I will attempt to be as fair as possible. I will start off with what little good there is.
1. The resturant at the ground floor is decent. The food is average to good, and the service is quick. I don`t know what the roof top resturant was/is like, I ate at the one situated on the ground floor.
2. The front desk has a good international dialing facility; the phone having an attached display with cost/time etc. The hotel has a travel desk which we used for a driver around agra and back to delhi. Both times the costs were`nt astronomical and from what I`ve gathered average for type of vehicle/service. But then I am an indian, speak the language and bartered a bit.
Now comes the not so good.
I had taken the non/ac room, and well, I doubt there is one good thing I can tell you about. The bed`s had minimal cushioning and even less in the way of blankets/covers. The bathroom had faucets and fittings that were rusted/crusted/slimy.
The water tasted like the sea mixed with effluent and burnt my eyes. The walls were crumbling because of leakage within, and so it all adds to the sad state of things. I`ve read and been told that the Deluxe A/c rooms are much better, have decent views etc. I guess if your dead set on staying here, they might be a safer bet.
The sleep quality wasn`t the greatest, especially because my room`s window was directly behind the neon hotel sign, which streamed right through the thin curtains.
The location is and advantage, perhaps a 5 minute walk. But you walk away from the Taj Mahal first, to get tickets and then towards it. If you leave the hotel super early, just before or right after sunrise, you`ll miss the hordes of touts, salesmen, beggars and the like.
Here`s what I think.
If your on a hope and a prayer when it comes to budget, and don`t care at all where you sleep, and mostly are just treating Agra to a one night stand with the Taj Mahal, then I guess you could stay here.
If your with someone special, and want to savor the entire agra experience,
pay another 500-ish rupees at one of the homestays that top the Agra Bnb list on this website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Taj Plaza offers 40 rooms which are divided into three categories i.E. Taj Facing Deluxe Room, Deluxe A/C Room and Non AC Room. The rooms are spacious and offer a beautiful view of the famous Taj Mahal to make your stay memorable. The hotel has a multi cuisine restaurant, Magic of Spice where guests can treat their taste buds with Indian, Chinese, Continental and Mughlai delicacies. There is a 24 hours Coffee N Taj Rooftop restaurant and Bar-Be-Que where comfort and taste come together in delectable food and gracious surroundings. Hotel Taj Plaza provides 24-hour a day, 7 days a week services of qualified personnels on duty at the front desk in the reception area. Also, qualified staff members are always alert and available to guests, walk-ins and attending telephone calls from all over the world 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Hotel has a well-equipped lobby with comfortable sitting area. A well established travel desk is committed to fulfill the travel requirements of guests. 24 hours power backup is provided for electricity outages. Guests can avail 24 hours personalized room service for a great stay experience. There is a nearby ATM cash machine for the convenience of guests. All major credit cards are acceptable and foreign currency exchange services is also available. A well spacious conference and banquet hall is available that can accommodate 10 to 100 people at a time. Various other facilities provided by the hotel are luggage deposit, internet station, family reading room, car parking, daily newspaper, laundry and dry cleaning, telephone and baby sitting services are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Taj Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.