“Pretty disappointing”
Review of Hotel Atulyaa Taj

Hotel Atulyaa Taj
Ranked #19 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We chose this place because it was so close to the Taj Mahal but really we should have opted for something better that was a short taxi ride away... The review is poor because we complained about the air conditioning not working in our room (that's fair enough because this is India after all and not everything goes to plan) but we were told to wait 10 mins and it would be working on 4 separate occasions, my wife asked for a different room but she was told the hotel was full. When I complained after the 4th time we were moved to the room next door which was free!!!! Not impressed with being lied to....
The hotel itself was not quite the same standard as other hotels we have booked on our tour for the same sort of price either.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank njp120367
PadamChaudhary, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Atulyaa Taj, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am most concerned to read your feedback regarding the disappointment you encountered on this particular stay at our hotel. Please allow to apologise for the inconvenience caused. It is our constant endeavour to ensure that our guests are comfortable in every regard and in this instance I deeply regret that we have disappointed you. Your comments have been discussed with our team at length and we will ensure that we work upon preventing similar occurrences in the future.

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback. We believe that it is only by working upon the same that we can achieve the highest levels of service our guests rightly expect from us.

We sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Atulyaa Taj

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at Hotel Atulyaa Taj on the 26th July 14' in the Deluxe Room Category. The stay experience was awesome. Right from by reservation experience to the Check out was handled very efficiently by Padam Chaudhry. Padam is very hospitable and assisted on every single need in the hotel. The rooms are not too small as we taught but had all basic amenities a traveler would expect. The food is really good, but the cutlery & crockery cleanliness need to be improve. Do not miss out to experience their roof top pool and a elegant view of Taj Mahal from their roof top restaurant. The staff is really friendly and helpful. On the whole a great weekend experience.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the lobby level.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NikRulz

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Atulyaa Taj and for taking time out of your busy schedule to review us on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The panoramic view of the monument from roof top restaurant does indeed set the mood for a memorable stay in the City of the Taj. Convenient access to the historical landmark at any time of day, make sure that the Taj Mahal is just a thought away.

Your detailed feedback regarding the different aspects of the hotel is much appreciated. We believe that your feedback is essential for us to constantly evaluate our product and services, in order to maintain the highest standards of service our guests rightly expect from us.

I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was check in at 11 am date 23.07.14 in Room 103 then i was connect my internet, internet Network was not available there then i was change my room 2nd floor room no. 301 there are problem in AC, then i make a call reception please check the he rply me after some time your room will cold then i wait after some time i make call he again reply wait some time again same problem night 12 mid night maintenance staff told me yes some problem is in this room, you on your fan and go to sleep, then i make call to Reception then he told me yes there are some problem but i have not any room vacant so you stay in this room otherwise i have 1 room in ground floor but Your mobile & Internet will close if you want to change then i will change, i accept ok my mobile & Internet will close but i will sleep properly then i change my room and shift room 106, here is also ac was not work properly then i call reception and come his maintenance staff and told me cooling is good. if you want stay here other go to out side.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MohdRashid123

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am concerned to read your feedback regarding maintenance and upkeep in some areas of the hotel. Please allow me to assure you that this is an aberration and not the standard we hold ourselves to. Your comments have been shared with the concerned teams and will be addressed immediately. Your feedback regarding the Air Conditioning has also been discussed, and we are working towards improving on the same. We truly appreciate your detailed feedback as we believe that it is only by working on feedback received from our guests that we can keep improving on our products and services.

I regret that in this instance we were not able to achieve the desired experience. We will certainly strive harder towards attaining the highest levels of guest service which our guests rightly expect from us.

I hope that we will get another opportunity to serve you in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The staff is gud.. but we reached der at night and the GM has talk so rudely to us,, he didnt help us to reach his hotel. Moreover, I made two special requests at the time of booking though so such things were happened. I think overall the hotel is not worthful at all. The AC didnt perform well. i call the maintenance boy 4 times at night... I didnt slept for whole night... Thats pathetic... i must say...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
6  Thank Himanshu W
PadamChaudhary, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Atulyaa Taj, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2014

Dear Guest,

It was with regret that I read your report on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Hotel Atulyaa Taj

I have taken note of all the concerns you have raised I am so sorry your visit fell short of your expectations. Please be assured that teams have been briefed and your feedback has been taken most seriously. We at hotel Atulyaa taj rely on genuine guest feedback to improve and deliver the service expected out of us.

I do hope that in time you will allow us the opportunity to make amends and restore your faith in The Oberoi Amarvilas.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Rooms are clean and not too small. Waiters are always available to assist you. The dinner on the rooftop restaurants with the heavenly view is excellent. just feel free to ask their assist. I am not quite sure about that but I heard.

Room Tip: Just feel free to ask.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
PadamChaudhary, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Atulyaa Taj, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Dear guest

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are really glad to see you had a pleasant stay with us and you enjoyed our improvements.
We are here for our guests and your feedback for our service makes us feel proud and happy. I will pass this to my team and i am sure they will be happy to see that their service are appreciated.
We are looking forward to see you again.

Kind Regards
Padam chaudhary
Guest relation manager

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel is new hence its clean and cosy. Rooms are not too small, with a big bed. We got the triple room, the bathroom was nice and clean but the water pressure was not too good especially early in the morning.
There is a rooftop restaurant with a beautiful view of the Taj Mahal. Gorgeous. There is a rooftop pool as well,
The bed in the room were comfortable and the pillows were good.
WiFi was available, slow but ok.
Had dinner at the hotel restaurant. food was good and reasonably priced.
Breakfast provided was simple but good. Coffee needs to be stronger.
Service was pleasant.

Room Tip: Do go up to the rooftop.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and sharing your opinion with us. We are glad that your stay was great and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Padam chaudhary

Guest relation manager

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed for three days in May'14 with wife and daughter. Rooms are clean and pretty comfortable. A bit on the smaller side but at these prices, quite O.K. Good location. Very near to Taj. Staff are very courteous and attended to calls promptly. Free WiFi is an added boon.
The Roof top pool is the best part , especially during evening hours. Direct view of Taj adds a few points too. Food is great even though the break fast would ,definitely, need improvement if western guests are to be attracted.
On the negative; the "Bar" is really quite dysfunctional!! Don't really know why it is advertized!! The complementary toiletries are of poor quality. Also finding our way to the place was rather difficult as there were no signs /indicators along the way.
Over all, a very pleasant and comfortable place to stay with medium budgets and family.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the ground floor as all the view that you will get is of the hotel wall and the staff...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family