the quality of things. Also, the marble of all products did not look genuine. We chose not to buy from here.

marblecottage, Owner at Marble Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear visitor first of all I would like to request you kindly remove this review from My Trip Advisor because you are not visited my marble Cottage there are several shops for marble handicraft in Agra which is similar to my shop so most of the Travellers from the different countries and from various part of India did confused because they don't know the exact name of the shop like as you write in your review that the shop is located very near to Taj Mahal I would like to clarify we are very far from the Taj Mahal,not very close, another thing is I have seen all my invoices there is no person like you who visited my store if you have visited my store kindly show the proof and I would like to request to TripAdvisor kindly remove this review as soon as possible from my property from my TripAdvisor reviews Centre I would like to request to the lady who write about my shop or either this lady she is a competetor,she has rwrote this on behalf of the competition in the market of the business so I would like to request to others Travellers who read this,that this lady haven't been my shop because they didn't know exactly what she write and to whom they want to to write so please please I request you that your one negative review makes my shops down and your good feedback it's going to make my shop up so we always need a good review just because we trust om our quality we trust on our prices and we hope to give as well as in the future these qualities and services so I would like to request to TripAdvisor kindly remove this review from my management center .....and take action..