“Besides the rooftop pool....NOPE”
Review of Hotel Atulyaa Taj

Hotel Atulyaa Taj
Ranked #19 of 145 Hotels in Agra
Singapore, Singapore
“Besides the rooftop pool....NOPE”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Last minute change from my travel agency because the place I was supposed to go to had a big wedding function (????). The only thing I like about this hotel is that the rooftop pool and the view is amazing. Other than that:

1. Room service and breakfast buffet food is terrible. I didn't really have a choice since I was dead tired and didn't want to die of starvation
2. Only in Agra I've experienced people demanding for tips. Oh you brought my plate of reheated chicken and fries up as expected? Cool story bro. I'd rather give tips on my own accord rather than being told that I have to
3. From previous experience any room service tray should be called to be collected. I did that, he said he'll be up, and never showed. In the morning I left it out my door. Went sightseeing and came back 3 hours later.....it was still there. Wish I could take my tip back from the night before
4. Don't forget your toothbrush and toothpaste. Surprise! They don't supply those
5. Clear glass bathroom walls that face the beds are all the rage nowadays. They might want to check the functionality of the blinds periodically. Not that I bothered since I was alone, but still....

My experience in the room is not like a hotel room but more akin to sleeping over someone's guest room. I'm consider myself to be quite easy-going but the quality of this hotel leaves very little for me to write home about. Glad I was travelling alone because if I was with my wife, she'd rip me to shreds for booking this hotel.

The only thing people would say after staying here is ".......hey, at least it's really near the Taj."

Glad I was here for only 1 night. I rated this place Average, and I'm being REALLY modest here....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank heyzahir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

There are some drawbacks about the hotel, I.e. rather amateur staff who were very willing but in need a training, & perhaps a few more cleaners, but the pool was very good on the roof as was the view of the taj and the food was more than ok, in fact good! The front desk was very helpful. Close ti east gate of taj. Hint to hotel: There is no need to have loud Indian pop videos or soaps playing during breakfast non-stop !

3 Thank Stephen B
PadamChaudhary, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Atulyaa Taj, responded to this review, 17 November 2015
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to write your comments about how was your stay in our hotel,
We are glad to see that our hotel meet your expectations and you had a pleasant stay.
We try our best to provide a high standard of customer service so for this reason we are happy that our team was helpful.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Hotel is at walking distance from Taj Mahal and they can make the arrangment for tickets on request which saves you time... cherry on the pei is rooftop pool, view of Taj and the food is also good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Anshul_Alisha
scmgpl
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Got a Good deal for our Group of Cousins on a N.India Trip.After the drive on a rickety tempo Traveller and a visit to the Taj Mahal,the best thing that could have happened was this hotel with great beds,Good Shower but an over priced restaurant that serves OK quality food.Everybody was very tired to realise that.The Swimming pool on the top had the Kids enjoying in the morning but the Breakfast was so-so.
Would recommend this everybody just for the stay and please eat outside as there are better options.As we were driving to ranthambore in the afternoon,didnt go out looking for places to eat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ashokscm

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We chose this hotel based on tripadvisor comments and we have become big fans of this place. Special mention of Front Office always pleasant with big smiles, very accommodating and courteous, they became people we looked forward to meeting everytime we set foot in the hotel..almost like family
The Hotel is just a foot away from Taj Mahal.the The Hotel is quiet and clean. Simplicity at its best :)
The rooms are clean and have very, very comfortable beds. Free wifi even in the rooms is a big plus point. Great breakfast, The staff were very pleasant and accommodating. It felt like home away from home. Two thumbs up!! Personal recommendation! Will definitely be back on my next trip to Agra :)

Room Tip: Rooms on high floor
1 Thank Ravishukla
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review of Hotel Atulyaa Taj. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Padam Chaudhary
Guest Relations Manager
New Germany, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, hotel Atulyaa Taj is wonderful place for the guest to the Taj Mahal only 500 km approx (walking distance). our rooms was comfortable, with tea, coffee facilities and good shower in bathroom with round the clock hot water.

Front desk was excellent and took only 3 minutes to our check in. our rooms on 2nd floor and have enough space, clean,
hygienic and well maintained. breakfast was very good and specially live omelet. staff was very helpful and courteous.

All in all, the most luxurious hotel in Agra, a good hotel with all the amenities and clean spacious rooms and you can also
enjoy the rooftop outdoor pool……

Room Tip: Try to get a room on higher floor for see the Taj View.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Glenn e

Bengbu, China
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Pros: good location, smelly rooms, very expencive, poor wifi, service is ok.
Cons: the whole place smells like overboiled eggs. The corridor, the lift, the room. It seems to come up through the drains. Once we closed the toilet lid and door it was mildly better, but still pretty gross. The food in the restaurant is pretty expensive and pretty terrible.

Room Tip: Dont stay here !!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo