Older style hotel in the banks of the Ganges. We had a downstairs room which was comfortable while not especially functional. Our downstairs room had no windows and the walls were quite thin! Hotel location is excellent and the staff are very friendly. Rooftop restaurant not open as it was undergoing renovations, but the small ground floor restaurant serves excellent India meals and we could always get a chai tea with a smile at any time of the day. Wifi can be purchased for one hour or one day at reasonable rates but is not free. Good location, clean, comfortable, friendly staff and right on the edge of the Ganges. (The hotel was also the choice of a very well known BBC film crew who were staying at the hotel while filming a segment on the River Ganges)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palace on Ganges is a new, immaculately clean hotel with 22 rooms, each named for -- and said to be decorated in the style of -- a different region of India. Our rooms were good-sized and well appointed (cable TV sets, non-alcholic mini-bar, tables and chairs). The staff is friendly and attentive. Food is vegetarian and well prepared. The big advantage is Palce on Ganges's location. It is at Asi Ghat, And while it's "on the Ganges," a small road and a large where you can get the cab easily from just out of the hotel. Views of the Ganges from the balcony -- and rooms facing the river (on supplement charges) -- are far less good than those from, among others hotels. Disadvantages: not all rooms face the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Palace on Ganges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palace On Ganges Varanasi
- Palace On Ganges Hotel Varanasi