“When you are tired of Indian cuisine”

Ramada Plaza JHV Varanasi
Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Varanasi
Vancouver, Canada
“When you are tired of Indian cuisine”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

One of the high-graded properties in Varanasi. But I would say it's decent and you wouldn't be impressed. There is a on-site Chinese restaurant named Silk Route where I dine usually. It might be an option when you would like something different from Indian even though their dishes still have much of Indian flavour.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Kaladhar T, General Manager at Ramada Plaza JHV Varanasi, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest

We appreciate your feedback about your stay & experience in our Chinese Restaurant in the month of November2013 however we would like to bring in to your kind notice that we had closed our chinese restaurant in the month of may 2013 itself and were little concerned whether you had the food with us or somewhere else.

Kaladhar Tripathy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Worst experience at Ramada. Bad room service, bad front desk manager,rude behavior, one day before check in for early entry information after that they charge Rs-2000 more .............,after full occupancy only one lift open at night. i am personally feel cheated. ALOK

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Kaladhar T, General Manager at Ramada Plaza JHV Varanasi, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Mr.Kumar

Greetings from Ramada Plaza JHV!!!

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. Though we can undo the inconvenience caused to you but we would like to take this case as non-representative of our service standard. We would certainly improve our services and request you to give us a chance to serve you again.
Mumbai
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My overall stay was a very pleasant one. The rooms were well maintained. The hotel staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The breakfast area and cuisine was good as well. The location was nearby to the airport which worked in our favour. The travel desk was helpful as well with respect to locations that could be visited and were knowledgable about it. I would surely recommend this hotel for a stay at Varanasi.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest

Greeting from Ramada Plaza !!!

We sincerely appreciate your feedback about your stay & your motivating words strives the staff to work better towards guest satisfaction. We look forward to welcome you again with us.

Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was my second stay at the Ramada (my first stay being the previous year). My first stay was fine, my second stay was like being in hell.

Let's start with the good: the rooms are fine, the food is good (both in room and the banquet area), the room has a safe, and you feel generally safe in the hotel.

The bad is the hotel (for 2 nights) kept moving furniture around in the restaurant above from 11pm to 2am in the morning. The noise was VERY loud and sounded like heavy tables being dragged across the floor.

After I had drifted off to sleep and somewhere between 11pm and 11.30pm, I was woken by the noise. I listened to it for a while waiting for it to stop but it didn't. So, I politely called Reception and asked them to stop the noise. The noise stopped for a while, and so I fell back to sleep.

Around midnight, I was woken by the noise again. This time I recorded the noise on video before calling Reception and (again) politely asking them to stop the noise. The only difference is that I told them I had already asked politely once, that the current call was the second polite request - and that if I had to call a third time then all hell would break loose and I would come down to Reception and start making my own noise.

The noise stopped for a while, but I was then woken up at around 2am in the morning.

At this point, I was so angry because the hotel did not care me; my need to sleep in order to enjoy my holiday; that I had spent thousands of dollars to come to Varanasi; and that the hotel was ruining my holiday. They just did not care one single bit.

The only thing that got them to stop was me going to reception and start yelling. It's not something I am proud of but I was becoming so sleep-deprived and frustrated that I felt like I had no choice. It was only after I was yelling did the noise stop for good.

If you want to listen to how loud the noise was then click on this YouTube link http://youtu.be/pcWcUHdsFP0 or go to YouTube and search 'Ramada Varanasi noise'. I think you will be shocked.

I will never stay at this hotel again because it is pointless offering decent rooms and food - only to deprive you of sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Greetings from Ramada Plaza JHV!!!

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us in the month of February and would like to bring in to your kind notice that we have closed the restaurant on the top floor due to regular complaints. Your feedback has helped us in improving ourselves to serve our guests better. We would look forward to welcome you again to experience the same.
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Worst experience I had ever had at Ramada.
I will rate this hotel as least in hospitality and zero in security.
Their security in charge Mahapatra was such a painful guys to handle. If he treats an Indian like this I can imagine what fool he will make out of foreigners and how rude he will be with them.
This hotel must be rated at 1.5 star
Believe me Bekanerwala in varanasi is 200 times better than this.
I have stayed in Ramada chennai Goa and Europe but this one is shame on the name of Ramada.
I will never recommend this place and ask follower to avoid this hotel.
You have clark, radission better try that.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank pushkar_SAP
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a wedding back in April here and hosted a dinner for almost 800 people. While the wedding ground and food was theirs which was quite nice and as a venue for a wedding the place was good.

We also had 40 rooms that we had for 3 nights. The rooms are the best in all of Varanasi and one of the most comfortable rooms I have stayed in ( And I have stayed in quite a few ! )

The rooms are big, beds twin ones are large, Bathroom works great, water pressure is excellent.

The hotel is courteous enough and Mohita at the reception who managed our guests was excellent.

The food is excellent and location top notch.

Overall a fantastic place and I am surprised it is not ranked higher.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank varunkochar
Kaladhar T, General Manager at Ramada Plaza JHV Varanasi, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Mr. Kochar

Greeting from Ramada Plaza JHV !!!

We sincerely appreciate your feedback about your stay with us and your kind words strives our staff to work towards better customer satisfaction. We look forward to welcome you again with us.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've visited almost all the hotels of Varanasi but this hotel stand alone from others. The hotel spread in a huge area with all the facilities and even the base category room size is biggest among all the hotels in Varanasi. This is the hotel, where you can relax and enjoy your stay. The hotel never gives too crowded feeling and the staffs are always co-operative. I always suggest everyone to stay in this hotel only cause this is the best & worth staying.

Room Tip: The pool facing room will be better as having lovely view from the room.