“Value for money”
Review of Hotel Amber

Hotel Amber
Ranked #65 of 110 Hotels in Lucknow
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Near the railways station, so great on location if you are there for business etc. Excellent hospitality, prompt service, good room service food. I never had to call the second time for any request. And above all price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
12  Thank Pratyush R

Reviewed 2 June 2014

please!please!please!please!don't stay here -bad location,bad service,no maintenance,no cleanliness.I had a terrible night in this jhand hotel.The experience was so bad that i had to change my hotel at 11p.m. One more time please don't stay here.

Room Tip: don't ask about room.there is no good room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank Surya Prakash C
Reviewed 21 January 2014

its a business hotel where every day sales meetings happen. so not fit for families. they have different catagories of rooms and were recently renovated. But the upkeep is rather poor. for regular guests better service is provided.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Ananth S
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I booked a room here via email three weeks before travelling. When I arrived they had no record of my booking and said they only had rooms costing 4000 rupees left (I had booked one of the 2000 rupees rooms). They denied I had made the booking so I showed them the booking confirmation in my emails. They took my phone off me to read the email and then deleted the email and said that I had no confirmation email. As I still wasn't leaving, they then said that they never take bookings off foreigners and aren't allowed to. I asked why they had then taken my booking, given I have a very obviously un Indian name. They just looked blankly at me. I asked why their hotel is in the rough guide if they don't accept bookings from foreigners but they were just not interested. They were incredibly unhelpful. I asked them to call a different hotel for me but they said I would need to give them the phone number. When I gave them a phone number they still didn't call for me. Incredibly unhelpful and perfectly happy to just turn me away, despite it being 10pm. Please don't give them your business.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma H
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I must say that this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed on and would never recommend anyone to stay on. Yes, it's in proximity to station and rates are economical too. However, the staff's behavior is worst and it's least hospitable place to plan your stay. They will not loose a single opportunity to charge the guests unreasonably. Tried to charge extra on me in final billing for a few guests of mine who came to spend a couple of hours with me and that too in noon time. Food is pathetic... (Prefer a coffee outside rather than from hotel). Noise is again a major problem, housekeeping staff will talk in corridor and it will be audible loud and clear to your room....very disturbing at times......

Not recommended..

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SPD3112
Reviewed 12 June 2012

A good hotel overall, neat and spacious rooms with good amenities .. and the food was good.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2012

You may not find many families here. Most of them are Sales people for diffrent consumer companies staying here. Has proximity to the Railway station. Rooms are big a spacious, clean.
Rates are economical, and Food is OK at those rates. On the whole good value for money.
Dont expect this to be like a star hotel. No pick-up facilities, no complementary breakfasts.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business