“Thank you for a pleasant and comfortable stay”
Review of Hotel Sidhartha

Hotel Sidhartha
Ranked #31 of 147 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed 29 August 2011

The two of us had a lovely stay at hotel siddartha for two nights. The 400 rupee room was basic but clean and comfortable with extras like toilet paper, towel and soap which was appreciated. The reception was warm and hospitable. Would happily recommend and stay here again, Thanks again

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank dsleepyheadb

Reviewed 27 August 2011

this hotel is quite clean (they clean only before you arrive, anyway), close to Taj Mahal, ok. but I can swear you that, altough I'm not keen on design and boutique hotels, it is so sad and bad-equipped and furnished...and most of all, staff is far from being kind and helpful: we asked the manager if he could help us in getting train tickets to varanasi (every hotel in India helps you in reservations), and he told us there were no tickets available for the following FIVE next days, adding: "tomorrow at breakfast you will see a lot of our guests who are all blocked here becuase they can't reach Varanasi now!". well, a few hours later we booked our tickets (at a internet point) for the FOLLOWING day, without ANY problem. the same, we heard, did a lot of other guests. what else do you need to choose another place to stay? one can stand a sad room, but one can't stand unpolite and morbid people working in it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GiovannaB74
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed in Hotel Siddharth for our 2d3n trip to Agra. The hotel was clean with the basic ammenities. We had a peaceful stay here. But the hotel premises were full of monkeys so need to be extra cautious while coming out of the rooms specially in the second floor since these monkeys loitre freely in the balcony.

We booked the hotel to get a good view of the Taj at night from the terrace but could not go upto the terrace at night since it was free place for 20-30 monkeys.

The best part of this hotel is its location and good connectivity.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RonitB
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The hotel is located in 2 mins walking distance from Taj Mahal West Gate. I have booked it for one night stay, just wanted to photograph sunrise at Taj Mahal. So my expectations were low and it's worked for me.

A few tips- Taj is open from 5:30AM. I got there by 6AM (end of July) and could not get "west gate arch" shots without tourists standing there. By 6:30-7AM Taj was full of tourists... 50,000-70,000 tourists come to see Taj daily in off-season. In the season (November-February) 75,000-100,000 daily!! Keep in mind that Taj is closed on Fridays for cleaning. On Saturday the fountains were still off. Not pretty. So next time I would go there on Monday-Thursday.

There is no rooftop restaurant and no view of Taj Mahal from the hotel's roof.

The room is VERY basic. But you cant expect a better room for the price you pay ($10-12 per night).

The area is very dirty. Sewage is on the streets and smell is very bad! But this is normal for Agra.

I ate at the hotel's restaurant two times. Food was okay- didn't get sick.

I was satisfied with the stay. Will stay again if return. This hotel looks much better than many others located on this street.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank 69w
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Basic accomodation but clean with everything you need. Good value for the price. Close to the Taj and as the rooms are around an inner courtyard, the place is peaceful
Food was good value, well presented
Excellent staff

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolinewales
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I have brought 21 groups of students to India and I have brought the last 17 groups to Hotel Sidhartha. As soon as we get off of the train, every rickshaw driver knows that I am taking my group to Hotel Sidhartha.

We have always found the rooms clean and the staff especially friendly and helpful. The food is good and inexpensive. Because I have been coming to Hotel Sidhartha for so long, I know the owner and his son very well. The owner always greets my students personally, giving them a special welcome.

We first stopped at Hotel Sidhartha because it was so conveniently located to the Taj Mahal (literally a half block away); I continue to bring my group there year after year because of my wonderful experiences at Hotel Sidhartha. As long as I bring student groups to Agra, I will always stop at Hotel Sidhartha.

If you are looking for an expensive, luxury hotel, Hotel Sidhartha is not for you. But if you are looking for a good, basic, clean economy hotel that has a friendly and helpful staff, then Hotel Sidhartha is your best choice . . . especially if accessibility to the Taj is important to you.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gandhi_Chacha
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed in this hotel for three days and two nights. The room was very shabby, bed sheet was dirty and was not replaced on asking, bathroom was also dirty. Air Conditioner was not working for on day.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Loveraj7257