Ramada Plaza JHV Varanasi
US$64
US$35
US$30
  • Breakfast included
Ganpati Guest House(Varanasi)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$40
US$36
Official Site
1,214 results
All reviewsclub roompizza hutswimming poolbiryanitravel desknice propertyexcellent hotelwelcome drinknice poolroom servicebreakfast buffetcantonment areaindian restaurantspecial thanksrestaurant staffvery pleasant stayrooms are spacious
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I don’t know where to start...This hotel ‘oversells’ themselves and their services and facilities are dreadful. Even though we were travelling out of season the initial room we were given was dirty and overlooked the staff service entrance. When I complained they moved us to another room which was cleaner but the carpet was soaking wet as they had just cleaned it. We settled for this room as the ‘facilities’ where cleaner than the initial room we were given. But still was not great and defiantly not the 5star they make it out to be.
Upon check-in the front-office staff asked for our passports so they could take copies – when we returned at 9h30pm that night the front office staff (Prateek) again asked for our passports so they could take copies and assured me that they would be returned to my room within 5mins. Eventually after 15minutes I called reception and asked them to return the passports as we wanted to go to bed – eventually after 20minutes I had to go down to reception to collect them myself. When I asked for the managers business card I was given the ‘executive chef’s business card’…how can a ‘chef’ help me? I eventually had to ask the ‘duty manager’ Anish Thakur to write his name on the business card so I knew who I was complaining to as he didn’t seem to care.
Breakfast was inedible – for the 2nights that we unfortunately stayed at the hotel we could not eat their breakfasts. It looked like the breakfasts had been cooked days in advance and left to soak in the oils and fats – even the bread’s left out to toast where hard and stale. Thank goodness for the Radisson Hotel next door where we could eat lunch and the mall where we could eat dinner. When I complained I was eventually offered a suite. I did not take the offer of the suite as I was tired of moving rooms and this was not the reason why I complained. The staff are lethargic and didn’t seem to have any interested whatsoever in the running of the hotel….all standing around with not much to do. If I could have checked out after one night I would have. I would not recommend this hotel as a luxury 4/5star hotel that it says it is. This hotel is old and in desperate need of a revamp. Don’t even consider using the spa as this is a whole different review. Pictures and flyers in the rooms and on their website are VERY deceiving.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Leona M
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Be careful here. Housekeeping is terrible. A minimum of three reminders is a must. And, the person receiving is rude. Front office wanted payment for items mentioned as complementary.

Complaint to Manager helped. He was polite, but, the damage was done.

All patrons to be careful, staff will milk the guests.

Room Tip: Rooms are good, but the house keeping is poor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AG1954
Reviewed 18 May 2013

This is a well placed and lovely hotel. The hotel is decorated beautifully and staff very pleasant and efficient. There are some nice shops and a patisserie - and the bar is lovely although a bit dark. The dining area is lovely, bright and well stocked and breakfast was yum. Our rooms were clean and bright although yet again only one bathrobe and pair of slippers??? The pool area was fab and we were able to sit out as there were umbrellas ( a novelty as these were the first seen during our stay in India!!) the pool was very nice indeed as were the gardens although the litter was a disappointment

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kate J
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Good service, Good Experience.
The food at the "Tadka" was exceptional.
Even the breakfast which is complimentary
was good.
Staff were helpful.
The only complaint was the tourist taxis provided
which were a tad expensive,
But overall a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I booked this hotel as a good deal was available through a website with the flight ticket.

Location of the hotel was good. Check-in was slightly difficult as the hotel had not received my reservation from the travel portal. They gave me the room anyways.

Room was specious with all facilities. It is an old property where you see lot of Teak Wood. Housekeeping was fairly good and so was room linen.

The bad part was the food at the Coffee Shop. I had ordered an Indian Vegetable which was served after some delay and was very sour. I had to return that item and ordered other vegetable. This one was slightly better than the previous one. It still was sour though.

They had also served Onion Rings. This one had a dead fly sitting on it!! I brought it to the attention of the waiters who removed it promptly. i wish I had taken a photograph of it. I was nauseous after this lunch all through evening.

You may stay here but definitely avoid eating here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo