Last minute change from my travel agency because the place I was supposed to go to had a big wedding function (????). The only thing I like about this hotel is that the rooftop pool and the view is amazing. Other than that:
1. Room service and breakfast buffet food is terrible. I didn't really have a choice since I was dead tired and didn't want to die of starvation
2. Only in Agra I've experienced people demanding for tips. Oh you brought my plate of reheated chicken and fries up as expected? Cool story bro. I'd rather give tips on my own accord rather than being told that I have to
3. From previous experience any room service tray should be called to be collected. I did that, he said he'll be up, and never showed. In the morning I left it out my door. Went sightseeing and came back 3 hours later.....it was still there. Wish I could take my tip back from the night before
4. Don't forget your toothbrush and toothpaste. Surprise! They don't supply those
5. Clear glass bathroom walls that face the beds are all the rage nowadays. They might want to check the functionality of the blinds periodically. Not that I bothered since I was alone, but still....
My experience in the room is not like a hotel room but more akin to sleeping over someone's guest room. I'm consider myself to be quite easy-going but the quality of this hotel leaves very little for me to write home about. Glad I was travelling alone because if I was with my wife, she'd rip me to shreds for booking this hotel.
The only thing people would say after staying here is ".......hey, at least it's really near the Taj."
Glad I was here for only 1 night. I rated this place Average, and I'm being REALLY modest here....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate in proficiency awaits you at the city of Taj Mahal as you plan and host your holidays, recreation and business trip. It is a boutique hotel at Agra and combines profit with pleasure, style with substance and form with function. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Hotel Atulyaa Taj reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.