Hotel Sakura
US$54
US$527
All reviewspleasant stayconvenient locationindiatajfoyer
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I arrived for one night in agra. The room was well suited for my needs and at a Reasonable price.
Mr. Ramu helped me very much with transportation and and what to do in the city.
My train was delayed by 4 hours and the guys hosted me for the time waiting...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Ofir A
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Super close to the train station! Rooms were tidy and comfortable, bathroom could have done with an extra cleaning and toilets flush poorly. The rooftop was great, cheap and good food. Staff were really great, attentive but not pushy. The manager was super helpful, he helped is with our train tickets, organized drivers and organized day trips for us. Mosquitos were a problem but they did provide us with coils and bug repellant when we asked which solved the problem.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Charli F
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Liked the hotel, gave us a room almost on arrival. The room was small but the service was excellent. They warmed up our food well past midnight. The manager was very helpful. The great thing about the hotel is the price and excellent service!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Arka_Dutta
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is one of the more convenient budget options in Agra. It's quite close to Cantonment and Idgah railways stations, and almost next door to Idgah bus stand. It makes arrival, departure, and day trips (eg to Fatehpur Sikri) super easy, and the slightly greater distance to Agra's own sights is not a big issue, with autorickshaws easy to catch on the main road.

It's a budget option so you don't get much, although rooms are clean and comfortable enough, with hot water and western toilets. The internet terminal in the lobby went through phases of connection and disconnection. The staff are very attentive and helpful (at one point, the manager loaned me Rs200 without question, as I had to pay an auto and had no change) and gave me good advice on where to go to get things I needed, and how to get to places I wanted to go.

The "terrace restaurant" is just a balcony corridor facing the street, which with traffic noise and Agra's unhealthy miasma of fumes and dust, isn't the most pleasant place to eat, so I opted to eat in my room instead. The room service food was nothing special, but it was fine.

Overall, pretty happy, and if you don't need to spend much time in your hotel in Agra, it's a good budget option in a very convenient location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank thephenocryst
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The location is a little far out the city and if I'd known, I probably would have chosen something closer but I had a nice time at Hotel Sakura. The room was clean though the bathroom would have benefitted from a mopping with all the dead mosquitoes on the floor.

The owner was really great and actually called ahead to the next hotel where I was staying in Jaipur (he was friends with the owner of that hotel) to make sure that I would be picked up at the train station.

The restaurant was also quite nice though I wish they spruced up the rooftop restaurant so you could actually enjoy the rooftop view. The service at the restaurant was a little needy with the waiter standing over you and then being very aggressive about making sure he was tipped.

Other than that, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend especially for those coming or going by bus given that it's right by the bus station.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends