Hotel Pushp Villa
US$70
US$12
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
All reviewsrevolving restaurantintrepid tourwi fitop floorcomfortable roomclean hotelbudget hoteldecent hotelnice stayfood qualitycourteous staffswimming pooldomerooftophospitalitymr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2011

It's a one night stay but a very pleasant one. after a 4 hour drive from delhi, the sight of the hotel itself is a life saver. small but modern, it is clean, shiny, and new.

Staff were very polite and helpful. the room is nicely spaced out, though a bit dusty, it is generally clean. Do not expect squeky sparkling clean interiors like you would find in western hotels, but for indian 3star standards, this is heavenly.

Location is perfect too, very near to the eastern gate of taj mahal, this hotel serves its purpose well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NesRobson
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My mom and I visited New Delhi, Jaipur and Agra last August 2011 and I must say that this was my favorite hotel during the trip.

A friendly receptionist welcomed and escorted us up to the room. The lobby was clean though they were many people passing by because of a party in the basement. There were cookies and fruits inside the room when we arrived which is nice in welcoming the guests. Even categorized as a budget hotel, the room was nice and quite spacious. Additional pillows and hair dryer are available free of charge upon request.

The hotel is situated in a peaceful area wherein you can relax. There are two malls located about 100m from the hotel. One of the malls has McDonald's which is available until 11PM so you can just walk by if authentic indian foods doesn't suit your taste buds. A hotel staff can buy the food if you request to. Room service is also available. We tried their chicken drumsticks and noodles and it was delicious!

A party was taking place in the basement when we arrived which made the lobby quite noisy. If they have soundproofed walls, maybe it would be better. Wifi is only available in the lobby but the connection was really bad.

Buffet breakfast is available on Sunday morning but the following day, we were offered to choose in their breakfast menu. Staffs in the seventh floor were SUPERB! They were friendly, approachable and can give informations when being asked. I commend Mr. Shakeel and the man with nice eyes (I guess he's the supervisor) for the genuine smile and perfect service that they offer. They give best useful tips for tourists. A petite man in the lobby who helps in carrying the luggage and mops the lobby floor at times also give exceptional service.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Its an old hotel. When i was there, the lift broke down and attempts to repair was taken minimally. The restaurant is in the 7th floor and its the revolving type with the so called view of the Taj Mahal. Well, the sillhoutte of Taj Mahal could be seen, nothing more than that. I prefer the restaurant not to revolve due to the unpleasant sound from the motor.

The location is away from the city proper. Quite and good for resting. I had good exercise climbing up stairs for the meals. The food is ok.

The staffs are pleasant and helpful. No WIFI in the room but available for free in the lobby. Connection was bad.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank drnara
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We decided to drive down to Agra during the Dussehra holidays and had a prior booking for Deedar-E-Taj through a voucher where we got a hefty discount. The first thing I noticed when I got there was it was now called 'Pushp Villa'. Check-in was quick and we freshened up and again drove off to see the sights and sounds of Agra - a city that does not disappoint the avid traveller. We were out most of the day - moved out really early in the morning (recommended to see the Taj when dawn breaks - stunning) and in three days covered all the monuments of Agra & nearby Fatehpur Sikri.

The hotel itself was very basic - but satisfied our needs as we basically wanted a landing pad to retire to after a hectic day of sightseeing. The ac worked fine while we were there and the staff were pretty responsvie. I realised on the day of our early morning visit to the Taj that I had left my shaving kit at home and put in a request for one at almost 3 in the morning - didn't expect much but lo and behold a razor appeared and I managed to view the Taj looking neat and tidy.

The location of the Hotel is really fantastic - walking distance from the Taj (for my age) - we walked over in the early morning to the ticket counter near the East gate of the Taj to buy the tickets and they had this small electric car that took us right up to the gates. I noticed when we checked in that you can view the Taj from certain rooms facing the Taj as well as from the revolving restaurant at the top of the hotel - my kids really enjoyed that.

All in all a nice experience and good value since we paid less that two thirds the rack rates (because of the voucher).

Room Tip: They've got these lovely rooms on the upper floors that face the Taj and you can marvel at the beautiful monument through the day.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank stanleyfernandez
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I've stayed at the Pushp Villa three different times over three years. The staff is always courteous and helpful. The rooms are nice and pretty clean, especially compared to other places in India. They are not fancy or luxurious but if you want luxury in Agra you have to pay a whole lot more. The restaurant on the roof is quite good for the most part. Don't expect a great view of the Taj Mahal from your room although a few rooms do have good views. There is wi-fi but it works best only in the lobby. To me the worst part of this hotel is that it is not in a central shopping location - there is one mall nearby but it is sparse. Nonetheless I have no problems with staying in this hotel again. I booked this hotel through my Indian travel partner, Leisure Tours of Central India. I would recommend this outfit because they are very helpful and professional.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business