This place was pretty standard for budget accommodation in India, the only issue was that it was nearly twice the price. I am not sure if this is because we arrived right after Shivaratri (a huge Hindu festival) ended or this is the standard price?
The location was ideal, but the room (again for the price) was pretty sub-standard. Our toilet seat was broken, the bed was lopsided, we didn't have a window and the internet was touch and go.
Having said all that I was happy we even found a room, as many of the hotels had been booked up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Varanasi a mirror of ancient spiritual India and a destination swinging to the of India,s vibrant culture is a must visit for any traveler wishing to experience real India. To experience the real essence of Varanasi it is essential to discover and explore the ''old city' and the ghats the steps leading to the holy Ganges and the ghats the steps leading to holy Ganges. The hotel Palace on steps ,located at a prime location in the holy city, holds the distinction of having the maximum number of rooms offering an unparallelled view of the Ganges. Besides the hotel is a true balanced blend of luxury and comfort for the travelers ready to experience Varanasi in all its glory interestingly the hotel is designed aesthetically with a touch of true Indian history as showcased in the castle design which dates back about 400years. therefore the guest have an attraction of experiencing the splendor of medieval Indian architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Palace on Steps reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palace On Steps Hotel Varanasi
- Palace On Stepss Varanasi