“Best value for money.......”

Welcome Inn at Ganges
Ranked #81 of 220 Varanasi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This place was best value for my spending as rooms were spacious, clean and very good support at all the time from manager. Manager has very good knowledge about anything you want to know related to tourism in India and he helped me with lots of suggestion and further planning which worked very well. Breakfast was delicious and view were awesome from rooftop. The pantoon brige (temprorary) was very nearby at 10 minutes walk and we walked across holy river through the bridge to see Varanasi kings palace and other places were also nearby. Abhishek had managed boat, tuk tuk and taxi all when I required. I loved staying there and wanted to stay more in city of light.. I will definitely recommend them to my friends going there..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Welcome INN V, Owner at Welcome Inn at Ganges, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you kind review. We enjoyed providing you service at every point and We like sharing information with you on tourism as you wanted to know more about places. We thank you again for recommendation and we will look forward for your next visit if you come to Varanasi.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I loved staying at Welcome Inn. This was best place i have stayed during my tour of India. Rooms are very spacious, large and clean. Owner was very friendly and helping on everything i wanted during my stay.
It was 1km from assi ghat in very silent residential area near ganges. Varanasi city is very dusty and full of hustle & bussle wherein welcome inn gave me all the silence required after visiting old city and ghats. They offer very good fresh food in room or rooftop. Wifi was working very nicely from room instead of going to rooftop or lobby unlike other hotels.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

After staying at several noisy and dusty places in Varanasi, we decided to try this place.

It was spotlessly clean, and very very quiet. I can say in my experience that this combination in varanasi is very rare. I slept like a baby and was very happy to stay there. Not so congested like in the ghats.

Management seemed very helpful and caring.

It is in a non touristy location. There are many large mansions around the area. About 5-10 min auto rickshaw to Assi Ghat. The road getting there was not so good, many many bumps and pot holes and extremely dusty. This was the only issue I would say. Other than that it was perfect.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Welcome Inn. The staff and especially the manager, Abishek, are very friendly and helpful, and they organise tours, taxis etc. at very reasonable prices (I checked them against a travel agent's quotes, which were about double). Also, the food they serve is excellent, the rooms are very spacious and comfortable, and they have cable TV with plenty of English channels if you want to escape the sheer craziness and dirtiness that is Varanasi (and they are far enough away from the centre to be quiet at night, no small consideration in one of the noisiest cities I have ever been to). Finally, each room has its own A/C unit which you can control, which is important as plenty of other places in India control the A/C centrally and basically skimp outrageously unless you engage in shouting matches with management (but see issues with power below).

Downsides are minimal: my room's shower was cold because the plummer 'stuffed up' and didn't hook the hot water up to the nozzle, but you can put up to 15 liters of hot water into a bucket and pour it on yourself (which works fine); and the city has daily power cuts, which the hotel's generator deals with unless the mains is off for too long (but any hotel bar the 5-stars will have this problem).

So, bottom line, this hotel is excellent value for money. I would recommend it to anyone not prepared to pay top-dollar - and if you are a 5-star traveler, don't come to Varanasi - with all the crowds and cow-dung and constant dust from the pot-holed roads you'll end up trapped in your hotel crying like a little girl... Varanasi is definitely not for the faint-hearted!

Room Tip: If you do want a 'real shower' then ask, because they told me that the plummer only stuffed...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Welcome INN V, Owner at Welcome Inn at Ganges, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Sir, We wish you very happy new year 2014. Thank you for taking time to share your suggestions and compliments for us. We had great time talking with you on different issues, listening to your views and sharing ours. We are already working to connect hot water line with shower as currently in that room only hot water comes in tap and not in shower. In the mean time bucket is kept to get hot water from tap and take bath by pouring it till its not fixed.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I would like to say that the service was excellent. Abishek was a wonderful host, and was extremely kind and helpful. He organised our onward hotel and the driver to take us to the station. Nothing was too much trouble. he even intervened for us when our auto rickshaw driver was demanding more money for transporting us to the hotel . The hotel was slightly further away from the main tourist area but it was in a quiet location, and we enjoyed the walk along the ghats to reach the main sights. The room was clean and comfortable and the sevice good. I would recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I really enjoyed my few days in Welcome Inn at Ganges. View of Ganges from the roof, warm welcome, and very helpful advices for tourism, and booking for taxis, boats, guides,... Not in the noise of Varanasi, but not far at the same time.
The rooms are provided with air conditioned, they are large and comfortable. You can have excellent home-made breakfasts, lunchs, dinners.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Our stay in Welcome Inn was excellent and very peaceful. The room was big, well fournished and clean. You can have breakfast and any dinner on the roof. And we recommend you to eat there, because the cook is very very good. All the staff are very friendly and very helpful for anything you ask. The hotel is situated in a quiet place, which is like 30 minutes by walk from Assi Ghat (or you can take a rickshaw or the hotel's car). So, we can only tell you to go there and enjoy the place!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank giub20
Welcome INN V, Owner at Welcome Inn at Ganges, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

It is great to see your nice review for our property. It gives us more energy and encourage us for doing good work. We really thank you for using our services and sharing your overwhelming review for us.
If you or your friends come to Varanasi again then we look ahead to be host here as your home in Varanasi.