“One night was enough”

Ranked #36 of 143 Hotels in Agra
Toronto, Canada
“One night was enough”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Had pre-paid entrance ticket to Taj Mahal at the hotel to which they seemed confused about. So I had to pay myself in the Taj Mahal and they were meant to reimburse me the next day. The next day I had to wait and talk to two different people to get my money back to which the boss couldn't even care less, and they still just gave me a random amount and told me to have a nice day. Guys in the dining room are cool but front of the house wouldn't lift a finger for you. Room was small but okay. Location is like you are in the middle of nowhere.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Brendan M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Watersmeet, Michigan
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My cousin and I were recently on a trip to India 2/24-3/6/14 and stayed in Agra for two nights. I booked this hotel months in advance and knew it was going to be a little cheaper than some of the hotels we were staying in. The website pictures are nothing like the real deal. Our driver dropped us off at the hotel (the hotel is down a road off the main road and isn't guarded or fenced like some of the other hotels). We looked around and thought, Oh my. They took us to the room and it was very dirty. The sheets had human hair and the floor and carpet were dirty. We didn't even want to take off our shoes. The hotel does not have a spa like it says and the bathroom has no shower, just a hose. Now if we were poor, I still would not stay here. We called our driver back to the hotel and asked him to take us to another hotel. The hotel manager of the Taj Galaxy tried to accommodate us to another room, but it wasn't any better. They just don't take care of this hotel. No bottled water in the rooms. No amenities what so ever! We didn't ask for a refund. We just got the heck out of there. We stayed at hotel a block away for 80 dollars a night. It was luxury compared to this place. Don't do it! I noticed a sign on the door for Trip Advisor and it should be ashamed themselves for not taking better care of their property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Jamie F
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Friendly staff, very compact rooms, bathrooms extremely compact. We did not have an outside window and it seemed as if the plumbing system for the hotel ran through a central column in our bathroom, consequently lots of water sounds heard. Unfortunately, there were also some nasty drain smells, too.
A large, young group arrived on our second night who were extremely noisy. Although they were 2 floors up, their sounds travelled far and wide and for a long time into the night.

Room Tip: Hard to say, just don't go with big suitcases and try and avoid ones with the central plumbing.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jackie H
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were group of 4 friends travelling to Agra. We thought to check if we all can stay in 1 room, on expedia we saw this hotel allowing 4 people in a room. Looking at the picture of room ( which looked decent size , with two beds ), I booked the room.
I requested extra beds mentioning that we are four at the time of booking and late check in.
When we reached we were really disappointed to see a small room with 1 double bed (completely opposite from what we saw in pictures while booking). However hotel gave us two extra folding beds .
Room was clean , bathroom was small, but also clean.
I suggested to avoid this hotel because of its very poor room service and below average food , complimentary breakfast has very small menu and not good.
I stayed for 1 night on 22 Dec. 13 in room 104.(I have attached the copy of my booking confirmation copy in photos)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank nrjsingh
Jodhpur, India
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This hotel is advertised as brand new but it looks 15 years aged.

The hotel rooms dont have outside windows, instead they have a small window looking into an internal dark corridor.

Dirty rooms, bad service, bad food.

This hotel has deals with travel agencies that rip off tourists they advertise a high rate however the cost to the agency is lesser so when you look online you think you are getting your moneys worth. If an agency does book this hotel it is likely the rest of your hotels are of a similar standard.

Don't use 'INDIA TOURISM AND TRAVEL SERVICES, 103 SCINDIA HOUSE, CONNAUGHT CIRCLE'

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank knightnz
Jaipur, India
Reviewed 14 December 2013

we don't get room /facilities as shown or offered on website so when we check in we find our self cheated. food prices are too much. breakfast is not up to the standard.the staff is helpful and nice. will never return to this hotel there are so many other good options in Agra.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank arunjpr
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This place is terrible. The hotel is relatively new but it shows clear signs of falling apart. The room was 4 sq meter big, the window could not be opened, the toilet was dirty, humid, stinky and with a hole in the ceiling that gave us the chance to hear those who used their facilities the floor above us. Staff is quite unfriendly, breakfast only decent. There are definitely better places to stay in Agra.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple