“Thank you Ramu”
Review of Hotel Sakura

Hotel Sakura
Ranked #59 of 144 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Good hotel and Ramu helpt me with my trips in Agra and also managed a good taxi pick up in Jaipur.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Reshma_Jhagroe

Reviewed 28 February 2011

This is a beautiful hotel. Excellent location. Very good rooms. Very clean and very friendly personnel. But, I think that is very important to find a good guide for to know the city. I Met one good guide and driver, Janu Khan. He is really friendly and a very good guide and, he speaks a very good english. He knows every little beautifull place in Agra, Jaipur and all Rajastan. You can allways call him on this number: +919929152946. Janu Khan will allways help you to make and have a great vacation in India

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Marcela09
Reviewed 27 January 2011

the owner was very helpful and honest. his prices were a lot cheaper as he goes by word of mouth rather than collecting commission from the rickshaw/taxi drivers. the top range rooms have been recently renovated but were very affordable; nice 4-post beds with soft mattresses and plenty of warm clean bedding. the shower was the best in india; hot water with great water pressure. highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kiera2504
Reviewed 26 January 2011

When we first arrived and saw the reception area - with its untidy desks and messy bookcases scattered with dog-eared books and loose papers - I felt quite disappointed. I was also unimpressed by our room, which was very cold, as I suppose, with it being winter, I should have expected. As with many other hotels we have stayed at in India, there was nothing really wrong with it, it just wasn't very NICE, with dust under the bed and exposed wiring on the ceiling and a few stains around the toilet bowl - nothing major, just a few shabby details. I still think it wouldn't hurt if the staff put in just a little more effort to tidy the place up a bit and make it a little more presentable. But after a day or so, I really started to love it there. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the owner Ashu, and the two autorickshaw drivers who either work for or outside the hotel (I only know one of their names - Alexander - but they were both real gems!) who drove us from the railway station and back, and also took us all around Agra, recommending sights and restaurants, and protecting us from touts and vendors who hassled us. I also felt so at home at the hotel, with its fairy lights, and its coloured glass windows and doors, and its balcony seats, and its (surprisingly good) little restaurant. I think my initial dislike of it was probably due to the fact that I was very cold and tired when I arrived, but in summer I can imagine that it would be really lovely there. It is also very conveniently located with the bus station (for trips to Rajasthan) right outside and Agra Cantonment station not far away. I've read some complaints that it is far from the Taj but it really isn't! 100 rupees (or less) and five minutes in an autorickshaw and you're there! I think it's a great option for travellers on a budget in Agra.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Grace1986
Reviewed 23 January 2011

The hotel itself is horrible, the rooms are very dusty. But the owner and the food from hotel's restaurant was great. The bus station was just beside the hotel, and we found it very handy. If you don't expect a lot book this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Justyna82
Reviewed 30 May 2010

Although the hotel is not very nice, Ramu the owner grants everything else! He is helpful, kind, one of the nicest person that we met in India...

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank majeParis
Reviewed 15 February 2010

this is the worst hotel ever I've been to....the food is expensive, quality of service is not good and the entire hotel staff is greedy for money.......it was a nightmare staying there

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank donjuan_incubus