“Nice quaint accom”
Review of Sonar Haveli

Sonar Haveli
Ranked #54 of 205 Agra B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Freshly prepared food all day round with good tour services. The owners made the three of us felt right at home. More than that, they are very knowledgeable about India as a whole. Really appreciate all the help given.

• Stayed: June 2014
There are newer reviews for Sonar Haveli

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in june with Marc and his cousin as our host.

10 minutes ride from the Agra train station, and we arrived at the hostel.

We met the most hospitable host ever(at our point of travel), which told us alot about the culture and the origins of the city, as well as the true meaning of the Taj Mahal.

We had a sumptious dinner which was really tasty and we headed to our rooms which was well furnished with AC.

Mutton lunch the next day was the best mutton I've ever had. Well seasoned and full of flavor.

They then provided a free tuktuk service back to the train station.

Very much satisfied with the great service. Make sure to come to Sonar Haveli!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I'd planned a one day trip to Agra. I ended up staying for three nights. Sonar Havelli was just I needed to relax and enjoyed India. The accommodation was spotless with spacious rooms and excellent bathrooms facilities. The location was great, down a small quite street within walking distance to Taj Mahal.
This is a delightful place to stay with attentive staff. They are ready to help with any request. My favorite area was the meditation room, such a lovely experience. A quiet place with a beautiful music.
Thank you everyone for making my trip sensational.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This place is like you are in home, friendly, peaceful and relax. Everything is always clean. The people and the service is amazing. I really enjoy mi time in this pleace, if you are planning to come Agra, this is all you need :-). Thanks so much for everything!

Room Tip: Like home.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

im stay in sonar haveli in agra it was very nice and clean room with fully airconditions and staff was very frindly and help me lot i meet also in marc he give a lot of free travel infomations so im very happy with nice place to stay and good service its home stay like feel like your home

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was my first trip to Agra as a solo female traveler. So I was nervous before going, but there was no need to be! Sonar Haveli is a lovely hotel, very clean and well maintained (rare in India in budget hotels!). The price for the rooms is very good value for money as they are spacious, the AC is good and they are attractively presented. The whole hotel is very nicely decorated and is described as a "home away from home" which I found to be true. The place is very safe and is in a quiet place in Agra, but still only a short walk away from rickshaws. There were clean, nice towels and the bedding was freshly laundered.

The staff looked after me and gave me a lot of help planning my trip and really made my time in Agra very pleasant. Especially Mark who took me on a tour to Fatepur Sikri (well worth a visit) with his tour company Taj India Trip which I'd highly recommend. Their driver Raj is a very safe driver, friendly and knowleable and speaks good English. You couldn't wish for any better if you are looking for someone to take you around.

The hotel sells good food which is all home cooked and has large portions. The hotel had an auto rickshaw pick me up from the train station. True to their word the driver was waiting for me with a sign with my name on which was very re-assuring. I booked the same driver - Prem - for a tour of Agra for the day in his Rickshaw. If you don't want an AC car and want to travel only in Agra then you can't find better than Prem who speaks good English and explains the process for you at each monument to make visiting the city as a tourist relatively hassle free.

The atmosphere in the hotel was relaxed and friendly. I am very happy that I chose to stay there and would recommend it highly to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms are pleasant with good AC and they are clean and safe. You will sleep well even if you room fa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Sonar Haveli for 2 nights whilst visiting Agra. We were met with flowers,smiles and a delicious dinner under the stars in the private courtyard. What made the stay special was the friendly and helpful team. Thank you to Anil, the happy cook and cheeky Mark who also helped organize our ongoing travel arrangements.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends