“Excellent Hotel in Varanasi”

Radisson Hotel Varanasi
Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Varanasi
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I and my wife stayed for two nights in this hotel for a conference meeting. Hotel is located in Caantonment area about one Kilometer from Varanasi Junction and 30 Kilometer from airport. Varansi being a very old town is very congested but this locality is less congested and have many hotels. Places like Ghatt and city centre ( Gadolia) is about 5-6 Kilometers from the hotel. Rooms are large with a comfortable bed and large LCDTV. Rooms are well furnished with minibar, Iron, Iron Board, Tea kettle and plenty of teabags. Bathrooms are sizable with bath tub and an excellent choice of toiletry including a shaving kit. Lobby is well furnished. Service is quite good and generally efficient except when checking out i asked reception to pickup bags which I kept outside of my room as i was in hurry and I wentb to take Breakfast. Bags were not picked by the time I returned , causing some delay. Brakfast is excellent . Meals in Kabab factory are also excellent. In general very good hotel to stay and I would have awarded A+ grade to them except for the service lapse which reduced it to A

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Saurabh M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, we are looking forward to have you back at Radisson Hotel varanasi.

Saurabh mathur

Write a ReviewReviews (1,507)

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Stayed there for couple of days in june-12. The hotel is a little far from the business area, but it is manageable. The room was nice, neat and clean. The staff was polite, helpful & humble. The rates they charged was very economical and hence a great value for money. The rooms were clean & tidy. The accessories in the bathroom were good too. The bed was soft, neat & clean & had a good overnight sleep.

Would definitely recommend for an overnight stay!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Saurabh M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor. We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Spent 2 nights at this hotel. Rooms a little dated but ok. Service another matter. I had a "Do Not Disturb" sign on door because I was resting and they called me woke me up to tell me the sign was there and they wanted to make the room up. Could hear telephones ringing all the time. I think they like calling rooms. Called me again when resting to find out if I was going to have dinner in the restaurant. Had trouble with room key and had to go to desk to get it reset. Out of all the hotels I stayed at in India this was least favourite.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feed back on trip advisor. I will look into the concerns shared by you. Assuring you our best services at all times.Looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

there are so many things in the hotel whis is very authentic, the staff are well trained very proffesnal , we are very impressed from one staff in this hotel only Amit sharma in the restaurant who made my tri memorable.

Room Tip: excellent services in restaurant
Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank anjalij800

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor, all of us are looking forward to welcome you again at the hotel.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel in the month of July. The room offrered to be was for 3500 indian rupees and it was having a pathetic view of surroundings. the room was fully condensed and u can see water drops everywhere. even the bed was damp and any one staying in that room for more than an hour would have fallen sick. I immediately checked out, though my money was not refunded and stayed in another hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Saurabh M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feed back we will take corrective measures, looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Last night I went to east west restaurant at Radisson Varanasi. Expected a lot better food and service from a hotel like Radisson. Last week I visited three different five stars in Varanasi for dining and this had the worst food among the lot. I went for a buffet at East West and the curries there didn't appear to be from a starred hotel. Their paneer tasted way too spicy like some local dhabas and the desserts were over sweet. The service was also extremely slow. For the crowd it attracts they need more waiters so that the customers can have some better experience in terms of service. In terms of food definitely they have to do lots to make it better. I was disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, We have shared your feed back with our team for corrective action, assuring you our best services always.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Stayed in Radisson, Varanasi for 2 days. Felt that their target is foreigners and not Indians. South indian food is bad.

Let me list some not so good experiences.

1. Hara bara kabab that we ordered didnt taste good. The raw taste of the dough was there in it. They took it back, fried it more, added more chilli powder and brought it back but still the dough taste was there.

2. The arabiata pasta was hard. Not sure if that how the pasta will be.

3. I asked for filter coffee. they said its there and brought one. But its very clear that its not filter coffee but just made something out of the regular coffee that they served.

4. Gave my pyjamas for laundry at 10pm and told clearly that I need it back by 9am next day as I need to checkout at 11:30am. They said that they will give it back by 9am. But till 12pm next day I didnt get it and I need to call and remain them to get it back.

Now the good part:

1. Free Internet connection without asking for it.

2. Membership card without asking for it.

3. Room was good.

Overall, I didnt find it great but good. For food, I will advise everyone to try other restaurants in the city. I will try other hotels in the same category when I go next time. I want to give 2.5 stars but I couldnt. So ending up giving 3.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RavikumarEswaran
Saurabh M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feed back on Trip Advisor. We have addressed your concerms with our team. Looking forward to welcome you back.