“Bad experience ” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carltons Plaisance

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mussoorie
Carltons Plaisance
Ranked #44 of 74 Hotels in Mussoorie
“Bad experience ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My stay in so-called hotel was terrible , tiolet,bathroom was not clean,lack of trained staff,foods ,tea quality was average ,but rates are similar to three star hotels ,rooms charges are very high,I will not suggest anybody to come here and spoil their holidays

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Suresh S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Kolhapur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

The place is best , food is excellent all of the above the hosts are really warm and welcoming people, they even allowed us to have a look at their personal collection of various artefacts and books.The staff is attentive and helpful.The rooms are spacious,beautiful French windows most of the place is kept original as and wherever possible
Thank you for having us.will visit you soon

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Nalavade31
Delhi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

whenever I visit mussoorie I stay in different hotel this time I stayed in this and must say my experience is not so great infact I had to call 3 times on reception to know if I can checkout a little late but must say at last I had to wait 1 hr then again I tried....good is fine service is bad...staff is fine....rooms arr ok

overall average and dnt want to try again

• Stayed January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank prashantkumar552
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have a book in my collection at back home, a Ruskin Bond book 'Mussoorie & Landore: The days of wines & roses. In it I saw a picture with beautiful French windows, so elegant that I wished that I had a similar at home. That was years ago and when I arrived @Carltons with my wife I soon discovered that those pictures were of our very own hotel. What a co-incidence..I wasnt aware of this when I had booked our room here. It came to me as a pleasant surprise.

Firstly you need to know where you are, this is no commercial/main stream hotel...It is a beautiful homestay worth an exprience with beautiful atmosphere. Everything is very characteristic here. Our suit was no less than any monument, just so much full of history. The food was good & reasonably priced. Dedicated staff. The public areas were well kept. The place is full of history and will surely take you back in the days of wines and roses.

Anu aunty was very helpful throughout. When I spoke to her to enquire, I knew I as surely going to be well taken care by the hosts. Her recommendations for sightseeings were so much better than other well know tourist activities. I wish we could meet her during our stay.

We wished we could stay here longer and will surely return here. Well recommended.

Regards / Krishnapal

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank Krishnapal
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I visited this hotel on 31st Dec'2013 and it was wrost experience ever in my life. They have very poor room service, rooms are very dirty, electricity problems, no wifi, even no TV. As soon you enter in hotel, they will ask you to pay all amount so that you can't leave hotel in between. Room service was not available after 10PM IST and if you need anything like hot watre/tea/cofee then you have to drive and go to market. Please do not book this hotel ever in your life otherwise you will regreet....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank Pankaj681
Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I had a chance of staying at cartons recently and i found it a very peaceful and nice place to be in. It has a old world charm to it. Never did we feel that we were living at a hotel.. It was like living in a well furnished house with helpers all around to facilitate you.

Great service, well maintained and very nice food.
All in all a splendid experience. It was my first holiday in 8 years and carlton made it special..

Also the fact the holiday was planned by my best friends for my birthday made it extra special.

Definitely would like to recommend the hotel to people who are planning to visit.

Room Tip: Choose the suites...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank divanshu_arora
Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I first visited Mussoorrie as a child with my parents and have been going back there almost every year since the year 2000. We usually stayed at hotels on the Mall simply because of few of them were owned by friends. But this year when we planned the trip my wife and friends wanted a change from the usual hotels I frequented.

I was very skeptical about staying at a new place because my usual hotel had great service. I found Carlton in a quick search on travel websites. Read about it on their own website and saw the images. I read reviews of the hotel which ranged from exceptionally great to downright degraded (someone even called it a bhoot bangla!)

I talked to the owner Ms. Anu Singh and felt at ease with her. Boy am I glad we stayed at this place. The property is stunningly beautiful, super large and comfy. It has an old world charm. The staff is very courteous and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. We were a party of 5 friends (including 2 couples and a stag) so we initially reserved 3 deluxe rooms but upgraded to 2 suites and a deluxe room when we saw the place. The suites were right next to each other with a common lounge area. One of the suites opened into a very luxurious living area while the others entrance was from the large dinning area. Both the suites overlooked a very neat garden. The deluxe room was also very spacious and comfortable. The suites had 'bhakris' were you could burn some wood that made the rooms very cosy.

The staff (lead by the super efficient and ever smiling Usmaan) did everything they could, and more, to make our trip special. The service was impeccable, the food great and the ambience decadent. I love a lot of eating joints in Mussoorrie and always make it a point to visit them on my trips there. But this time we ended up eating all our meals at the hotel.

One of us accidentally forgot to return the room keys. We realized it when the owner Ms. Anu Singh called us some 20 minutes after we had left and were on the Mall. The issue was again sorted out within seconds and without us facing any inconvenience.

I would always prefer to stay here on my next trips. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple