“Excellent service of this hotel”

The Grand Imperial, Agra
Ranked #20 of 144 Hotels in Agra
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent service of this hotel”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I go to AGRA for take the prewedding photo , and we stay The Grand Imperial is a good choice for us , we love the vintage style room and the hotel have a garden we also take prewedding here very nice.
The hotel staff also very helpful and nice.

we must stay in The Grand Imperial next time if we go to Agra again .

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pinky H
Grandimperial, General Manager at The Grand Imperial, Agra, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We try our best to exce the expectations of our guests.

The Grand Imperial.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
UK
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We picked this place because we wanted to stay in an old fashioned hotel after staying in a series of modern ones. The hotel is built on two floors with open arched walkways on each floor with rooms leading off them. The rooms were traditionally furnished with antique furniture and old pictures on the walls. There was plenty of hot running water and the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. We found the staff at reception polite and efficient and staff in the restaurant were equally efficient and helpful. We ate lunch and dinner in the restaurant. Dinner was a buffet with plenty of choice and it was full of flavour. Breakfast was also a very good buffet and it was the only time in India I had the choice to eat porridge for breakfast. Coffee was filty, but that is not unusual if a little surprising for a country that grows it, but never mind. I would recommend staying here if you like a bit of faded gentility.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank michnoquetUk
Grandimperial, General Manager at The Grand Imperial, Agra, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Guest,

We are extremely delighted to know, that you enjoyed staying with us, and thank you for the same. We look forward to your next visit.

The Grand Imperial
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed one night while we did the Golden Triangle tour and this was by far our favourite hotel. The rooms were decorated very nicely and the beds were clean and comfortable. We didn't use the air conditioning as it was the end of November. The staff was friendly and helpful and we were welcomed with a flower necklace and a fruit drink. The hotel hosted a wedding in the evening and the hotel manager was absolutely wonderful by making sure that we felt welcome. The rooms were large and they supplied us with everything we needed - even a hairdryer for my wife when she asked. The restaurant was good and reasonable - musicians played during the dinner. The breakfast buffet was very good as well. We don't know the cost as this was a part of a tour.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor facing the courtyard, not back around by the pool. These rooms were ver...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you, for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. It is guest like you, who boosts the morale of our team, and make them give off their best in terms of services.

We look forward to your next visit.

Rotterdam
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Quite a disappointment but glad I o ly stayed here for a night.
As for the hotel staff I had 2 experiences: first a guy who was more busy with texting his friend than doing his job and the next experience was a very friendly and correct boy.
The room was very dated and did not look very clean. I was glad I was here alone else we'd have to battle over whom would get the small blanket. Barely enough for myself.
I only slept some hours because of the terrible noise. I never had such a noisy room. It was as if cars were honking in my room and I had a stereo switched on.
To round up the story: absolutely not worth the money and glad I did not book an entire weekend here. It was that I prepayed, else I would have thought seriously about checking out straight away after arrival.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking your valuable time out to post your review on trip advisor. We take your feedback very seriously and constructively, and will take action on the same.

The Grand Imperial.

Travellers are raving about these Agra hotels

London
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The hotel is directly at the main road and the noise levels are high (general traffic noise). The hotel is more than 100 years old and posters/pictures on the wall depicting the various rulers are very useful for identifying who is who in history. We have had a lovely large room with a four poster bed and a separate sitting area overlooking the garden and pool. The room and the bathroom were very clean. However the water pressure was very variable and the design of the bath means that it is very easy to flood the bathroom. The restaurant was ok (poor lighting, high ceiling but not very spacious), but after eating there twice we explored Agra and we had dinner at the Only restaurant. The breakfast was minimalistic and tailored to the Western tourist taste. There was evening entertainment (one evening dancing at the pool area; other evening folk music at the restaurant). It was our first heritage hotel and we were getting the feel for what to expect.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback. Ours is a heritage property, and we try to maintain it to the best of our ability. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Cleveland
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I had two night stay at The Grand Imperial with my mother while on a visit to India, I read the reviews and thought I can have a pleasant stay but alas except for the Kitchen/service staff I found overall experience very unpleasant.
First and foremost the front desk staff lacked basic elements of hospitality.Neither at check in nor at check out the staff bothered to smile or be welcoming. The guy, I think last name Saxena, was outright rude. This place has no concierge and no other info material available in small lobby for tourists. I asked this manager how I can arrange for local and reliable transport... I was thinking they are in Agra and their main customer traffic is from tourists and thus would have some service available. He stated " Take a tookk-tookk ( Auto Rickshaw) from the street" or a "Bus".... , he did not even offer to call for one. Not much help I am afraid. Later when I asked him to arrange for a cab to travel to another city... he had only one option of a run down Tata Indica at prices I could have gotten luxury sedan in New Delhi !
While checking out ,I paid with cash and I was due back 37 Rupees, the girl at the front desk gave me back 30 and stated " I have no Change"... I have no problem giving money for charity but what is due to a customer should be given back, for God's sake they are supposed to be professionals... was she trying to make some money on the side for herself? !!!!
And while the room was clean the bathroom was another story, they had no towels and I had to ask for them. The Claw foot tub was wobbly and I almost tripped getting out, it was chipping with years of staining.. no way someone would want to soak in it and when you run the shower the curtain does not go all the way around and water runs on floor.The toiletries they had was a big joke, could not read what was on the small bottles since with time the print on them had faded and scratched.
The hotel is off from a main thoroughfare called M.G Road and with traffic running around the clock with persisting honking, you hear all of that in the room and in the garden.
Very poor experience and I will never go back to this place, or refer my family or friends. Were they being lame especially with us because we have Indian heritage and are not "White tourists"??? They better shake down their management.

Room Tip: Do not take rm 116, street noise is high, bathroom desperately needs repair.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dvarya
Grandimperial, General Manager at The Grand Imperial, Agra, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We are extremely saddened to know, your views. We assure you, that you will be delighted with your next stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit. you will definitely feel the difference.

Thank you, for your feedback. It helps us to serve you better.

The Grand Imperial
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Visit to Agra is all about Taj and if the same is teamed with a heritage property / hotel, it adds to your experience.
The hotel is a beautiful property and I would definitely recommend the same.
The lunch / dinner at hotel is expensive.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We enjoyed having you stay with. We shall look into the matter, of your concern.

General Manager.