“Great value for money in Agra”

The Grand Imperial, Agra
Ranked #20 of 147 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Very nice british colonial style hotel. We had paid in advance and arrived pretty late so got upgraded to a suite. super large room, on ground floor with direct access to the pool, paradise... Was a nice experience overall and provided a good rest in constrast to busy Agra:). Service was impecable, super friendly and helpful reception staff (train time table, taxi).. Breakfast food was good as well even in nothing outsdanding.
Definitely would recommend it, esp for the price we paid (around $57)

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
GrandImperial, Manager at The Grand Imperial, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your review . It is my pleasure to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. The hotel offers uninterrupted view and beautiful garden from the lobby and the rooms. I am glad that you enjoyed all guest facilities during your stay. However, we believe that it is our people who are our greatest assets, as they endeavor to create personalized experiences for our guests which translate into memories for a lifeti me. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to welcome you back to stay with us

Reviewed 19 April 2009

This is a lovely heritage hotel. The garden and the swimming pool area are spacious and very attractive , with lots of bougainvillea plants. Unfortunately there is a very busy and noisy road on the other side of the (high) wall.

The room was fine, but a little dark. The bathroom needs to be modernised to ensure that the water from the shower does not spill over onto the floor. The electricity in the room also need modernising - we had a short circuit during our stay. The quality of the television reception is poor. There is an internet connection in the hotel, but only in the cramped office adjacent to the reception area after 8 pm - it costs 100 rupees for 30 minutes.

The breakfast was fine, with a cook to prepare eggs on the spot.

The quality of the service was mixed.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family

Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor with regards your recent visit at The Grand Imperial I was most concerned to read you comment and I can assure you it will be taken up with the team and put to good use in our endeavour to provide the highest standards of service to our guests; I apologize that you were disappointed on this occasion and I hope to be able to restore your faith in The Grand Imperial in the future. Warm Regards

Reviewed 30 March 2009

I was really disappointed with this hotel. My room was very noisy, heard clearly the staff chatting outside my room early in the morning. The minibar was empty when I arrived. The breakfast was bad, already cold at 7.30 (even the hot water for coffee). My scrambled eggs didn´t show up even though there was just one person before me to order. Frontdesk staff looked really bored too. The SPA was ok but prices far too high, got 50 % discount by complaining of the prices.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo

An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 21 March 2009

• Stayed: March 2009

An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 8 January 2009

• Stayed: January 2009

Reviewed 31 December 2008

We stayed here as our 2nd stop on our india 11 day tour. The hotel itself is not star rated as its a heritage hotel. Its run by locals. Our room was basic but fine. My husband suffered here because of dust. Our towels were grey and smelt of smoke. I would recommend taking your own small towel if you stayed here. The bathroom was OK, but had a great shower! Despite this the shower was over a freetsanding bath meaning that we soaked the floor everytime we had a shower which wasnt ideal.

The food in the hotel was below average, but the staff were very freindly in the restaurant and couldn't do enough for you.This was OK as a 1 night stay but I would not stay here for longer than 1 night.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Reviewed 22 November 2008

It was great experience, great for the price in this historic city.

The staff were friendly and were very open to pleasing me. They are always striving to do better.

Staying at the Grand Imperial brought about feelings of nostalgia and gave me a sense of being part of history. To add to this just knowing that this is a heritage property only reinforced my historic and traditional sense. The exposed brick walls are part of the original building, very romantic. The furniture was very tastefully done providing an intimate experience.

The traditional dancing above the pool was an extraordinary experience and took me back in time.

If you are looking for an authentic Indian experience, without the frills of a five star hotel "professionalism".. Grand Imperial is the place to be.

I highly recommend it .

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)